Random Basketball Observations

Brv, man, I feel like you just need to back away from this thread.
Whatever, dude. You don't own me. Enjoy your hockey match. Later maybe you could catch some soccer.
  • Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

can't you go five minutes without putting black people down?

Jeff Stotts ‏@RotowireATC Hear me out. Mavs sign Seth Curry, Jason Thompson, & Gerald Green. Then roll out a lineup of Curry, Thompson, Green, Barnes, & Bogut.

have to love JR Smith   J.R. Smith apparently drives a $450,000 armored truck around New York City now    

there's no bulls game tonight because, I swear to god, Oprah had already rented out the united center for her last episode
That was 3 days ago.
hmmmm I'm mistaken then, I thought that's why they had to play on sunday, I thought they moved the games up.
It's why there was 2 days before game 2... but the 3 days before game 3 is probably just greed. Sunday is a better tv day.
It's why there was 2 days before game 2... but the 3 days before game 3 is probably just greed. Sunday is a better tv day.
Well, I maen you could have a game tonight AND sunday.. doesn't have to be either or.
Well, I maen you could have a game tonight AND sunday.. doesn't have to be either or.
Yeah, but they want to stretch the series over 3 full weekends. That's why they do it apparently.
No but Dallas was. 24 FTs for Dirk. Maybe everyone can stop whining about the Mavs not getting calls now.
You can't be serious? Discounting the 2 FT's that Dirk shot for various technicals, he shot a whopping 3 more total FT's than Durant in Game 1. Not only that but OKC shot more total FT's by a decent margin. How could you possibly construe this game as the "Mavs getting calls". In fact while they called ticky tack stuff away from the ball on both ends not one of Dirk's shooting fouls was phantom, you certainly couldn't say the same for Durant in Game 1. Since the Mavs won tonight I won't gripe too much about the officiating in game 3, but safe to say that it was unbalanced to say the least, it's amazing that Westbrook and Harden can get to the FT line for so little while Dirk doesn't shoot one FT outside of a must foul situation for the entire game while enduring more contact. Sometimes people can go overboard about the Mavs being screwed over by the refs, but there is some truth to it, and they certainly haven't come close to that level of "getting calls" like a few teams in the league have.FYI- I'm not a Mavs fan, although I would like to see Dirk get a ring, I just want to see these games officiated somewhat fairly which has not been the case for several games and teams in these playoffs.
Like a Bosh.
I couldn't see the game here in Hong Kong but based on the box score looks like Bosh was hot and that Noah was in foul trouble. Were the fouls on Noah legit or the usual NBA cheating for the Heat fouls :club:
I couldn't see the game here in Hong Kong but based on the box score looks like Bosh was hot and that Noah was in foul trouble. Were the fouls on Noah legit or the usual NBA cheating for the Heat fouls :club:
They were BS. It was don't touch the Heat night, as always. They let Lebron, Wade and Anthony fly around out of control, but don't let Noah or any Bull play physical to get position. And I want to see the Wade falling down/foul advanced stat.
They were BS. It was don't touch the Heat night, as always. They let Lebron, Wade and Anthony fly around out of control, but don't let Noah or any Bull play physical to get position. And I want to see the Wade falling down/foul advanced stat.
lol, even Kurt wasn't complaining. Refs were fine, the above is nonsense. Miami thoroughly outplayed Chicago. They were way more aggressive but only shot 8 more free throws.Plus, Lebron was really superb. 10 assists/zero turnovers. Can't do it much better than that.
Miami needs to figure out how to beat the Bulls 1 game before they beat them in 4. Just sayin.
I guess they figured that out.I think I need to start betting more on Miami. I've been betting them heavily these playoffs, but the money won still isn't easing the sting of it yet.I think Wade gets more calls than Lebron when Lebron deserves more of them. I didn't think the refs were lol-bad last night, but I thought Miami got the benefit of the doubt on most of the close ones.Edit: I think Chicago's bigs are the best in the league at going straight up to contest shots.
I think Wade gets more calls than Lebron when Lebron deserves more of them. I didn't think the refs were lol-bad last night, but I thought Miami got the benefit of the doubt on most of the close ones.Edit: I think Chicago's bigs are the best in the league at going straight up to contest shots.
I definitely agree about Wade and Lebron. Wade really sells the contact and Lebron kinda has that Shaq thing going on where refs call him a little differently because he is so big.That benefit of the doubt is just home court advantage. Bulls shot more FTs in Chicago in Games 1 and 2. That's standard.I agree with the edit if you are talking Noah and Asik. Boozer and Gibson not as much.
lol, even Kurt wasn't complaining. Refs were fine, the above is nonsense. Miami thoroughly outplayed Chicago. They were way more aggressive but only shot 8 more free throws.Plus, Lebron was really superb. 10 assists/zero turnovers. Can't do it much better than that.
I actually didn't watch the game, it's just what I assumed happened.
I actually didn't watch the game, it's just what I assumed happened.
Ha.Speaking of "analysis," from ESPN.com:"Fact or Fiction: Kevin Durant has to play much better for OKC to win.Rob Peterson, Hardwood Paroxysm: Fact: With the exception of scoring 40 points in Game 1, Durant hasn't had a transcendent performance in this series."
I definitely agree about Wade and Lebron. Wade really sells the contact and Lebron kinda has that Shaq thing going on where refs call him a little differently because he is so big.That benefit of the doubt is just home court advantage. Bulls shot more FTs in Chicago in Games 1 and 2. That's standard.I agree with the edit if you are talking Noah and Asik. Boozer and Gibson not as much.
Gibson is ridiculous at defense. Maybe if you're talking strictly about going straight up, because he's usually just blocking the shot, but he's super good at not getting fouls on D.

Isn't it now really apparent that Derrick Rose over LeBron as MVP is a joke? - LeBron's just obviously the best player in the game - whether he's sympathetic or not or whether he had a good story yearIt's like how they'd give the MVP to someone not Jordan and then look stupid after the playoffs

Gibson is ridiculous at defense. Maybe if you're talking strictly about going straight up, because he's usually just blocking the shot, but he's super good at not getting fouls on D.
I meant he is a shot-blocker/charge-taker. Gibson never goes straight up because he is trying to block the shot.Everyone on the Bulls plays great D except Boozer, Korver, and Rose (though Rose gets better every year).Keith,I agree Lebron > Rose and that Rose should not have won MVP. But after the playoffs so far, it seems to me Dirk should have won. I don't think Lebron should win MVP for a season where he was so awful in the clutch. And I am glad he got all that unclutchness out in the regular season.