2009-2010 Miami Dolphins Official Thread

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad I was post-Thanksgiving traveling and didn't see the game. Hello mid-round draft pick with no standout WR's.
pretty much. I would give anything for them to trade up for Taylor Mays or Eric Berry but they won't. They will have to look elsewhere (than the draft) for WRs. Good wideouts can be found in the later rounds (Colston and Brandon Marshall come to mind) though.
pretty much. I would give anything for them to trade up for Taylor Mays or Eric Berry but they won't. They will have to look elsewhere (than the draft) for WRs. Good wideouts can be found in the later rounds (Colston and Brandon Marshall come to mind) though.
Ricky was awesome.
Ricky was awesome.
and yet instead of giving him the ball to run from the 4, we asked him to throw it. I would be happy if we did not run the wildcat again this season.....without Ronnie it is a waste of time and Ricky runs better out of conventional sets.
and yet instead of giving him the ball to run from the 4, we asked him to throw it. I would be happy if we did not run the wildcat again this season.....without Ronnie it is a waste of time and Ricky runs better out of conventional sets.
Funny thing...one of the articles I read lambasting the Fins for running that play mentioned that when the Fins began practicing the Wildcat (not sure if it meant this season or last), Ricky told the coaches he'd prefer Ronnie to handle all of the halfback passes.
Funny thing...one of the articles I read lambasting the Fins for running that play mentioned that when the Fins began practicing the Wildcat (not sure if it meant this season or last), Ricky told the coaches he'd prefer Ronnie to handle all of the halfback passes.
saw the same thing. he SPECIFICALLY asked them not to throw the ball. So they roll over the bills for 10 plays and then they ask him to throw the ball.some calls are just indefensible. and Sparano defended it (lamely) during the postgame conference. he won't admit a mistake ever. must be a parcells thing.

Sick game and a sick finish, I love to see the Dolphins evolving. I'm many ways I feel like this years team is better then last years team albeit with a much tougher schedule. I am really looking forward to the last few games of the season so see how it all plays out.

Sick game and a sick finish, I love to see the Dolphins evolving. I'm many ways I feel like this years team is better then last years team albeit with a much tougher schedule. I am really looking forward to the last few games of the season so see how it all plays out.
The big difference is the pass defense was above average last year....then they lost Goodman and a safety whose name is escaping me to Denver. Then, Will Allen got hurt. It's two rookies, Bell (average), and Gibril Wilson (turd). Welker and Moss had a field day today and the Pats should have had 35. One great 4th down stop and one sick play by Vontae Davis and somehow they help NE to 21.Great win. It is always super satisfying to shut up New England fans. It just makes the Bills loss last week so glaringly worse. They would be in first place right now. Henne was pretty amazing overall today (with the caveat that he made 2 horrific throws). Davone Bess looks like a true #2 WR. Now, they just need a #1 (though, to be fair, Ginn had two really nice catches today). O-line had a great day. D-line was awful for 59.5 minutes and then Wake made the play of the game.Very surprising.....next week's Dolphins v. Jags game is a huge game for wild card purposes. And with the Steelers losing again....the #6 seed in the AFC is going to be somebody at 9-7. So, Miami is on life support but still in it. Ravens are probably the favorite for the 6 seed at this point.
Henne was pretty amazing overall today (with the caveat that he made 2 horrific throws).
I was pretty damn pissed when he overthrew Polite on that wide open 3rd down play. Had they not converted the 4th down, we'd be spending the next few days talking about how awful that pass was. Love beating the Patriots, at least the games are still meaningful and they have an (extremely) outside chance of sneaking in. Oh, and it was Renaldo Hill that went with Goodman to Denver. And one thing you didn't mention about the pass defense was that Sean Smith made a good play, but Aiken made a great play on that long TD. Getting burned for long plays is one thing, but Smith really didn't do anything wrong on that one.
I was pretty damn pissed when he overthrew Polite on that wide open 3rd down play. Had they not converted the 4th down, we'd be spending the next few days talking about how awful that pass was. Love beating the Patriots, at least the games are still meaningful and they have an (extremely) outside chance of sneaking in. Oh, and it was Renaldo Hill that went with Goodman to Denver. And one thing you didn't mention about the pass defense was that Sean Smith made a good play, but Aiken made a great play on that long TD. Getting burned for long plays is one thing, but Smith really didn't do anything wrong on that one.
Yeah, I have to assume that was some sort of mis-communication. That was pretty bad. That was obviously one of the 2 throws I was referring to.Smith did have great coverage but he mistimed his jump and ever so slightly overran the ball. For rookies, they are both pretty awesome. Now, they just need a safety. Once again, Gibril Wilson had a bad game. Broken record, he can't cover anybody.
At least he makes up for it by not being able to tackle anybody either.
nicethat 4th down play on the last drive was the play of the year thusfar.How about throwing it 50 times? Wowzers.We need a 3rd running back. How about that DeeDee Dorsey that the Bengals ended up cutting from Hard Knocks? He was a big play guy? The kept him on the show then cut him soon after and he was in the UFL. And yes, I have no waiver wire RB knowledge

On the one hand, this team continues to figure out ways to keep inferior teams in games. 4 fumbles? Davone Bess may be a great WR but he needs to stop the fumbles. On the other hand, Henne was very good, the D was great, and they won on the road and are now in control of their own destiny so to speak (not my favorite sports phrase). 7-6 and they have the tiebreaker now on Jets and Jags. Be nice if the Steelers could show up next week and take out the Ravens.

On the other hand, Henne was very good, the D was great, and they won on the road and are now in control of their own destiny so to speak...
Agreed on the D. The line seems to have a lot of guys making steady progress and I feel like the gamble they took on Cam Wake will be worth it when all is said and done. Least surprising moment of the game:Holt gets behind the coverage for a 60 yard reception. Smith bit on a fake (bad enough) and his help, Wilson, bit on the same fake (even worse) to free up Holt for a long gain. At least Wilson recovered enough to catch him. Maybe that's the silver lining with him: after he gets burned, he can catch the guy that burned him. I also laughed at one point when one of the announcers said that Ricky isn't a back that you worry about fumbling with. I'm pretty sure that's been my biggest concern with him since he came to Miami. I didn't realize how much he had improved (only two this year before yesterday) but I distinctly remember his first few years with the Fins and me thinking, "Come on, Ricky, just hold on to the ball," every time he got a carry.
Agreed on the D. The line seems to have a lot of guys making steady progress and I feel like the gamble they took on Cam Wake will be worth it when all is said and done. Least surprising moment of the game:Holt gets behind the coverage for a 60 yard reception. Smith bit on a fake (bad enough) and his help, Wilson, bit on the same fake (even worse) to free up Holt for a long gain. At least Wilson recovered enough to catch him. Maybe that's the silver lining with him: after he gets burned, he can catch the guy that burned him. I also laughed at one point when one of the announcers said that Ricky isn't a back that you worry about fumbling with. I'm pretty sure that's been my biggest concern with him since he came to Miami. I didn't realize how much he had improved (only two this year before yesterday) but I distinctly remember his first few years with the Fins and me thinking, "Come on, Ricky, just hold on to the ball," every time he got a carry.
I just try to rationalize all the WEIRD turnovers this year. 'Last year, they set a record for fewest turnovers in a season.....so, this year the odds say they will have more turnovers. No problem'Still, it is getting old watching the Dolphins let inferior teams hang around. Against the Bills, it cost them dearly. Plus, it is terrible for my blood pressure. Also, could Jacksonville be more predictable in late situations? On that last 4th and 2, I was screaming at the TV well before the play: 'WATCH THE QB DRAW FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!!!' You could see Miami was ready for it too. They ran a stunt and had Gibril "Toast" Wilson cheating up on a delayed blitz watching for the draw. Thanks Jack Del Rio...

4 turnovers. 3 in the red zone. What a debacle. They outplayed a very good Titans team most of the day and gagged again and again. They passed for tons of yards but Henne could not stop making one horrible throw every hour or so. They came all the way back from 18 down in the 2nd half only to win the OT coin toss and turn it over. 7-7, could easily be 10-4. Time to start thinking about the draft....replacing Gibril Wilson (nice job on that first TD by the Titans) would be a good start.

4 turnovers. 3 in the red zone. What a debacle. They outplayed a very good Titans team most of the day and gagged again and again.
i only really saw the last few minutes of the game, but there were 2 really bad calls against the Fins. The first Def. holding was meh and didnt really make a difference , but the late hit on Camarillo after the INT was awful. he was clearly going to make sure the guy was down, it was nothing malicious or aggressive in the least. still, with that many turnovers they could've made sure the game didnt come down to a bad call.
i only really saw the last few minutes of the game, but there were 2 really bad calls against the Fins. The first Def. holding was meh and didnt really make a difference , but the late hit on Camarillo after the INT was awful. he was clearly going to make sure the guy was down, it was nothing malicious or aggressive in the least. still, with that many turnovers they could've made sure the game didnt come down to a bad call.
I agree....lousy call. I am sure the Titans get the 8 yards they need by being a little more aggressive without the call though. Bironas is money from 52 and in usually. They got bailed out by that ridiculous Hartline catch so it evens out.Oh well. Hopefully, Henne will make that big third year jump next season.
Oh well. Hopefully, Henne will make that big third year jump next season.
Henne has been really good this year for a rookie thrust into the starting role, atleast from what I've seen. yeah he's made mistakes but he's a rookie and it's not like he has receivers that can really help him out. Camarillo is solid but not exactly a game breaker, and while I think Bess can be really good he still makes basic mistakes. Sparano has done an amazing job with a team this young, Dolphins fans should have a lot to look forward to the next several years. im really pissed the Boys let him get away so easily. is Pennington coming back?
Henne has been really good this year for a rookie thrust into the starting role, atleast from what I've seen. yeah he's made mistakes but he's a rookie and it's not like he has receivers that can really help him out. Camarillo is solid but not exactly a game breaker, and while I think Bess can be really good he still makes basic mistakes. Sparano has done an amazing job with a team this young, Dolphins fans should have a lot to look forward to the next several years. im really pissed the Boys let him get away so easily. is Pennington coming back?
No one knows. It will be a big story this offseason. He would have to accept being a backup which I think he could. He might retire though. Will be interesting.I am fine with Henne. This was a game where he played great except for 3 throws. Pretty standard for a first year started on the road under de facto playoff conditions.To only get 24 points on 8 trips inside the Titans 35 is really depressing. This is a really good 7-7 team but....they are still 7-7. Frustrating year.I hated some of the playcalls today but the resilence the Fins showed down 18 in the 2nd half speaks well of Sparano's overall abilities. Lots of teams with a young QB would have folded there.
Lots of teams with a young QB would have folded there.
lots of teams with a young QB would have folded several weeks ago when their best player went down. The fact that they keep winning games and are still in the playoff race is a big positive indicator for the future.
4 turnovers. 3 in the red zone. What a debacle. They outplayed a very good Titans team most of the day and gagged again and again. They passed for tons of yards but Henne could not stop making one horrible throw every hour or so. They came all the way back from 18 down in the 2nd half only to win the OT coin toss and turn it over. 7-7, could easily be 10-4. Time to start thinking about the draft....replacing Gibril Wilson (nice job on that first TD by the Titans) would be a good start.
I was really disappointed with Henne today. Those bad decisions were so costly.(I'm becoming a Dolphins fan because of the Le Batard show)
I was really disappointed with Henne today. Those bad decisions were so costly.(I'm becoming a Dolphins fan because of the Le Batard show)
yeah, everyone just remember that it's his second year in the league, and first as a starter. Young QB's have days like this. Brutal game. I was going against CJ in ff semifinals, ( and with Ricky, who had a great game) and let me tell you, going aginst CJ in fantasy is terrifying.
This was a game where he played great except for 3 throws.
They really hurt, though. Oh well, young QB/bad days, all that. No matter how they finish now I'd have to say they had a good season, overall. To stick around with a team that already had some pretty big flaws/question marks and then lost key players at several positions says a lot about how the team is run now. Sparano's still made some calls this season that are head-scratchers, but he and his staff definitely get the most out of a team with only a few standout players. Last season was just a random cornucopia of good breaks and bad teams on the schedule, but this season actually makes me more hopeful. Also, when I can't celebrate a Dolphins' victory, my next favorite thing has become watching Rex Ryan's press conferences after a Jets loss.