Birthday Gift Idea For The Girlfriend

So the girlfriend's birthday is coming up in 2 weeks and I have no clue what to get her. We've been dating almost a year. Couple months ago for my birthday she got me my first snowboard (only started snowboarding this year, she introduced me to it), which was a very cool and awesome present so I would love an idea that is equally cool for her. I'm so terrible at coming up with good gift ideas, I hope you guys can give me some cool and unique suggestions. Put the price range at $300 max but preferably in the $200-250 range...I'm broke and just started working this week! PLEASE HELP!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But it's a case! A case of pro player energy drink. Just getting her a six-pack would be a slap in the face.
sorry, meant to say packs, packs and more packs to make a full casebut in all seriousness, tell us more about her and what she's into if you want real suggestions.
Is she really active and outdoorsy all year round or just in the winter?Is she higher maintenance or lower maintenance?
Not especially outdoorsy or active. She started reading a bit more recently but doesn't have a lot of time for personal reading now that school is started. She's beginning her first year of grad school right now so pretty much all her time is between school and waitressing, and going out on the weekends and free nights in the week. She's definitely low maintenance, I mean her dad is pretty well off and takes care of her well so she really has everything she needs but isn't bratty in the least. Likes going out to local bars with friends and getting wasted on the regular, lol. Likes going to the movies and eating a lot (no, she's not a tubby she's in pretty good shape, lol), stupid reality shows and gossip girl, has about zero interest in poker haha. I wish I knew what more I could say about her that would help with suggestions but thats part of why I suck at coming up with these things myself :club: Let me know if I can provide any more info

She's also kind of artsy, I mean she likes to draw and paint a bit and is pretty good at it, but again I think she really has all the supplies or whatever she needs/wants for that. I'll keep trying to think of things that may help..

Jewelry?Bought my wife a necklace when we were dating and she's worn it ever since. Just a simple heart with 4 small diamonds running through the middle. Think it was in your price range, of course this was 2 decades ago.Pearl necklaces are also nice. lol

jewelery is always good, especially if you think she's the "one"...it will always hold a senitimental value for her. take her out to a nice dinner, maybe some flowers and a nice necklace or bracelet will make her happy. also more of the safe optionyou said she introduced you to snowboarding...is there anything from your past you introduced her to?when i was dating my husband, he started me playing pool. For a birthday one year, he bought me my first cue. Maybe there is an activity/hobby that you brought to the relationship that she needs equipment/supplies for.regardless, take her out somewhere nice and make her feel super special. No matter what you get her, she'll appreciate you're effort. if you completely airball, show her this thread so she'll know just how hard you tried.

jewelery is always good, especially if you think she's the "one"...it will always hold a senitimental value for her. take her out to a nice dinner, maybe some flowers and a nice necklace or bracelet will make her happy. also more of the safe optionyou said she introduced you to snowboarding...is there anything from your past you introduced her to?when i was dating my husband, he started me playing pool. For a birthday one year, he bought me my first cue. Maybe there is an activity/hobby that you brought to the relationship that she needs equipment/supplies for.regardless, take her out somewhere nice and make her feel super special. No matter what you get her, she'll appreciate you're effort. if you completely airball, show her this thread so she'll know just how hard you tried.
haha thank you for the advice! I pretty much planned on falling back on jewelry if I can't think of anything else, still holding out hope that I can think of something a bit more original, and by that I mean have someone here or a friend come up with something for me. I can't really think of any type of hobby or anything that I've introduced her to. And lately we hardly ever get to see each other, as I said she's starting grad school while I moved back home when I finished college at the end of May, so since then we've only gotten to see each other for a couple weekends, like every 2-3 weeks one of us will take the trip to visit the other. Its about a 3 hour drive, not terrible, we're just both really busy and she works a lot of weekends too.

Send her a $50 bouquet of flowers to her at work, with a gift certificate for a massage at a nice spa.The note should read:I wanted everyone to know how special you are, and then I wanted you to feel special.Price: $200

Send her a $50 bouquet of flowers to her at work, with a gift certificate for a massage at a nice spa.The note should read:I wanted everyone to know how special you are, and then I wanted you to feel special.Price: $200
No balloons?
She's also kind of artsy, I mean she likes to draw and paint a bit and is pretty good at it, but again I think she really has all the supplies or whatever she needs/wants for that. I'll keep trying to think of things that may help..
If she likes to do that kind of stuff, classes are a good gift.