Asking Prayers From Those Who Pray Please

My husband and I are making a trip to Seattle for him to be tested to get into clinical trials for a new drug to treat his Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis. Not all of you probably know but the condition is terminal so we are hoping that 1. He gets into the trial. 2. He is one of the lucky ones to get the drug. 3. That it will do what it's supposed to do which is slow down the progression of this horrid disease. Anyway, I know that there are people on here that pray and I'd appreciate your prayers. The rest of you, well you don't believe in prayer anyway so my asking won't do you any harm.P.S. He's never smoked in his life so don't go assuming.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My husband and I are making a trip to Seattle for him to be tested to get into clinical trials for a new drug to treat his Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis. Not all of you probably know but the condition is terminal so we are hoping that 1. He gets into the trial. 2. He is one of the lucky ones to get the drug. 3. That it will do what it's supposed to do which is slow down the progression of this horrid disease. Anyway, I know that there are people on here that pray and I'd appreciate your prayers. The rest of you, well you don't believe in prayer anyway so my asking won't do you any harm.P.S. He's never smoked in his life so don't go assuming.
done.

I dont understand what you think these prayers are going to do. Even if there is a God, we obviously live in a world governed by chance. God, if real, does not interfere and help certain people over others. Tragedy strikes the just and the unjust alike. Praying wont save him. Praying wont even help him.

Wouldn't matter if he did.... suffering from any disease is a horrible thing. Prayers are with you and your family for strength and courage.
I dont understand what you think these prayers are going to do. Even if there is a God, we obviously live in a world governed by chance. God, if real, does not interfere and help certain people over others. Tragedy strikes the just and the unjust alike. Praying wont save him. Praying wont even help him.
While you are essentially correct, there is a power to thinking positively and in gathering socially around someone who is ill to support them. It's not only beneficial to the person who is ill, but also to their family who is coping with it. I too wish this practice would happen without the supernatural part, but we should recognize what's good about it. I hope he gets into the study, Nimue.
While you are essentially correct, there is a power to thinking positively and in gathering socially around someone who is ill to support them. It's not only beneficial to the person who is ill, but also to their family who is coping with it. I too wish this practice would happen without the supernatural part, but we should recognize what's good about it. I hope he gets into the study, Nimue.
Well yeah, but this is an internet message board. So our prayers are kind of like jerking off to a picture of Megan Fox. Yeah, I was looking at her when I came, but I still didnt get to fuck her.
Well yeah, but this is an internet message board. So our prayers are kind of like jerking off to a picture of Megan Fox.
So they are a wonderful thing to be encouraged?
Yeah, I was looking at her when I came, but I still didnt get to fuck her.
Oh, I see what you are saying.But the other way they are the same is that both can make someone feel good.
Your delusion is vastly underrated, which I didn't believe was possible, if you actually believe that - IF - a God is real, then you have any idea at all how He would behave... let alone 100% certainty.
Your delusion is vastly underrated, which I didn't believe was possible, if you actually believe that - IF - a God is real, then you have any idea at all how He would behave... let alone 100% certainty.
Have you ever read The Summa Theologica, by Saint Thomas Aquinas?
Have you ever read The Summa Theologica, by Saint Thomas Aquinas?
Sadly, I haven't. I've heard things about Aquinas as a writer and person, but I haven't read any of his stuff. If you would recommend it, then I will try to pick it up this week.NOTE: I had this very discussion about natural laws and 'chance', if you will, with some of my Christian friends just in the last few days. I was in the camp that felt that many things are driven by the natural order that God made. (This position of mine is obviously and clearly NOT, nor could it ever be -unless I was God himself-, 100% certain. <<-- greatest sentence ever written)
Sadly, I haven't. I've heard things about Aquinas as a writer and person, but I haven't read any of his stuff. If you would recommend it, then I will try to pick it up this week.NOTE: I had this very discussion about natural laws and 'chance', if you will, with some of my Christian friends just in the last few days. I was in the camp that felt that many things are driven by the natural order that God made. (This position of mine is obviously and clearly NOT, nor could it ever be -unless I was God himself-, 100% certain. <<-- greatest sentence ever written)
I recomend it. Read the parts about free will and the grace of god. Definetly the best parts of the book.

Trip went well. We'll not know the results of the tests for probably close to 2 weeks. If those meet the criteria of the study then he will go in for a left heart catheter (I'm not sure what this is supposed to show) which if that's good he'll be enrolled the following day. So 2 to 3 weeks from now we'll know if he's going to be accepted. Then he has a 2 in 3 chance of getting the actual medication. Thank you all for your prayers, good wishes and blessings. They're much appreciated.

Trip went well. We'll not know the results of the tests for probably close to 2 weeks. If those meet the criteria of the study then he will go in for a left heart catheter (I'm not sure what this is supposed to show) which if that's good he'll be enrolled the following day. So 2 to 3 weeks from now we'll know if he's going to be accepted. Then he has a 2 in 3 chance of getting the actual medication. Thank you all for your prayers, good wishes and blessings. They're much appreciated.
I'm not just spouting crap to make people think I'm a great person or anything... but I actually have been praying for you. That God would use this situation to draw you closer to Himself and whatnot. No matter what happens, God is in control and you guys can just relax and enjoy the fact that God's will, will be done.
I'm not just spouting crap to make people think I'm a great person or anything... but I actually have been praying for you. That God would use this situation to draw you closer to Himself and whatnot. No matter what happens, God is in control and you guys can just relax and enjoy the fact that God's will, will be done.
so, if he doesnt get in to the study, and dies a painful death, is that gods will?

Dude, her husband has a terminal illness, give it a fucking rest or take it elsewhere. And, you know what, you should delete your post before she sees it. I'm sure it's not anything she hasn't thought of before, but who needs to see it floating on a computer screen? Muster up some empathy.