Ahl Mustangs

Tonight we take our undefeated record( yes thats spinning OT losses into non Losses) against the greatest hockey player to every put the skates on.

Hopefully Austin's hat trick wont make the Greaseballs win.

Yay we're both undefeated*

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some thoughts and musings on the 19 owners in the AHL..Just what comes to my mind about every owner...If you get offended very easily and get butt hurt at jokes then stop reading now:   Canadian Got

Mustangs like to thank my man Otto for filling out my roster..   Good job young man..

Poor team management imo. The NHL schedule came out ages ago. Tuesdays were going to be important because of Survivor and the Champions League. You should have known back in June when Price was pitchi

Posted Images

Clutch players would wait for game day

Lol i was actually going to say that. Your argument holds true for fantasy sports. Not real life. IMO.

• Alexander Steen (STL)
  • James Neal (NSH)
  • Wayne Simmonds (PHI)
  • Ryan O'Reilly
  • Alex Killorn (TBL)
  • Jean-Gabriel Pageau (OTT)

Defense

• Brent Burns (SJS)
  • Dougie Hamilton (CGY)
  • Matt Niskanen (WSH)
  • Mark Streit (PHI)

Goalies

Goalies-B Washington

Overtime Player

Alexander Steen (STL

We wanted to repair the trading relationship with our buddy Dan and I decided to make an offer..We have agreed on a trade..

Matthew Nieto is now a Mustang.

Brendan Dillon is now a Magically Delicious

Brendan Dillon is a solid dman but with the Beard leading our D , he wouldnt get into many games..

Good luck Dan..Good trade hopefully.

lol, I just saw this before I came to FCP:

Matthew Nieto will be a healthy scratch Tuesday versus the New York Islanders.

Its probably still a decent trade for you, not like Dillon is anything special. Just funny timing.

lol, I just saw this before I came to FCP:

Matthew Nieto will be a healthy scratch Tuesday versus the New York Islanders.

Its probably still a decent trade for you, not like Dillon is anything special. Just funny timing.

Yes we were aware of the situation...Dillon wouldnt make many of my lineups with Burns playing...Nieto still has some upside.

We needed every one of our 4.5 goals last night as we win by a half against a great night by the Eagles.

Goals from Killorn Oreilly and Simmonds and another good performance by captain Brent Burns led the team to victory..

Shutout by the Capitals was also a big factor in the win.

Mustangs remain only one of two teams(Gothic) to not lose a game yet in regulation.

Also it was doubly sweet as we beat the hated Whalers who we fight for the Kardashian trophy, in the Champions League.

Next up the not so Winning Combination, who will be upset after losing in Survivor.

Bit of a tough break last night as we would of beat 14 of the other teams, but we ran into a juggernaut evening from the Winning Combinations..Good game..

Very happy with my players so far..

Pretty happy with the production all around to start the year..We have the 3rd most Goals in the league, and have allowed the third most(the luck factor)..The GA is where luck comes into play but should even out end of the year..OR NOT..

Our goalies led by Washington have done really well, giving up only 6 goals, which is tied with Gothic to lead the league.(who obviously also have Washington)..In contrast combo chasers who try to avoid the non goalie nights have giving up much more...Daniel has given up 18...

Its a very small sample size obviously , but we love to play with the stats..

Next up Shootloose

I had a bit of a brain fart and sat Kadri and put in Darren Helm.

Well Helm has outperformed Kadri this year, so there is that..

Lets see how this plays out.

I had a bit of a brain fart and sat Kadri and put in Darren Helm.

Well Helm has outperformed Kadri this year, so there is that..

Lets see how this plays out.

As expected, helm assist immediately on first Detroit goal.

As expected, helm assist immediately on first Detroit goal.

lol these things never work in my favor..Its a long night my friend.

Its unfortunate we lost the game even before it begins..

And my prediction of a no negative score year is probably dead..

It looks like we have jinxed Boone Jenner by making him a franchise player...With the possibility that the signing might be the biggest colossal mistake in AHL history, and would make Chris Stewart look like an ok signing.

Having said that, he can redeem himself with a hat trick and 5 pt performance tonight...Thats essentially what it would take for me to win my game tonight.

Its probably confirmation bias and perceived reality but it always seems like when I have only 4 forwards going, those 4 are the least likely options I would want in there.

Its probably confirmation bias and perceived reality but it always seems like when I have only 4 forwards going, those 4 are the least likely options I would want in there.

bad management

bad management

possible..But even when you are combo chasing, its very difficult to avoid nights like this.

Something pretty magical almost happened last night..

I have no goalies, Wayne gets a shutout and I dont have arguably any of mine top 8 performing forwards for this year..

Save a goal from Brian Bickell who NEVER scores , and last time he got a goal was a LONG time ago...and he scored with a second left in the period..

We still bring the game to a shootout and pick up a point..

We also continue our streak of no negative night scores.