How Much Money Would You Have In Your Bankroll

Just curious, I have been playing .05/.10 nl 6 player max for awhile now but I have been buying in shortstack and leaving that table once I double up.. Pretty much the technique posted in this forum a few days ago. Ive built my bankroll from 10 dollars now to 187 or so. Would you consider this enough of a bankroll to play at these stakes? I seem to end just about every session in the positive. As I mentioned in another post, I have always played live games and I played mostly a 2-60 spread limit type game. I really miss that game and want to go back however I have to rebuild a bankroll. So In the meantime I am trying to build it back up playing the micro stakes NL, but being that I am newer to online play and newer to NL I just wanted to ask what amount is a proper bankroll for micro stakes? I know it probably would be smarter to play limit hold em but I cant stand regular limit holdem. Thanks for any help :club:

I've technically played as short as 2.5 buyins (when I started and was super lucky to not go broke). That said, I am more willing to play on a shorter roll than others. For me, I don't mind playing on 8-12 buyins, though I definitely agree that 20-30 is probably better for most people.

about 20 Buyins is fine so I think you can play with a fullstack now! :club:
Agreed, ~$200 is more than a safe amount for fullstack at 0.5/0.10. and many people would play even less, as CobaltBlue says above

Just an update, did buy in today with a full stack, played about 3.5 hours and now my bankroll is at 252.00 so I definitly had a good couple hours. Going to stay at .05/.10 till I get my BR to 500. then move to .10/.25. Im just trying to be super cautious..

Just an update, did buy in today with a full stack, played about 3.5 hours and now my bankroll is at 252.00 so I definitly had a good couple hours. Going to stay at .05/.10 till I get my BR to 500. then move to .10/.25. Im just trying to be super cautious..
you went from 187 to 252 in 3.5 hours on just one table??btw good call to wait until 500 to move up stakes - bankroll management is the nuts.
That would mean buying in for $10 at 10NL and running it up to $70 in 3.5 hours on one table. I don't think God himself could even run that good.
I ran $10 to $110 on a 10nl table in ~6 hours maybe 4-5 years ago.
That would mean buying in for $10 at 10NL and running it up to $70 in 3.5 hours on one table. I don't think God himself could even run that good.
lol I've had $80+ at a .05/.10NL table beforewhens the last time you played that low? they are really really bad after all
Well okay, I stand corrected, I only went up about 60 dollars as 10 of that was my bonus from pstars. I do apologize for any misconception. Not to mention I had an unbelievable run of cards and a huge assortment of donks that rotated at the table. I also did win about 36 bucks on a multiway, and took out a maniac with about 20 or so in his stack so really not that impossible. Yes, you are correct, it is unusual, but really if you play very tight aggressive at these limits you can double up a few times pretty easily. I do keep my flop rate around 15% or so and I bet my hands when I have them. I am not new to the game either just newer to online and to no limit. I have played live games for years but It always has been a spread limit game, so im not new to poker, just to online poker. I have found at these limits its pretty lucrative on friday and Saturday nights. :club: You can certainly do well, if you catch the right table.
you went from 187 to 252 in 3.5 hours on just one table??btw good call to wait until 500 to move up stakes - bankroll management is the nuts.
Yes I did, well actually 60, 10 was my bonus from pstars :club:. Yes, I am waiting to get to 500, im not sure if I will stay with online poker either, or cash out when I get to 1000, and go back to my live game. I had to give half my bankroll to my ex and pay off my car in my divorce. So I am starting from scratch..