Ahl Mustangs

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some thoughts and musings on the 19 owners in the AHL..Just what comes to my mind about every owner...If you get offended very easily and get butt hurt at jokes then stop reading now:   Canadian Got

Mustangs like to thank my man Otto for filling out my roster..   Good job young man..

Poor team management imo. The NHL schedule came out ages ago. Tuesdays were going to be important because of Survivor and the Champions League. You should have known back in June when Price was pitchi

Posted Images

They aren't. LA is fave

Yeah. And Anaheim is a pretty solid fave over Colorado. Their O/U is set higher (5.5), but if it's me, I probably go Anaheim. Wash and Ana are virtually equal in terms of GAA.

I agree. Went with Anaheim.

Last 9 games they have given up 2 goals or less. Pretty impressive

sounds like right call, and Wash might left off a little after Mondays big win, but thats a tough call.

Anaheim is gonna be pissed after losing on Monday the way they did too, so they may try to whitewash Colorado. Maybe O/U line is high because oddsmakers think Ana will score a lot.

• Like 1

Man I miss Steen and Oreilly...But we move on..Maybe they will be back in time to face Bob in the Finals if we are lucky...

With only 3 and a half forwards tonight, we need Mr Kane to have a big game...Like a 5 point game or something..Would be nice.

Regarding the statement by NHL to our superstar. Finally.

I also believe a woman who lies about rape should be punished severely. It's almost as bad as rape and making real victims harder to come forward

First of all, there's no proof at all that she lied.

Rape/sexual assault is insanely difficult to prove in a legal sense, so that the DA isn't going to pursue charges doesn't mean that Kane didn't do anything, or that she was lying.

And frankly, that the NHL came to its own conclusion on this is ludicrous.

Only two people know what really happened, and I see no reason to choose sides definitively.

• Like 1

If a woman is proven to have explicitly lied about rape, there are several criminal and civil charges she may be subjected to already. And considering how often woman are accused of lying, compared to how often it is actually demonstrated that they are lying, I think it would be misunderstood if additional charges were added. Serge is coming from the right place (IMO) in that false reports only make things cloudy for real ones, but fake ones are already way more rare than most people think (big difference between 'fake' ones and just ones where no one is criminally liable).

If a woman is proven to have explicitly lied about rape, there are several criminal and civil charges she may be subjected to already. And considering how often woman are accused of lying, compared to how often it is actually demonstrated that they are lying, I think it would be misunderstood if additional charges were added. Serge is coming from the right place (IMO) in that false reports only make things cloudy for real ones, but fake ones are already way more rare than most people think (big difference between 'fake' ones and just ones where no one is criminally liable).

Not so sure how rare it is but verbal evidence can be so damaging whether its true or not. Most recently, the Duke Lacrosse case had a devastating effect on so many lives. Certainly not to the same degree but a divorce lawyer I know said you would be shocked on how many people involved in divorce make up sexual abuses or lie about domestic violence just to win a custody battle or a divorce case.

Not so sure how rare it is but verbal evidence can be so damaging whether its true or not. Most recently, the Duke Lacrosse case had a devastating effect on so many lives. Certainly not to the same degree but a divorce lawyer I know said you would be shocked on how many people involved in divorce make up sexual abuses or lie about domestic violence just to win a custody battle or a divorce case.

I wouldn't be shocked.

For the record, I think the NHL handled this terribly from the beginning, but I have heard that apparently this was a full-on setup/trap from the beginning. No idea how or if they proved that though.

I'd say there is a fair difference between someone involved in a divorce making up or exaggerating claims of sexual abuse or violence and someone giving evidence of rape in a setting where their personal information is going to be made very public. My view is that this common thought that there is any kind of pattern or consistency of women falsely accusing rape is contradictory to every study that's ever been done, is the biggest cause of marginalizing women from actually coming forward, and severely underestimates the nuances involved in sexual interactions between people who are celebrities, strangers, drunk, or some combination of the above!

My comments were directed towards women who intentionally lie. I don't know for sure about Kane situation but a woman that lies about rape is a horrible human being.

My comments were directed towards women who intentionally lie. I don't know for sure about Kane situation but a woman that lies about rape is a horrible human being.

the point of the article was that it was completely irresponsible for the NHL to call her a liar.

While we haven't historically drafted well, mainly due to lack of high picks. We keep finding gems like JP Pageau.

Looks like a 20 goal season for the young kid. Should be fitting into a top role for the Mustangs next year.

Top role player tho

Top role player tho

He may me a top 6 in 2 years. Maybe even next.

It's really discouraging to do so well in the regular season, then can't even outscore JP in the playoffs.

*Most* players don't go up from their 23-year old season, production wise. If I'm you, I'm trying to build my team so he expressly isn't in my top 6, but as a nice, useful depth player. :)