Random Basketball Observations

Your old roommate disagrees. I think. Pretty sure he's diagrammed that play a couple times, once for the Spurs.My Mt Rushmore of live in-game tweeters are @BeckleyMason, @netw3rk, @SebastianPruiti, and @haralabob.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

can't you go five minutes without putting black people down?

Jeff Stotts ‏@RotowireATC Hear me out. Mavs sign Seth Curry, Jason Thompson, & Gerald Green. Then roll out a lineup of Curry, Thompson, Green, Barnes, & Bogut.

have to love JR Smith   J.R. Smith apparently drives a $450,000 armored truck around New York City now    

I know you love information, DJ. It's like your favorite thing ever. But I'm still really kind of super surprised at how much you've taken to Twitter. I mean... I feel like it's almost your go-to site now, and for some reason that seems out of character for you. I'm not sure why. Do you even have a facebook page? I guess I could see you having one where you only have like 20 family members, and you only made it because your mom was badgering you or something. I don't know.

Your old roommate disagrees. I think. Pretty sure he's diagrammed that play a couple times, once for the Spurs.
We've actually had an in-depth discussion about that exact play. Pretty sure he feels the same way I do. It's a short clock play. Especially risky if there's like 6 secs and you don't have any timeouts, bc you're almost guaranteed to get a bad shot from a guy you don't want creating a shot, unless the defense makes a mistake.
I know you love information, DJ. It's like your favorite thing ever. But I'm still really kind of super surprised at how much you've taken to Twitter. I mean... I feel like it's almost your go-to site now, and for some reason that seems out of character for you. I'm not sure why.
Don't know what to tell you; I definitely like it. I feel like I get to read so many more articles than I otherwise would. And there are some really funny people on there.

It just seems to me that the Heat aren't having any fun. Especially Wade, he just seams so off and constantly pissed.I'm not happy about not playing until Sunday, Just gives too much time for them to recover.GO PACERS!

miami loses this series and you have to break this team up, right?you have to trade wade for parts that fit, right?
I think if you can get a good return for Wade, you do it. But they'll be able to hide behind the Bosh injury to keep the team together. I mean, everybody but the big 3 should probably be jettisoned anyway. Except maybe Chalmers.I think the ESPN coverage after this game was a bit much. Miami wins game 4 and they're back to being the favorite to win the series.

The refs in the Lakers game were terrible.Do playoffgames always last until almost 1am? That seems a little late.

The refs in the Lakers game were terrible.Do playoffgames always last until almost 1am? That seems a little late.
Lakers at home down 2-0 in the series means the refs will be cheating for them. If that wasn't the case it would be a surprise.
so the Pacers get two days off while the Lakers play back to back? how does that work?
A lot of that is going to have to do with building availability.So LeBron had a pretty good game eh
A lot of that is going to have to do with building availability.So LeBron had a pretty good game eh
They played their best game of the series, and the Pacers arguably played their dumbest. Three starters being completely ineffective isn't going to cut it. Not to mention Haslem hitting those big shots after he hasn't made a single jumper all freaking year.

Braid your hair pretty lady!Lebron was amazing. That's pretty much why I get so frustrated with the way he plays sometimes; he's capable of that. Maybe that's not fair, but I was more suprised by Wade's 30 pt game than Lebron's 40/18/9. Do the Heat need that from both of them to win the series? That would be a lot to ask for, but hard to imagine the Pacers winning two out of four (or three) games in Miami too.I don't know why people think Boston would be a problem for Miami.I heard someone say that during this winning streak by the Spurs, that was just the 4th game that was single digits. They are just rolling. I cannot wait for this SAS/OKC series.

Lakers at home down 2-0 in the series means the refs will be cheating for them. If that wasn't the case it would be a surprise.
Earlier, everybody: "The league wants a Heat-Thunder finals!"After game 3, same people: "The league wants the Lakers to win!"I don't buy the conspiracy theories. I do recognize there are some bad refs out there.

I don't doubt Lebron to put up those numbers again, but I do doubt Hibbert and West being completely ineffective again. That said, it's completely plausible for Danny Granger to go silent. Vogel needs to stop playing Barbosa and give minutes to Dahntay Jones. Paul George, while the best on ball defender in the league, is average, at best playing off the ball, and that's really where the Heat Killed and will probably keep killing the Pacers in this series. Wide open layups for Wade and Lebron.

Probably depends on when you start counting. The 2001 Lakers have the best run since they expanded to 16 teams. Only loss was game 1 to the Sixers (in the Finals). Since the first round was only best of 5 at the time, that means they went 15-1.The '83 Sixers lost only one game (in the Eastern Conference Finals) to go 12-1 because they had a bye in the first round.The '89 Lakers went 11-0 in the Western Conference, but then got swept by the Pistons in the Finals.

I wonder where Stan Van is going to land. Seems like a lot of basketball people want him to coach the Clippers, but I don't think Sterling pays for coaches. Personally, I'd like to see him go to the Lakers, but I don't think Mike Brown will be fired this year.Are there any good teams with coaches on the hot seat? Spoelstra is probably in danger, but I don't see Stan going back to Miami. If OKC has a bad ending to their season, Brooks might go. That's pretty much it, right? Portland could have two lottery picks to build around an all-star and they've got an opening. But they don't even have a GM yet. Maybe he'll wait a year. Can he join his brother in the booth? How great would that announcing team be?