Random Basketball Observations

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

can't you go five minutes without putting black people down?

Jeff Stotts ‏@RotowireATC Hear me out. Mavs sign Seth Curry, Jason Thompson, & Gerald Green. Then roll out a lineup of Curry, Thompson, Green, Barnes, & Bogut.

have to love JR Smith   J.R. Smith apparently drives a $450,000 armored truck around New York City now    

OMGOMGOMG@WojYahooNBA Adrian WojnarowskiThe Hornets have started to inform teams that they're sending Chris Paul to the Lakers for Bynum and Odom, league sources tell Y! Sports.This trade would need to include another player from New Orleans. The talk had been Okafor.I would love that deal.

@WojYahooNBA Adrian WojnarowskiHornets working to finalize details on 3-team deal to send Chris Paul to Lakers, Gasol to Rockets and Odom, KMart, Scola to NO, sources say.So no Okafor?I need to get off the internet until this is final.

Only way they get Howard is another three team trade. At least CP3 didn't go to Boston.Barrier to the heat is a great move for Miami but the lakers win the offseason.

This is going to be a very exciting year. Just wish it wasn't shortened.So as a Magic fan, I really don't want to see Howard go, but it's business. Just hope the Magic get something positive out of it.

and now there are reports that the deal is on hold because nba owners went insane and are telling stern to kill the deal. talk about ridiculous.
Well the league owns The Hornets which kind of throws a curve ball into things so those nba owners also in a sense own The Hornets too.
Well the league owns The Hornets which kind of throws a curve ball into things so those nba owners also in a sense own The Hornets too.
cause i'm sure they are voting against it for the right reasons. as if this is anyhting but sour grapes by the other owners. the hornets got a pretty nice haul of talent there and avodied a huge drama fest all year. this is grade a bullshit.

I hate the Lakers but this is nuts. They paid full value! It's a very fair deal, as good as hornets could do.If the NBA blocked Bynum and crap for Howard I'd get that but this is awful. They just vetoed as fair a trade as I've seen.

The owners can't veto without giving a reason. This isn't fantasy.
"basketball reasons"Remember when David Stern was considered one of the best commissioners ever? Yikes.
What does that mean? If they veto this trade and it holds, then Chris Paul cannot be traded to anyone until the team is sold. So how is that fair to the Hornets who could get nothing in return when he leaves?
You're right on all counts. Don't shoot the messenger, you asked what the stated reason was. I think this is the dumbest thing the NBA has EVER done.Of all the Laker trades over the years, this was actually the fairest.No idea how they could take legal action. NBA charter says Stern can block trades I believe "in the best interests of the game" or some bullshit.