Fcp Official Golf Thread

Fun day.Followed David Duvall around for a bit, then Ogilvie, Kucher, Justin Leonard, Calcavecchia, Faxon, Bubba Watson, and local David Stockton Jr.Also saw Bo Jackson almost eagle, Kevin Nealon lose another ball, Kurt Russel dump two in the water, Alice Cooper, guitarist from Kiss, quarterback of Cardinals, PK of the Vikings, Dr J., Tom Dreeson, Greg Maddux, Grant Fuhr, and Sugar Ray Leonard.Perfect day, low 80s, slight breeze. Smoked two cigars and walked for 6 hours, came home ate and then went to my weekly poker game where I ran AK into AA and lost.
I hate you...I just shovelled snow for an hour, looked at my lonely golf clubs in the garage and shed a tear.
I hate you...I just shovelled snow for an hour, looked at my lonely golf clubs in the garage and shed a tear.
If it helps it is windy now, so I've just been playing croquet.Had to put on a pull over this morning, it was nippy.Ac in car though...because of the sunshine, coming through the window, all day.
  • 2 weeks later...
I hate golfHate it
i have loved in the past, hated in the past but right now it has been so damn cold for so long i kinda forget where i stand on it. i was fighting a slice towards the end of last year so i think i was hating it when the season came to an end.seriously it went from from 58 and solid to high of 34 in a week and never relented. the last few years we played the entire month of december and got a round or two in february. i haven't played since the first week of december and i am not happy about it. there is still inches of snow on the ground, may have to drive to the jersey shore and do a golf / borgata day.wife shot down a winter golf to trip to florida in january and trip to vegas next week...stupid family, kids priorites, examples....blah blah.

Last 3 times I played I couldn't break 90.Perfect weather and the most I want to do is go work on my long irons to fix my short right results.I think it is in my shoulder turn and casting.Going to get a video camera on me and see if I can find the problem.Fixing it is another story.

Last 3 times I played I couldn't break 90.Perfect weather and the most I want to do is go work on my long irons to fix my short right results.I think it is in my shoulder turn and casting.Going to get a video camera on me and see if I can find the problem.Fixing it is another story.
do some research before you buy. a buddy of mine bought a package with the camera that he can add lines on the puter screen to see how things look as the swing moves. it is pretty cool and you will be amazed what you think is happening vs what actually is happening during your swing. he also can overlay his swing on top a pros swing (thay have matching program for body types and swing types to get a close match) and see how the club path / lag / follow through etc differs...just be prepared it isn't always pretty - matter of fact it seldom is. he has dropped 6 strokes off his index using that along with his lessons.at some point i should get a set of lessons but i say that every winter!
  • 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...
Last 3 times I played I couldn't break 90.Perfect weather and the most I want to do is go work on my long irons to fix my short right results.I think it is in my shoulder turn and casting.Going to get a video camera on me and see if I can find the problem.Fixing it is another story
do some research before you buy. a buddy of mine bought a package with the camera that he can add lines on the puter screen to see how things look as the swing moves. it is pretty cool and you will be amazed what you think is happening vs what actually is happening during your swing. he also can overlay his swing on top a pros swing (thay have matching program for body types and swing types to get a close match) and see how the club path / lag / follow through etc differs...just be prepared it isn't always pretty - matter of fact it seldom is. he has dropped 6 strokes off his index using that along with his lessons.at some point i should get a set of lessons but i say that every winter!
^^ Excellent idea. In fact, there's a program called V1. If you've got an iPhone or an iPad, you can download it for free or pay a nominal fee ($5.99 I think..not entirely sure) - which in turn you can take video of your swing at anytime and play it back - take a look at where and how you're aligned. There are a lot of other functions you can use it for. Not saying you need to get it, but if you're curious check it out and see what you think. I'd like to think it has its resourcefulness and it's a pretty decent program for the minimal fee since the actual software costs roughly somewhere around $1500.00. Again, not saying it may be right for you, but it's another option to look at if you're interested. Good luck! :club: