Kanye was here in concert a few years back. It was part of a big music festival and had artists like Tool, Snoop Dogg, Bad Religion, Social D, Wu Tang and quite a few others. We were stoked to go see every band and they were all great EXCEPT Kanye West. He started his set and within 3 minutes he stops the show to start yelling at the light crews. Apparently it wasn't 100% how he wanted it. Then he starts up again and we are like "OK that was weird but let's give him a chance" not 2 minutes later he stops the show again because of lighting issues and is just berating them all. So finally all this is resolved and we left a little later because as it turns out he sucks in concert.... IMO of course.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but I mean... who gives a shit. It's a musican who did a selfish thing at a completely phony and self congratulatory awards show. I thought it was kinda funny, and that's about it. GTFO with all this stealing the girl's moment garbage. He didn't rape her or something, the girl will be fine. The only thing I really care about Kanye is the beats he makes, which are stellar. Other than that, this kind of childish behavior can only amuse me. It would be different if I, or any of us, had to deal with him in our real, day to day life, and put up with his narcissism. But we don't, so who cares.
Well actually there are plenty of teeny boppers that love Taylor Swift and they do care that she was upstaged for HER award. Heck, I don't even know Taylor or Kanye and I still think it is a shitty thing to do, staged or not. You can talk about how much it doesn't mean or how much it is just a shameless promotional awards show, but the fact is that someone won an award and some douche tells you that you don't deserve it on stage right in front of you and you say well Fuck it it doesn't matter because I don't care so no one should care because the only thing that matters is if I get some sweet beats from said douche. I don't know, I guess I just expect more from people, especially people that are in the lime light, but whatever at the end of the day because the guy is no role model of mine.
Well actually there are plenty of teeny boppers that love Taylor Swift and they do care that she was upstaged for HER award. Heck, I don't even know Taylor or Kanye and I still think it is a shitty thing to do, staged or not. You can talk about how much it doesn't mean or how much it is just a shameless promotional awards show, but the fact is that someone won an award and some douche tells you that you don't deserve it on stage right in front of you and you say well Fuck it it doesn't matter because I don't care so no one should care because the only thing that matters is if I get some sweet beats from said douche. I don't know, I guess I just expect more from people, especially people that are in the lime light, but whatever at the end of the day because the guy is no role model of mine.
cha-ching
I don't know, I guess I just expect more from people, especially people that are in the lime light, but whatever at the end of the day because the guy is no role model of mine.
Well, that's where you and I differ. I don't expect anything from people in the limelight for entertainment, because at the end of the day, none of them should be role models for anyone, and expecting them to be is folly.

Being in the limelight has nothing to do with what he actually did. This could be your local fair talent show award presentation for all I care. What he did was bush league and thats what it comes down to.

• John Stamos: “Matt and trey had it so right with South Park's FISHSTICKS episode on how DENSE you are – KANYE.”
It's funny that people actually actively sign up to read what John Stamos has to say (I assume this is from Twitter).
Well, that's where you and I differ. I don't expect anything from people in the limelight for entertainment, because at the end of the day, none of them should be role models for anyone, and expecting them to be is folly.
Of course this is true. But it's pretty silly to say that what he did to that girl was anything other than an extremely pathetic and dickish move. You can admit that he's an ******* for doing it without your life revolving around that kind of thing.

We shine because they hate us, Floss cause they degrade us,We tryin' to buy back our 40 acres.And for that paper look how low we'll stoop even if you in a Benz you still a nigga in a coupe.You tell 'em Kanye.

It's funny that people actually actively sign up to read what John Stamos has to say (I assume this is from Twitter).Of course this is true. But it's pretty silly to say that what he did to that girl was anything other than an extremely pathetic and dickish move. You can admit that he's an ******* for doing it without your life revolving around that kind of thing.
Yes, but that's what I'm more interested in, Speedz. I'm less interested with what he did, than the size and tenor of the reaction to it.

Well indirectly it's a good thing for Taylor Swift so maybe she should be happy with Kanye for doing this to her. It got people talking about her and publicity is always a good thing, especially if you get the sympathy part.

because as it turns out he sucks in concert.... IMO of course.
He's a terrific live performer. Just don't mess up his lights. He's a douche, always has been and always will be. I'm sure Taylor was wiping her eyes with dolla dolla bills back stage, and showered with cut up money later on in the evening. She'll be ok.

Jesus, why did they even invite him? Didn't he do the exact same thing before? Like, it's not even shocking for Kanye to steal the mic from somebody, and give them a backhanded insult about how their music is probably nice but he's never heard it but that his friend's shit is better. Like, he's really an embarrassment to himself. He must realize that.I actually like his first 2 albums, particularly the first one. 808s is terrible though. I gave it a real try, too. I also didn't like Graduation. He's really not in a position to talk about anybody else's music.

She is way to attractive to be treated that way. Ugly people can be ridiculed, but this is completely unacceptable behavior towards a beautiful person.
excellent point
Jesus, why did they even invite him? Didn't he do the exact same thing before? Like, it's not even shocking for Kanye to steal the mic from somebody, give them a backhanded insult about how their music is probably nice but he's never heard it, but that his friend's shit is better. Like, he's really an embarrassment to himself. He must realize that.
I think the reason MTV invites him is pretty obvious. I mean, it isn't like this is the booker awards or something. They'd rather have a side show than integrity.
Yes, but that's what I'm more interested in, Speedz. I'm less interested with what he did, than the size and tenor of the reaction to it.
Fair enough. I think that the size and tenor of the reaction is way overblown in the media...nobody really cares except for teenage girls and celebrities that use it to attract attention to themselves. I'd think that most of the public just has a mild "eek" reaction and moves on within seconds (possibly after posting on a poker forum about it).

After hearing about this all day, I finally watched the video and my reaction was:That's it? Really? I thought he actually, you know, said something mean to Taylor Swift. All he did was steal her thunder a little.....at a fake awards show. I think this country drinks way too much caffeine.Hey, everybody! Kanye West is kind of a jerk! Newsflash!If I was a bit more cynical, I might propose that most of the hullabaloo surrounding this is because a black guy and a white girl were involved.....

After hearing about this all day, I finally watched the video and my reaction was:That's it? Really? I thought he actually, you know, said something mean to Taylor Swift. All he did was steal her thunder a little.....at a fake awards show. I think this country drinks way too much caffeine.Hey, everybody! Kanye West is kind of a jerk! Newsflash!If I was a bit more cynical, I might propose that most of the hullabaloo surrounding this is because a black guy and a white girl were involved.....
Hey Kanye:
I actually like his first 2 albums, particularly the first one. 808s is terrible though. I gave it a real try, too. I also didn't like Graduation. He's really not in a position to talk about anybody else's music.
Graduation is pretty great all the way around, I don't know why you'd skip that. 808's isn't terrible, its just different. I dislike the concept of auto-tune more than how it sounds, for reasons I'm not quite sure of. I don't think everyone should use it, but 808's doesn't suck. It's just a lot more personal, as opposed to everything else he's ever wrote songs about.
Hey Kanye:
LOL the first comment on that video was..
this song can jerk my ****ing dick.**** THESE JIGGABOO, MONKEYS, NIGGERS, MOON CRICKETS, SPEAR CHUCKERS, BLACKIES, IGNORANT,CRIMINALS.
Moon crickets! Never heard that one before, learn something new every day.
Graduation is pretty great all the way around, I don't know why you'd skip that. 808's isn't terrible, its just different. I dislike the concept of auto-tune more than how it sounds, for reasons I'm not quite sure of. I don't think everyone should use it, but 808's doesn't suck. It's just a lot more personal, as opposed to everything else he's ever wrote songs about.
I mean I didn't dislike it because it uses auto-tune. I have no problem with auto-tune. I disliked it because there was only 1 or possibly 2 songs that I enjoyed. I think all of his albums have been downhill since College Dropout, and even that album is only good, not great. It's really just personal preference though, so it's not like you can convince me otherwise.
at a fake awards show.
It's as real (or fake) as any other awards show, isn't it?
I mean I didn't dislike it because it uses auto-tune. I have no problem with auto-tune. I disliked it because there was only 1 or possibly 2 songs that I enjoyed. I think all of his albums have been downhill since College Dropout, and even that album is only good, not great. It's really just personal preference though, so it's not like you can convince me otherwise.
I WILL NEVER STOP TRYING(Daisuke tomorrow :club: )