Obama Speech To All Students

His comments say nothing about saving accordingly... Which is what you should do.. moreover just work hard and we (federal govt & taxpayers) will take care of youIt is your personal responsibility to make sure you can retire - not mine and not the federal govt, in fact I could retire alot quicker if you stopped wasting my money in a social security program the will be bankrupt shortly
he said nothing of the govt and taxpayers paying for anyone's retirement. he said:"this country is going to honor our collective responsibility to you: to ensure that you can save and secure your retirement"if you want to bitch about social security's problems, stop talking about obama and start talking about reagan killing the fix bob dole et al passed years ago.
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His comments say nothing about saving accordingly
"If you work hard and meet your responsibilities, this country is going to honor our collective responsibility to you: to ensure that you can save and secure your retirement"
To be honest, I was never sure what the issue was in the first place. But I'm not too interesting in arguing this too much. I understand a lot of the complaints against Obama. I don't really get this one.I find it hard to believe that the same people who are complaining against Obama would be doing the same if Bush were talking to the school kids. Of course, there would be an equivalent group on the left complaining, but I'd think they were being silly as well (again, there are better reasons to complain against Bush).I'm glad your kids are going to see the speech. They may like it. Many will probably be bored. Many will think it's better than learning math. Whatever.
we never learn

I would have been honoured to have him speak at my school and his words seemed inspirational and somewhat common sense.I hope that those children that were held back have access to the internet and can watch this though the moment was lost to them. I hope to be able to instill in my child a sense of responsibility when it comes to schooling. I didn't get to have the education I wish I had however I was able to take what I did get very seriously and turn it into a livelihood that has allowed me to have a house, wife, child without the troubles my parents had.Great speech Mr. President.

:club:

After numerous interruptions, I just finished listening. I think it was a great speech. I did not notice anything overtly political in it.If this helps a small percentage of kids try harder in school it was well worth it.

After numerous interruptions, I just finished listening. I think it was a great speech. I did not notice anything overtly political in it.If this helps a small percentage of kids try harder in school it was well worth it.
There was a report that he was talking about universe health care to the kids at the school he spoke at before the actual speech, but the actual speech seemed pretty good.
dude, for the love of god, there are 20 other major things you could be harping on that obama is doing that are 20 times worse than this. all you're doing by concentrating on some perceived liberal brainwashing in what is simply a motivational speech to students is making yourself look petty and taking any credence from other present and future issues that are actually bad. please stop.
Thank you Sal. This is what I've been trying to say for some time. Every time either side tilts at windmills and people discover they're really just windmills it makes it less likely that they'll be able to rally people to their cause when they have to fight a real dragon. It's a concept that seems to be foreign to the more partisan members of the Republican Party and many people on this forum.
so? much ado about nothing?
Correct... unless of course, you had kids in that particular school in Virginia.