Random Basketball Observations

I just wish they'd swallow the whistle and let em bang, both sides. That Harden foul late on LBJ was a tough call. Lots of contact 45 feet away but not sure it was worthy of a call. These guys are just so big and fast, most calls are just arbitrary. Every play is a foul.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

can't you go five minutes without putting black people down?

Jeff Stotts ‏@RotowireATC Hear me out. Mavs sign Seth Curry, Jason Thompson, & Gerald Green. Then roll out a lineup of Curry, Thompson, Green, Barnes, & Bogut.

have to love JR Smith   J.R. Smith apparently drives a $450,000 armored truck around New York City now    

I thought they were swallowing the whistle the entire game. There were multiple times that a player under the basket was just getting destroyed, with no call.

I don't think I've ever seen more than a few seconds of footage of Charles. No idea if he was even any good.
Kids these days. Barkley was my favorite player other than MJ. That '93 Finals is still my favorite non-Lakers finals ever.
I didn't watch that whole video because my god the quality, but I assume
was in there.
i really hope papi shows up with that broom.
I love papi. But listening to him on Friday's show just made me sad. Stugotz shows a great deal of perspective in comparison when it comes to the Heat. This is how one conversation went:Dan: The knee-jerking by the national media on Westbrook is insane. After game 1 he is considered great, then after having basically the same game in game 2, he needs to grow up.Stu: It's unfair, but that's the way it is. (Note: I don't actually remember if he said that, but I'm assuming he did.)(Dan throws it to Papi.)Papi: What can you expect? The entire media is biased against the Heat.
Brooks' decisions about who he has on the floor seem to be really dumb at times.http://espn.go.com/b...nt-on-the-bench
I think Brooks is a good coach when it comes to adjusting to what an opponent is trying to do. Seems like he really understands the game. But his substitutions and lineups basically cancel that out and then some. Hmm, Durant has to sit because of foul trouble; might as well take Westbrook out too.On that last 3 that Westbrook missed...I wish he had just ran at Spo who was way out on the court. Imagine the conversation if Spo gets T'd up (which he should've been anyway) and then the Thunder hit a 3 to go ahead and win by that margin. I said he should've been, but I don't actually expect them to do that. Coaches aren't supposed to step on the court and he was basically running at Westbrook while he was about to attempt a 3. He stepped right in front of Joey Crawford too. I really need OKC to win this next game.
I love papi. But listening to him on Friday's show just made me sad. Stugotz shows a great deal of perspective in comparison when it comes to the Heat.This is how one conversation went:Dan: The knee-jerking by the national media on Westbrook is insane. After game 1 he is considered great, then after having basically the same game in game 2, he needs to grow up.Stu: It's unfair, but that's the way it is. (Note: I don't actually remember if he said that, but I'm assuming he did.)(Dan throws it to Papi.)Papi: What can you expect? The entire media is biased against the Heat.
i don't really worry about what papi is saying. he is pure insane fan entertainment, plus funny accent.i thought dan came on a little strong when stugotz was like "thats just the way it is." I HATE PEOPLE WHO SAY THAT. not you though, stugotz. I MEAN WHAT ABOUT SLAVERY HUH?easy there tiger.

I'll be honest, I thought the shot clock would reset in that situation. Then again I'm not in the NBA so I don't need to know all the rules.Also, Doris Burke reminds me of Nina Hartley.doris-burke-autographed-signed-8x10-photo_337ece49f0744d9be411db1350285fe6.jpg3187927075_efbe8a8dbb.jpg

somebody tweeted that lebron is faking so his gatorade commercial can rival MJ's. thats a funny troll.this game is great though.edit: MAR E O!
Except he sponsors Powerade. Do yourself a favor, follow Darren Rovelle, get informed son.

powered or gatorade the joke is the same. except it doesn't work if you sit out the final minute, so whatever.edit: just saw on espn that teams up 3-1 in the finals are 30-0 all time. i like that stat.

I kinda hope LBJ pulled a muscle in his thigh, and the heat lose the next 3 games by 30 each. That would be more Validation of Lebron's greatness ( in my mind) than them winning the championship

What exactly is the rule regarding the shot clock on those jump balls? Unless I'm making things up in my head I've seen it several times stay at 1 second or whatever time was left. Is this an under two minutes in the game thing, or am I just way off?

How about the guy averaging 30/10/5? Lebron something.
LeBron is having one of the greatest playoffs I've ever seen and I'm old but without Brooks horrible decision making with his lineup and on court matchups I think it's OKC with a 3-1 lead.
T-Minus 1 game until the Thunder become my favorite team because of media over reaction to them losing this series.
It won't be the team though, Westbrook will take most of the totally undeserved beating.
edit: just saw on espn that teams up 3-1 in the finals are 30-0 all time. i like that stat.
I think Miami is going to win obviously, but the Heat did lose three games in a row to Boston last series and the Thunder won four in a row after being down two. So maybe it hasn't happened in the finals, but it's not like a one in a million shot or something.
What exactly is the rule regarding the shot clock on those jump balls? Unless I'm making things up in my head I've seen it several times stay at 1 second or whatever time was left. Is this an under two minutes in the game thing, or am I just way off?
I thought it stayed at whatever it was too. But apparently the rule was changed before the 2003 season to reset to 5 seconds. Which makes no sense to me. Why 5 seconds? Seems like it should either reset completely or stay as is. Obviously you can't expect a guy to think about this as it's happening, but if Harden just lets Haslem get the rebound, it's going to be a 24-second violation. Lebron is clearly the best player in the series, but Brooks has been awful. Somebody on the Thunder needs to give Perkins food-poisoning so Brooks can't play him anymore. When Lebron went down I got really nervous. Worst case scenario for me is the Heat winning a championship with Lebron missing the clincher. Then we still get all the Lebron-haters in full-force. If it was just cramps, he should be fine for Thursday, right?Brain-fart notwithstanding, Westbrook was all kinds of amazing last night. He gets blamed too much for dribbling the clock out and putting up a bad shot, but how many of those times are because he's trying to get the ball to Durant, but Durant can't get open? I think if I had Westbrook's athleticism, I'd be flying all over the court just like him. Seems like that would be a lot of fun.

If Harden had not taken a jump ball on Haslem and tied him up, Haslem would have had an easy putback with two seconds on the shot clock.