Random Basketball Observations

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

can't you go five minutes without putting black people down?

Jeff Stotts ‏@RotowireATC Hear me out. Mavs sign Seth Curry, Jason Thompson, & Gerald Green. Then roll out a lineup of Curry, Thompson, Green, Barnes, & Bogut.

have to love JR Smith   J.R. Smith apparently drives a $450,000 armored truck around New York City now    

I mean it was a clearly a charge on Durant when he ran into Battier. It goes both ways.
This. And come on that would have been a VERY soft call with under ten seconds left. Simmons just can't help himself from complaining about the refs favoring Miami.OKC shot more FTs, just saying.

I can't stand the Heat, but all this talk about the refs from everyone is getting stale. In the words of Rasheed Wallace, "Both teams played hard"

I don't know what happened to the posts I quoted. Oh well.Perkins has no business playing in this series. Brooks really needs to figure that out. That is where the game was really lost.Here are my thoughts on the no-call:1.) Lebron definitely fouled him.2.) That's not a foul that is normally called in that spot in the game, but there are some hero refs who would've made that call.3.) Calling games differently at the end of the game is stupid. One of my pet peeves is people saying "let the players decide the game." You know how the players are deciding the game? By using their skill to force the defender to foul him to stop him from scoring. The game shouldn't be called differently based on game circumstances.4.) Lebron also fouled Westbrook on the rebound.The no-call doesn't bother me that much simply because that's the way things are at the end of games; I just wish they weren't that way. And I understand that there were other calls that could've swung the game too, but the further back you go the more you have to try to imagine how the game would've played out. You can say KD should've fouled out with four minutes left or whatever, but then you have no idea what happens the next four minutes. Maybe Westbrook or Harden go off. Maybe Miami relaxes a little. Maybe OKC self-destructs and it becomes a blowout. Who knows? But when it's basically the last play of the game, there are a lot less variables to consider.If there was a foul called and KD turned that into an "and 1," the Lebron hate would've gone nuclear (especially on the heels of an awful 3-pt attempt). So there's that silver lining. But I don't want anymore referee controversies in this series.

Meh. Who cares. That seems to be something petty to get riled up about.

I feel like brv is trying to trap me into doing something illegal. Or at least immoral. For shame, brvheart.They need to put this on DVD and the bonus features would include complete video of all practices and games. I would pay upwards of everything for this.

Someone just copied the youtube video before it was removed. It's not illegal or immoral for you to watch it. It's good advertising for NBATV.Also, I'm right here dammit. Quit talking about me in the 3rd person or whatever.

You are all bastards. Every single one of you. Except for Keith, he's ok.

The Dream Team doc will be on NBA TV often, I'm sure.I taped it's original airing though, just to be positive.I don't have many original thoughts on game 2. Vu's thoughts about hero-reffing and end-of-game calls mostly correlate with how I feel. Unfortunately I only got to watch the last 6 minutes or so live, so I wouldn't feel right commenting about how the rest of the game was officiated.Hoping the series goes 7. They really match up in a unique way, that could make for a classic series. I shudder to think about what Boston would have turned this finals into. Just one long vomit of "basketball" that they'd lose in 5 or 6. But I would have loved every second of it.Edit: And I think Brv sucks too.

• Like 2