Random Basketball Observations

Get used to seeing players get thrown out of games. The refs have been told to give players Techs for the smallest little thing. It's going to be stupid.
It's going to be really bad late in the season when it's the difference of making or missing playoffs and games determining seeding. I can see the Lakers missing Kobe+Artest vs. Celtics missing KG, Perkins from too many "silly techs".It's competitive sport...players are going to get emotional. Stupid indeed.
  • Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

can't you go five minutes without putting black people down?

Jeff Stotts ‏@RotowireATC Hear me out. Mavs sign Seth Curry, Jason Thompson, & Gerald Green. Then roll out a lineup of Curry, Thompson, Green, Barnes, & Bogut.

have to love JR Smith   J.R. Smith apparently drives a $450,000 armored truck around New York City now    

I don't care about the NBA dunk contest and the first couple dunks here are pretty meh, but then even I was impressed by the one-upmanship (?) that started happening.
Wow I was impressed with all these dunks.

Let's do this right (rankings taken from Simmons' last trade value column):oneonone.pngI think Dirk would be a good sleeper pick here.I like Roy over Rose in round two, if Rose can get past Wallace. I think the other upset pick is Josh Smith over Bosh.I'm not sure how the small vs big matchups would play out. You'd think the big guy could just back in the little guy, but I think it would be hard for the big to handle the ball with a little always swiping at it. I think Howard beats Rondo in a 2nd round matchup because Howard can play off him and still contest pretty much everything, but I don't know how well Howard goes from the top of the key to the paint dribbling around Rondo. I think Durant wins it all.

I can't believe you just made me click on a link to a Rick Reilly column.I think a healthy Kobe wins, but I wouldn't be confident betting on that. Does Durant get winner?
i sort of hate reilly too he was ok back in the day but he's become an eternal drag

Hey Skeleton Jelly, remember when I said I thought the NBA was not foolish enough to have another lockout?Well, I am dumb.http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5711172Stern is basically guaranteeing a lockout with a crazy demand like that. Also, I dont believe for a second that NBA owners are losing that much since the salary cap went UP this offseason.

Hey Skeleton Jelly, remember when I said I thought the NBA was not foolish enough to have another lockout?Well, I am dumb.http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5711172Stern is basically guaranteeing a lockout with a crazy demand like that. Also, I dont believe for a second that NBA owners are losing that much since the salary cap went UP this offseason.
"...the league has revealed it is seeking a reduction in player salary costs by about one-third."Wow.This probably helps Denver. Carmelo will be more inclined to sign an extension now.
"...the league has revealed it is seeking a reduction in player salary costs by about one-third."Wow.This probably helps Denver. Carmelo will be more inclined to sign an extension now.
If I was Melo, I would already be on the phone. 'Sorry Nuggets GM, I was just messing around, 3 years--65 million right? I got a pen.'

The Raptors played The Knicks last night in Montreal. It was a total sellout with over 22,000 people there and the fans were having a great time loudly cheering, doing the wave etc. I'm not sure how expensive the tickets were but that kind of turnout for a pre-season game is great.

ok i'm way more excited about tues night Heat Celtics than I should be I think Lebron is pissed and going to put on a show
I'm excited too; is there a way for them to both lose?There are a lot of elements at play that make me want to root against the Heat, but as a basketball fan, I want Lebron/Wade to be awesome.I also want to see the Celtics get their asses kicked at all times. But both Simmons and LeBatard have been a little insufferable on both ends of the spectrum with the way they talk about the Heat.
I'm excited too; is there a way for them to both lose?There are a lot of elements at play that make me want to root against the Heat, but as a basketball fan, I want Lebron/Wade to be awesome.I also want to see the Celtics get their asses kicked at all times. But both Simmons and LeBatard have been a little insufferable on both ends of the spectrum with the way they talk about the Heat.
I actually feel like Simmons has been considerably fairer to both Lebron and the Heat recently----see his most recent mailbag for some evidence.I assume the Heat will start slowly and look better and better as the season goes on. It does amuse me to hear that there are worries the Heat will be able to handle the O'Neals. Both of them ****ing suck now....much more worried about Kendrick Perkins when he gets healthy.Eagerly awaiting Friday night....just got my tickets in the mail.

The Suns were on fire in the 3rd quarter and yet still lost by 14 thanks to a 16-1 closing run by the Blazers. I don't want to knee-jerk too much, but I don't see how this Suns team makes the playoffs.Funny paragraph from one of the game articles:

Hedo Turkoglu is the human equivalent of sagging your pants to a completely unnecessary degree solely to embarrass your parents in public. Take your jeans, move them down so they expose areas that should never see the light of day, parade around at your local indoor mall while shopping with your family, and take a snapshot of their reaction. That's the Suns team photo every time Hedo forgets that he shouldn't go into a coma while his man is cutting to the basket. "Look, man, we get that lazy is your thing, that it's cool to slack off, it's hip to be chill. We're not trying to change your behavior or your look or anything. Be who you are. But just know that this cold stare, from me to you, means that I think you're an embarrassment. It means I wish we didn't share a jersey. It means I'm going to play so hard to cover up for you that I earn enough cachet so that I can demand a trade as far away from you as possible. Now, please, pull up your pants. You're embarrassing your mother."

I remember being very unimpressed with Griffin in college, but he seems like the real deal in the NBA.
did you not see him very often? living in big 12 country afforded me a front row seat to his game. He was incredible in college. 22 and 14 a game.