Random Basketball Observations

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

can't you go five minutes without putting black people down?

Jeff Stotts ‏@RotowireATC Hear me out. Mavs sign Seth Curry, Jason Thompson, & Gerald Green. Then roll out a lineup of Curry, Thompson, Green, Barnes, & Bogut.

have to love JR Smith   J.R. Smith apparently drives a $450,000 armored truck around New York City now    

I am also going to call Shaq "Shaqatross" all season, because he's an albatross hanging around lebron's neck.
The trade itself wasn't a bad one. Ben Wallace, Sasha Pavlovic along with a second-round pick in the 2010 draft and $500,000 in cash for Shaq and they don't have any obligations to him beyond this year.The problem is that the Cavs front court is just so damn slow. If you have Shaq you have to do something else to get some better fits to complement him and LeBron. I think they're going to have to move Ilgauskas and his expiring contract if they want to have any chance this year.Now I'm not saying that Shaq and LeBron are going to be a great fit either together and you can't really be sure what Shaq is going to give you over a complete season.
I just listened to an interview Lebetard had with Pat Riley yesterday who seems to be implying they are going to be trying to sign Lebron next season too saying they are the only team with room to sign 2 max contract players (not sure how accurate that is).
http://hoopshype.com/salaries/miami.htmMiami has the big contracts of O'Neal, Richardson and Haslem coming off the books after this season so they for sure will have the cap space to take on a max contract free agent. I think the second one they are referring to would be them resigning Wade.
Thanks for the link.I think anybody who has read any of my posts knows that I think NBA refs cheat so it wouldn't surprise me if everything in that book is true. It also wouldn't surprise me if a bunch of it is made up and twisted by a scumbag.
It would be so easy for them to cheat too... The over/under on games would be very simple to beat in my opinion... Think about it... the refs have the power to slow the game down, speed it up. they can control overtime in certain situations.Imagine the player props that they could do.... LeBron over 29.5 tonight? guess who goes to the line 14 times, and has only 2 fouls against for the game... With all the offshore accounts... litterally dozens that they could have.... they could be laying 100k on one game easy.
I just listened to an interview Lebetard had with Pat Riley yesterday who seems to be implying they are going to be trying to sign Lebron next season too saying they are the only team with room to sign 2 max contract players (not sure how accurate that is).
Assuming the salary cap contracts a little bit, Miami will be the only team with the ability to sign 2 max guys. Lebron? That seems like a fantasy. Wade and Bosh seems very likely however.Beasley watch: 12 and 9 against the Pacers in another easy win. So far so good. He even got to the line a little bit last night.

Wasn't there something about Lebron going to New Jersey also so he could play for Jay-Z? Would work, New Jersey doesn't have anyone.I was looking through the rosters on yahoo, and they have the players salary next to their names. I didn't go through all the teams but lol at Jason Kidd, Jermaine O'Neal, and Iverson getting paid 21 mil this year.

Wasn't there something about Lebron going to New Jersey also so he could play for Jay-Z? Would work, New Jersey doesn't have anyone.
If the Nets get Lebron they will be the favorite in the East. They have some good young players who could follow a leader, including a guy who can score on the block.

Beasley Watch: A rough 3 for 12 shooting night but Haslem comes off the bench to save the day. Heat move to 3-0, Beasley looks like a solid B so far.

Beasley Watch: A rough 3 for 12 shooting night but Haslem comes off the bench to save the day. Heat move to 3-0, Beasley looks like a solid B so far.
I dont want to bash, or rain on any parades... but who gives a shit about beasley?
I dont want to bash, or rain on any parades... but who gives a shit about beasley?
I think anything could happen with him and his career right now so I am tracking it. The title of this thread says random basketball observations. Embrace it.
If the Nets get Lebron they will be the favorite in the East. They have some good young players who could follow a leader, including a guy who can score on the block.
Who would play defense? Brook Lopez? Yi? I don't think they would be better than Orlando or Boston if they had Lebron right now.I like Douglas-Roberts though.
I think anything could happen with him and his career right now so I am tracking it. The title of this thread says random basketball observations. Embrace it.
ill embrace then :club:
Who would play defense? Brook Lopez? Yi? I don't think they would be better than Orlando or Boston if they had Lebron right now.I like Douglas-Roberts though.
That would be the question, although I would be confident they could be at least an average defensive team, which is pretty much all they would need to be. They would be right there.

Going to Warriors/Memphis game tonight.. should be fun... F*** Mayo

Go Memphis! Hope you have/had a good time!
Was ok.... So much more going on when you are there rather then on TV/sportscenter.... Fun notes.... Smart led most timeout huddles, while Nelson stared at the floor. My buddy and I were upgraded to front row of the upper bowl... he said there were 5 seats left and there were these fine ass Iranian chicks sitting 2 rows back, so we brought them along... Got to see jackson cry after EVERY no call.. and watch Randolph get a cramp in the butt after sitting for too long... watching Gay and Morrow go back and forth was AWESOME.... good to see a win, many more to come....

Starters Min FG 3Pt FT +/- Off Reb Ast TO Stl BS BA PF Pts D. Fisher 34:03 0-5 0-1 0-0 -2 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 2 0 Deriek Fisher's stats from last night vs Houston34 minutes from a guard with zero points, zero assists and zero rebounds. That's pretty hard to do.

Beasley Watch: Beasley is very quiet in a loss to the Suns and a win at the Wiz. In fairness, it was Wade time against the Wiz as he exploded for 40 points in a close win. So far, Beasley seems to be slightly improved on the court and not getting into trouble off it.Heat are 4-1. Like their chances to slip into the playoffs around #6.

I really like the Rockets. I'm sad things haven't worked out with McGrady and Yao, last year was especially promising. Yao should be getting injured a lot because he is such a monster, but McGrady has been a huuuuuge letdown, even when he's healthy.

I really feel sorry for Chris Paul, it's going to be a tough season in New Orleans. They probably have the worst and fastest declining group of wing players in the NBA.James Posey looks horrible. Peja is looking really old. Mo Pete is done like dinner and the worst starting wing player in the NBA and I love him from his Raptor days.