Random Basketball Observations

I wonder how Phil Jackson feels about living in Miami
Unless they blow this series to Boston, Spoelstra is not going anywhere.His offensive strategies are suspect and his rotations are stubborn and strange....but, man, can he teach defense. Miami won that game by completely destroying Boston's offense over the last 17 minutes of the game.
  • Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

can't you go five minutes without putting black people down?

Jeff Stotts ‏@RotowireATC Hear me out. Mavs sign Seth Curry, Jason Thompson, & Gerald Green. Then roll out a lineup of Curry, Thompson, Green, Barnes, & Bogut.

have to love JR Smith   J.R. Smith apparently drives a $450,000 armored truck around New York City now    

Hollins has no idea what he's doing at the end of games.
the first foul out was understandable i guess but mayo using his 6th right after didn't seem smart

I am shocked that Miami ended up winning that game. They were getting beat up pretty bad in regulation. Once it hit OT I knew they would win though.

I'm beginning to hate OKC's late game offense.
That could just be Memphis's defense. They have two fantastic perimeter defenders who can really take you out of what you want to do through pressure and ball denial.
Good stuff. I disagree with his Durant Standing Around analysis though. Durant's man isn't going to leave him, so by standing out there he's giving Westbrook space. And the plays where he shows Durant cutting have him starting at a different place on the court. I do agree that he kind of sucks at using screens.

It took me a minute to figure out that the Miami fans were chanting 'Let's Go Heat!' and not 'S.O.B.!' I think it was right after a hard foul by Boston, which is maybe why I was confused. Anyway, I'm holding out for a miracle here. Not that winning tonight would be a miracle (although it isn't looking easy), but I'm talking about winning the whole series.Also yeah, D-Wade is playing ridiculous.

Too bad nobody but D-Wade and Lebron showed up. Joel Anthony needs to avoid that fifth foul because Juwan Howard is not the answer.

I hate both The Celtics and Miami so I was hoping whenever the series would be over that the winning team wouldn't be at home so that the fans in the arena would be pissed off.

I hate both The Celtics and Miami so I was hoping whenever the series would be over that the winning team wouldn't be at home so that the fans in the arena would be pissed off.
sucks.
Even if I grew up a Heat fan, I wouldnt be able to root for this team. They make me feel embarrassed and a little sick that I like sports.
I went to their first game when I was 6 to watch Rony Seikaly and Rory Sparrow. I just have no idea what your problem is besides sorrow over the Lakers getting swept. Miami played great and came through in the clutch. The big 3 have all been extremely complimentary of Boston and trying to win with class. They are finally starting to play together and they try very hard and play great defense. And they have two of the most exciting players in the world! What's not to like if you root for the Heat?!?I'm a little embarrassed for you that you feel this way. I understand why non-Heat fans don't like them but I can't think of one reason a Heat fan would not enjoy rooting for a great team that tries hard on both ends of the floor.
Even if I grew up a Heat fan, I wouldnt be able to root for this team. They make me feel embarrassed and a little sick that I like sports.
You sound like a Laker's fan. Were you also pissed when Shaq joined Kobe?
He also found a way to cope with LA having a payroll 20 million higher than Miami because they have accumulated so many all-stars and former all-stars over the years.In a league with a salary cap, how you build your team is of zero consequence. Of course, Poppy might just not like Lebron and Bosh and that is his problem. That's just hating.
Do you think that's even remotely similiar?
He also found a way to cope with LA having a payroll 20 million higher than Miami because they have accumulated so many all-stars and former all-stars over the years.In a league with a salary cap, how you build your team is of zero consequence. Of course, Poppy might just not like Lebron and Bosh and that is his problem. That's just hating.
I'm sorry they have $50MM in salary paid to players that were drafted by them. That's how you have a high payroll, you draft and develop players your own players, and the league allows you to give them contract extensions even if it puts you over the cap. In case you weren't aware Miami couldn't have a higher salary due to the fact they stripped their roster down to one player so they could accommodate a trio of superstars that conspired against the league over the last two years to join forces in whichever city made it possible for them to do so. That's awesome. They're modern day pioneers. We should open up a stadium when there are no games, and cheer and praise them for everything they have done and will continue to do for not six, not seven, not eight, not nine, but ten years.How many times are they going to win the championship in one season?
Do you think that's even remotely similiar?
Obviously yes. You are blinded by bias.2011 Miami Heat, top three scorers: 70.9/ game2001 LA Lakers, top three scorers: 68.6/ game2011 Miami Heat, top four scorers: 78.9/ game2001 LA Lakers, top four scorers: 78.2/ game
Obviously yes. You are blinded by bias.2011 Miami Heat, top three scorers: 70.9/ game2001 LA Lakers, top three scorers: 68.6/ game2011 Miami Heat, top four scorers: 78.9/ game2001 LA Lakers, top four scorers: 78.2/ game
That has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.