Random Basketball Observations

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

can't you go five minutes without putting black people down?

Jeff Stotts ‏@RotowireATC Hear me out. Mavs sign Seth Curry, Jason Thompson, & Gerald Green. Then roll out a lineup of Curry, Thompson, Green, Barnes, & Bogut.

have to love JR Smith   J.R. Smith apparently drives a $450,000 armored truck around New York City now    

Athletically, Lebron is way ahead of JOrdan. Anyone who argues that fact is crazy. It's just the evolution of sports, athletes will always become more talented than their predecessors. I think what separates them is Lebron lacks Jordan's competitive edge. I'm not saying James doesn't try to win, or that he isn't competitive. Jordan was just on a whole other level when it comes to a desire to win. I'm pretty sure Jordan would posterize his own grandmother in a neighborhood game of 21 if it meant he would win.Edit: When I say way ahead, I don't necessarily mean like a NBA All Star vs. a high school bench warmer.

Great GameSefalosha and Collison made a huge difference in the 2nd half.Wade took a lot of horrible shots and they put the ball in his hands far too often.

• Like 1

Lebron was just ok. Wade and Bosh were terrible. Battier had to go nuts to stave off okc for 36 minutes but Miami can't win with wade and bosh going 11-30.

Great GameSefalosha and Collison made a huge difference in the 2nd half.Wade took a lot of horrible shots and they put the ball in his hands far too often.
Yes to all of this.There's no real reason Perkins should be playing this series. Ibaka did some good things, but Collison was playing so well I'm glad Brooks stuck with him. Fisher was beating up Chalmers going around screens. I guess that's why he was in there instead of Harden? Westbrook makes Wade look old. Of course, Westbrook might be the most athletic player in the NBA. He's got a little bit of Ron Artest crazy in him too.Re: ESPN analysis. I didn't watch most of it, but I did hear them talking about how Bosh needs to be starting. While I do agree with them, that's not the reason they lost that game. They kind of got off to a great start with Bosh on the bench. Durant was playing way off Lebron letting him take jumpers. That's the strategy I would use too. But Lebron can get on a roll hitting those. Thabo played great defense on Lebron when they finally switched to him. I wonder if the game plan was Durant on Lebron early and then go to Thabo for the 4th or if it was just an in-game adjustment.

This is amusing:9vuljv.gifIs that Riley's wife next to him? Also this:9vuxda.gifLebron was guarding Durant on this play. He just barely made it past the 3-pt line. Not shown: because of an illegal screen by Perkins. Those years with Garnett paid off.

Don't make David Stern angry:http://deadspin.com/5918141/?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

• Like 1

Was just coming to post the David Stern thing. The guy is such an arrogant asshat, and everyone knows it. It's really quite something.

Honestly, I didn't think either of them were out of line when they took offense at each other.

Since we are semi on the topic of the lottery I'd like to get your opinions on Mike Greenbergs suggestion, which I think is genius but will definitely never happen.the 14 lottery teams have a playoff and the winner gets the number 1 pick and so on. The teams closest to competing get the biggest boost, and the awful organizations stay awful organizations like they always have been. Takes away any reason to tank the season.

This runs counter to the whole point of the draft.
Look at the Clippers though. In the lottery year after year and they never got better. Yes they're obviously in the playoffs now