Random Basketball Observations

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

can't you go five minutes without putting black people down?

Jeff Stotts ‏@RotowireATC Hear me out. Mavs sign Seth Curry, Jason Thompson, & Gerald Green. Then roll out a lineup of Curry, Thompson, Green, Barnes, & Bogut.

have to love JR Smith   J.R. Smith apparently drives a $450,000 armored truck around New York City now    

Beasley/Heat Watch:Beasley goes for 15 last night against the Wiz but needs 19 shots to get there. Still seems to be struggling to find his place on the team. But his attitude has been really good.Wade drops 41, though, and the Heat move to 6-1. I know they will regress to the mean eventually but it is nice to have a hot start. Chalmers looks like he made a jump over the offseason which is fantastic.

Beasley/Heat Watch:Beasley goes for 15 last night against the Wiz but needs 19 shots to get there. Still seems to be struggling to find his place on the team. But his attitude has been really good.Wade drops 41, though, and the Heat move to 6-1. I know they will regress to the mean eventually but it is nice to have a hot start. Chalmers looks like he made a jump over the offseason which is fantastic.
Vegas is loving the Heat right now... thankfully, ive thought they are underrated still this year.... have won me a few units

Steve Kerr said he would trade his career for Steve Nash's career.Steve Nash: two-time MVP, great individual stats, some postseason success, but no championships.Steve Kerr: key role player, five rings including famous series winning shot off a pass from MJ.Which career would you take? I would probably lean towards Nash if it wasn't for that one shot, but I still think it's close.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/stor...ronMiami-091112Please, oh please, please......make it so.
Marc Stein talked about this scenario as well.Heard it from someone plugged into the Team USA scene this week. From a prominent player agent. From an Eastern Conference team official, too.Move Miami up your list.That's the advice I'm getting more and more. No doctorate required to understand the thinking, either: Miami's combination of Dwyane Wade, Pat Riley, sufficient cap space to sign one max player and the bonus attraction of South Beach adds up to an offer LeBron might not be able to refuse.Did we mention D-Wade?The long-held assumption around the league called for Riley -- forever married to the idea that you win nothing without a dominant big man -- to try to sign Bosh away from Toronto to partner with D-Wade, helped along by the fact that Bosh and Wade are both represented by Chicago-based agent Henry Thomas. Yet one source close to the situation told ESPN.com on Thursday night that the theory is outdated. The source is further convinced that Bosh isn't even looking at Miami and that Riley is definitely dreaming of a Wade-and-LeBron combo. Michael Beasley might be the only other NBA-worthy starter besides Wade on the Heat's roster come July -- and Beasley obviously still has plenty to prove -- but surely James will be tempted. Think about it.Let's not overstate the chance to work with Riley or the South Beach factor but instead focus solely on the opportunity to hook up with his fellow 2003 draftee and form what might be the most dynamic perimeter tag team of all-time. At worst? LeBron and Wade could sure put a modern/scary/spectacular spin on the Jordan-and-Scottie Pippen concept.I'm starting to get the vibe that the Cavs know it, too.I also heard that Wade stays at Lebron's house when they go to Cleveland, so it seems like these guys are real friends, not just basketball friends.If that were to happen, how many games do the Heat get on national television? 50?

Assuming that D Wade stays in Miami there is no question that the Heat are the most attractive of the teams that will have cap space to sign a max free agent.I'm going to comment about Bosh in the Raptors thread since there has been a bunch of talk over there about it.

Assuming that D Wade stays in Miami there is no question that the Heat are the most attractive of the teams that will have cap space to sign a max free agent.I'm going to comment about Bosh in the Raptors thread since there has been a bunch of talk over there about it.
If the cap shrinks this offseason (as most predict it will), then the Heat will be the ONLY team that can sign two max guys. Obviously, the priority is Wade....but with that situation they should at least be able to get one other big time guy. Lebron seems like a stretch but Bosh or Joe Johnson make sense (though I know Riley would rather get a big guy). I know Miami has looked at Boozer a lot but he is too oft injured for my tastes.Man between this and the 6-1 start I am feeling good about the Heat.
better dunk last night...dwade over little orphan annie, or this shannon brown throw downhttp://www.slamonline.com/online/media/sla...rown-lifts-off/
D-Wade, ainec.He makes Varejao fall down and somersault feet over head into the basket support. Even Lebron says it might be a top 10 all time dunk.
D-Wade, ainec.He makes Varejao fall down and somersault feet over head into the basket support. Even Lebron says it might be a top 10 all time dunk.
Definitely.Dunks over someone are always better than breakaway dunks.You want to improve the slam dunk contest? Make it a combo dunk/block contest. Get the best shot-blockers in the game to stand under the basket and just have guys try to dunk over them. I'd rather see that then most of the nonsense that's been going on lately.

as per the steve nash vs steve kerr questionrings mean nothing if you are the 8th best player on the team - you really think Charles Barkley would rather have been Luke Walton?a more interesting comparison would be say Michael Redd vs Robert Horry - where Redd is the better player but Horry has a ton of rings and big shots

grizzlies waive iverson
Man AI's fall was swift. But AI, more than most guards, relied almost completely on his physical gifts, his speed, quickness, explosiveness. He was never a great shooter, and he's so small that he can't evolve his game like a bigger guard like MJ or Kobe can, into a physical post up game. Basically, once his speed and physical advantage eroded, he was done. It makes me sad, at his peak he was as exciting of a player to watch as I've ever seen. That 2000-01 playoff run was as impressive of a feat as I've ever seen in sports, his team was wretched, and he carried them on his small back.

Is Jamal Crawford still on that team? Definitely should get AI, Crawford, Marbury and see if maybe Larry Hughes is available, then work a trade for Ben Gordon... The world might implode.