Random Basketball Observations

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

can't you go five minutes without putting black people down?

Jeff Stotts ‏@RotowireATC Hear me out. Mavs sign Seth Curry, Jason Thompson, & Gerald Green. Then roll out a lineup of Curry, Thompson, Green, Barnes, & Bogut.

have to love JR Smith   J.R. Smith apparently drives a $450,000 armored truck around New York City now    

Did anyone see the end of the Heat game?As he was walking to the locker room, Lebron stopped, and gave his shoes to someone in the front row. It was some kid in a Wade jersey.Not sure if he knew the kid, or if it's something he does often.

Did anyone see the end of the Heat game?As he was walking to the locker room, Lebron stopped, and gave his shoes to someone in the front row. It was some kid in a Wade jersey.Not sure if he knew the kid, or if it's something he does often.
making it about him during wade's big moment. what a piece of scum.

I was watching an episode of Open Court, and Kenny Smith suggested something I thought was interesting.He said he would like to eliminate East and West during the playoffs, and just go with the top 16 teams. Then you could end up with a Miami/Chicago finals or Lakers/Dallas.The one negative that someone mentioned is it would be tough on players because there would be so much traveling back and forth.Thoughts?

I was watching an episode of Open Court, and Kenny Smith suggested something I thought was interesting.He said he would like to eliminate East and West during the playoffs, and just go with the top 16 teams. Then you could end up with a Miami/Chicago finals or Lakers/Dallas.The one negative that someone mentioned is it would be tough on players because there would be so much traveling back and forth.Thoughts?
I like it.
ain't broke, don't fix it. The battle for the 8 seed in the West is one of my favorite annual regular season traditions.
How would that change in this scenario? You could keep everything the same and just reorder them based on overallseed, after the 8th seed in the West makes it in.
How would that change in this scenario? You could keep everything the same and just reorder them based on overallseed, after the 8th seed in the West makes it in.
Because in that scenario the 9th and 10th seeds would qualify for the postseason which renders the suspense moot. I seriously had to explain that? The end of the regular season in the west is relevant and compelling bc two good teams usually are left home.
more importantly the travel schedule both in the regular season and post season would make this a bad idea.
Also the start times for local TV.Western teams don't want a lot of 4PM road games and Eastern teams don't want 10:30 PM road games.

The only thing that might alleviate the travel schedule is:A. With the exception of the finals, maybe go with a 3-3-1 format.B. Give the higher ranked team home court throughout the series.

Because in that scenario the 9th and 10th seeds would qualify for the postseason which renders the suspense moot. I seriously had to explain that? The end of the regular season in the west is relevant and compelling bc two good teams usually are left home.
You did not understand what I wrote.