CAMPAIGN:"We are five days from changing this country...I promise you that I will always listen to you, especially when we disagree".means: I am here, with open arms, to listen/consider/debate both sides of the argumentsNOW:"This bickering has got to stop"means: I am losing this debate badly now (and I never lose you jackasses) so enough. I want what I want, and your ideas suck, so shut the fuck up already.Feel free to post any and all Obama quotes/broken promises.The problem with this guy is that, in 9 months since being elected, he has already given more speeches and/or been on TV more than any other president has during their entire 4 years term. When is the campaigning going to stop? Where is the genius? the brilliance? the good times? the change? the transparency?????????????, etc. etc. etc.Joke. You Obama lovers have all been duped. Many of you have to admit....even you never expected this....

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many of you have to admit....even you never expected this....
In a way, you are right. Balloon Guy promised me the conservatives would treat the President with much more respect and class than the left did to Bush. Instead, we got death panels, witch doctors, birthers, assault rifles at presidential appearances, crazy ranting at town halls, hitler comparisons, parents freaking out about the President encouraging their kids to stay in school, Glenn Beck, "You lie!", and a whole host of other paranoid, disgraceful behavior.As has been pointed out here ad nauseum, Obama's domestic policies leave a LOT to be desired. The GOP could easily be winning this debate on the issues. But, for whatever reason, they have chosen to entrench themselves deeper in the loony bin.So, I can either defend Obamanomics (hard to do as he keeps pushing a bad health care platform) or I can join in with a group of insane people or I can sit on the fence with the Blue Dogs and applaud Obama's foreign policy while making it clear I think his health care reform idea is bad. Easy choice.I will agree with one thing.....Obama would be well served to stay off TV for a month. It's enough, now.
In a way, you are right. Balloon Guy promised me the conservatives would treat the President with much more respect and class than the left did to Bush. Instead, we got death panels, witch doctors, birthers, assault rifles at presidential appearances, crazy ranting at town halls, hitler comparisons, parents freaking out about the President encouraging their kids to stay in school, Glenn Beck, "You lie!", and a whole host of other paranoid, disgraceful behavior.As has been pointed out here ad nauseum, Obama's domestic policies leave a LOT to be desired. The GOP could easily be winning this debate on the issues. But, for whatever reason, they have chosen to entrench themselves deeper in the loony bin.So, I can either defend Obamanomics (hard to do as he keeps pushing a bad health care platform) or I can join in with a group of insane people or I can sit on the fence with the Blue Dogs and applaud Obama's foreign policy while making it clear I think his health care reform idea is bad. Easy choice.I will agree with one thing.....Obama would be well served to stay off TV for a month. It's enough, now.
Well, we are not all nuts and loonies, lol. Like any protests/protesters, the stuff the TV folks pick to show are often the extreme examples of people making asses of themselves. My take is many of those folks have never spoken out before and have no idea how to best express themselves. They feel they have no voice now, want to be heard, let their emotions get the better of them and end up making a scene they never intended. They are pissed and frustrated and have no idea what is coming or how bad it might get, etc. Some are scared and are clearly overreacting and this is not helping their concerns obviously. And then they are being taken advantage of and their outbursts spun to paint them as radical redneck idiots (and therefore all anti Obama protesters must be redneck idiots too, yes? lmao). I get the frustration. Obama is not just another president. Most fence sitters thought he was truly an open armed guy who would be honest and fair to all. I mean that's what he said he would do. And after Bush this all seemed like a welcome sigh of relief and everyone wanted that. Change and efforts to fix broken programs were and are needed, and most do agree with this concept, even now. Hell I wanted that!, who wouldn't?!But in reality (sad to admit) it appears as if the talk radio folks were right about him. He is arrogant and indeed does seem like the neo Maxist racial they said he might be, with an agenda so sweeping, if successful, will change this country like never before. Most people just don't want that. They wanted a guy to bring new ideas in to fix America and make it better, not change America so radically and abruptly it becomes less like America and more like some foreign country.He was also supposed to be a man of the people, a guy from outside the Washington beltway, a guy who would not be business as usual. Well guess what?...As far as disrespect goes (or what our Beloved Balloon promised) horse feathers. I could go back and find hundreds of example of the Democrats (in Washington and the general public) crucifying Bush just as badly, if not worse. He deserved it too in many instances. But that's just politics. That's just the way is and neither side can cry about it. They are both equally guilty. But this is what makes America so great. The RIGHT of people to assemble and protest (i.e. Freedom of Speech, something many in this administration want to curtail by the way....silence the opposition... very scary. I thought the Democrats were about diversity, acceptance of others views, tolerance and against censorship in any form????)Not sure where this goes. I was hoping I was wrong about Obama. I wanted to see a reasoned and rational approach and was actually hoping to see some encouraging new ideas. What I see is exactly the opposite. I am afraid of this guy. I do not trust this guy. I am afraid for how badly he could hurt this country and it's economy.
Not sure where this goes. I was hoping I was wrong about Obama. I wanted to see a reasoned and rational approach and was actually hoping to see some encouraging new ideas. What I see is exactly the opposite. I am afraid of this guy. I do not trust this guy. I am afraid for how badly he could hurt this country and it's economy.
Obama has been precisely what a reasonable person should have expected. It was widely reported before the election that he had the most liberal voting record in the senate, was a Union lackey, he was a proponent of Acorn, he was a member of an openly radical church with psycho path pastor, his wife quote as saying she had never been proud of her country…the list is endless. Nutz you are a very informed person…obviously very intelligent and you are surprised by this?? I don’t understand how anyone could be surprised. Trees = Forrest!! The last potential turning point in this country will be the midterm elections. The senate must get a couple of seats back….I don’t care at this point about a majority but under 60 is HUGE!! Just think those dumb asses in Minnesota send a freakin comedian to the Senate and Arlen (magic bullet) Specter changed his party and bam, here we are. If you didn’t see this coming you weren’t being objective. If you truly believe what is happening is good you shouldn’t be an American. The side of your party is not important. What these clowns are doing is attempting to change history. The left can complain about Hitler references, Stalin references and the rest but this guy, his arrogance and what he doing in just 9 months is scary stuff. It is unprecedented and certainly un-American. The people will pay severe price for this…it is going to take at least a generation to repair what this man has done…and what blind voters put him power to do…lucky for us the poor and the middle class will get hit the hardest. It does seem fitting though since they put him in power.
Nutz you are a very informed person…obviously very intelligent and you are surprised by this?? I don’t understand how anyone could be surprised. Trees = Forrest!!
naw, I saw it. I was trying really hard this time to try to see the other side as unbiasedly as possible, tried to keep an open mind (very difficult and failed many times btw), be hopeful, for myself and my friends (many of whom were sure he was the one). I had lost some friends before after elections, didn't want that to happen again.
They wanted a guy to bring new ideas in to fix America and make it better, not change America so radically and abruptly it becomes less like America and more like some foreign country.
I guess I don't get how you can simultaneously criticize him for being exactly the same and at the same time for changing too much. The fact is that you just don't like the changes. I'm pretty sure you didn't vote for him, so this makes sense.

You all can pray that what comes out of the Finance Committee will be a better bill than what went in. It might even be okay. Not great mind you but okay. Max Baucus has gotten an earful from the people of Montana. And if there's one thing he's good at it's keeping the people of Montana happy.

Wait... what?
QFT.... the president that promised to get us out of the middle east has instead given us W on steroids.Same with deficit spending.Same with civil rights violations.It's both humorous and appalling that anyone on the left attempts to defend Obama for all the things they criticized Bush for.
I guess I don't get how you can simultaneously criticize him for being exactly the same and at the same time for changing too much. The fact is that you just don't like the changes. I'm pretty sure you didn't vote for him, so this makes sense.
Well I would admit that I don't like change generally. I'm going to surmise that most folks do not either. But I am not opposed to changes, and eventually accept them and some point, especially ones that enhance something I already like or am familiar with. But I did not want the country slipping deeper into the control of big daddy, the Federal government. I thought (or tried to think) that some of that would have to happen, whatever, they won so they get their turn in the barrel. But the speed and sense of urgency (especially on health care) that this train is moving just seems very politically driven and totally reckless. It also has a sense of anger and desperation, like it's now or never. Why the rush?Lest I be put on trial for poor clarity, the point was that I feel many people definitely wanted things to get better and that anyone would be better than Bush. I do not how ever believe that many knew what having Obama running things would really mean and/or to the extent that he is trying to take things. And no, I did not vote for him, but once he got elected I honestly tried to be objective, while knowing his mindset and beliefs are 180-degrees to mine.
QFT.... the president that promised to get us out of the middle east has instead given us W on steroids.
He promised no such thing. He said he would pull troops out of Iraq, and step up the effort in Afghanistan. Which is exactly what he did.
But the speed and sense of urgency (especially on health care) that this train is moving just seems very politically driven and totally reckless. It also has a sense of anger and desperation, like it's now or never. Why the rush?
My take is that its such a difficult issue to get legislation passed on (how many administrations have tried this now?) that the feeling is if it doesn't happen when it is this close it will never happen. I think that's where the sense of urgency comes from. And as for being politically driven, well, we are talking about politics right?
Lest I be put on trial for poor clarity, the point was that I feel many people definitely wanted things to get better and that anyone would be better than Bush. I do not how ever believe that many knew what having Obama running things would really mean and/or to the extent that he is trying to take things.
I think you overestimate the displeasure of the American public with the Obama administration, ( partly from spending time in this snake pit? ). More than half approve of his job (only 41% disapprove) in the latest Gallup poll. The populace is evenly divided on the health care issue: 58_cqq_qykyfwjoc1r743q.gif So I don't think there is some backlash against Obama from his original supporters. I think those who originally didn't like him just feel stronger now.
Instead, we got death panels, witch doctors, birthers, assault rifles at presidential appearances, crazy ranting at town halls, hitler comparisons, parents freaking out about the President encouraging their kids to stay in school, Glenn Beck, "You lie!", and a whole host of other paranoid, disgraceful behavior.
This is exactly what you whack jobs did to Bush - pot meet kettleENJOY - it won't stop... Thank you for waking a sleeping countryRepeat after me YES WE CAN YES WE CAN
This is exactly what you whack jobs did to Bush - pot meet kettleENJOY - it won't stop... Thank you for waking a sleeping countryRepeat after me YES WE CAN YES WE CAN
I think Cain was referring to the claim by BG that the Republicans would behave with more class than the Democrats did. Surprise surprise, they haven't. I think both of them were more than a bit naive to think that it would be otherwise.
It was widely reported before the election that he had the most liberal voting record in the senate, was a Union lackey, he was a proponent of Acorn, he was a member of an openly radical church with psycho path pastor, his wife quote as saying she had never been proud of her country…the list is endless.
A few points:- Characterizing ACORN as an 'evil' or 'bad' organization is ridiculous. - Characterizing Obama's church as "radical" is simply false.- Characterizing that church's pastor as "psychopathic" is ridiculous, and false. The stuff about how anybody who supports his policies is un-American, and how what he's doing is really huge and scary and is gonna make our country the next USSR - I don't really know how to address it except to say that you're paranoid. I mean, he really isn't re-writing the Constitution. Is it the health care which you guys are all up in arms about, or is it something else, or is it a combination?
A few points:- Characterizing ACORN as an 'evil' or 'bad' organization is ridiculous. - Characterizing Obama's church as "radical" is simply false.- Characterizing that church's pastor as "psychopathic" is ridiculous, and false.
Is this post a joke?
Is this post a joke?
Not even a little bit. The idea that Obama went to a radical church and that his pastor is offensive and belligerent is quite simply false. And ACORN is a community organization which does things like get books for schools. That there was an embezzlement scandal or whatever is irrelevant to the goal of the organization. Saying "Acorn!" as an insult towards Obama is just meaningless.
Not even a little bit. The idea that Obama went to a radical church and that his pastor is offensive and belligerent is quite simply false. And ACORN is a community organization which does things like get books for schools. That there was an embezzlement scandal or whatever is irrelevant to the goal of the organization. Saying "Acorn!" as an insult towards Obama is just meaningless.
You're incorrect (about the bolded part)... but I still love you.
A few points:- Characterizing ACORN as an 'evil' or 'bad' organization is ridiculous. - Characterizing Obama's church as "radical" is simply false.- Characterizing that church's pastor as "psychopathic" is ridiculous, and false. I have to assume you are kidding about the above comments...good one you had me thinking there!!The stuff about how anybody who supports his policies is un-American, and how what he's doing is really huge and scary and is gonna make our country the next USSR - I don't really know how to address it except to say that you're paranoid. I mean, he really isn't re-writing the Constitution. Is it the health care which you guys are all up in arms about, or is it something else, or is it a combination?
One thing I am not is paranoid, it is 625 here in the East I have not had a coffee yet and that made me laugh...that doesn't happen very often.In 9 months he has spent countless $$ on bailouts, stimulus that is and will continue to be watsed and not needed, taken over countless banks, taken over auto companies and now he wants to take over health care....our country used to be a freedom based and capitalist free enterprise system. If you don't find what he is doing huge, scary and un-American then you just refuse to see the obvious.
In 9 months he has spent countless $$ on bailouts, stimulus that is and will continue to be watsed and not needed, taken over countless banks, taken over auto companies and now he wants to take over health care....our country used to be a freedom based and capitalist free enterprise system. If you don't find what he is doing huge, scary and un-American then you just refuse to see the obvious.
one should note that the bailouts and much of the interest-free loans were done on Bush's watch, and it was obviously the right move. "taken over countless banks" ... I think you mean "allowed the FDIC to follow its official policy, in force since the great depression?"
one should note that the bailouts and much of the interest-free loans were done on Bush's watch, and it was obviously the right move. "taken over countless banks" ... I think you mean "allowed the FDIC to follow its official policy, in force since the great depression?"
Bush started it, which was stupid...then BHO put it on steriods. The bills are going to have to be paid at some point. I have read that every American owes between 30k and 60k as of now...i guess it depends how much we really end up spending. I have faith in our government, both sides, that we will err to spending more not less. Where is going to come from? Ah yes i know, we will tax the rich...got it. People will then continue to lose jobs, not get raises, have reductions in benefits assuming they get them at all. Did you ever notice that when you raise taxes and gross sales go down the governement actually collects less money...no you never noticed that did you? You in good company the Democrats in Washington are still trying to figure that out as well.
They did? Democratic congress people heckled him during his speeches? Made homemade signs? Waved pieces of paper at him? Democratic protesters brought assault rifles to presidential appearances? Accused Bush of not being a citizen? The lack of decorum from conservative activists and conservative politicians has been disgusting and has gone beyond anything Bush experienced over 8 full years in 9 months.There is a huge gulf between "Bush is an idiot and should not be in charge of anything" and "Obama is Kenyan and he wants to destroy America and kill your grandmother."
There is a huge gulf between "Bush is an idiot and should not be in charge of anything" and "Obama is Kenyan and he wants to destroy America and kill your grandmother."
Maybe there is some truth to both....just sayin.