i've asked a lot of people for the price you should be getting to play suited connectors . i've always gotten the same answer "you should always play suited connectors in late position in multi-way pots"...great advice, sure,but still no answer to my question.so i took it upon myself to deal out 100 hands with a common suited connector. 8 :club: 9 :D .my method for figuring out the win% was this. i would take all implied odds into acount against a feild of 6, and any hand which gave me two pair or better i called a win. ie. a hand i would call at the river and feel pretty good about.i threw out hands with which i made my straight with 4 flush cards out and i only considered two pair with an over card out a 1/2 win. as well as straights with a 3 flush showing, and flushes with 4 cards out (as a nine high flush isn't all that strong) . out of 100 hands (and this is creepy as these are the exact numbers) 20 hands were most likely winners and 80 were folds. some post flop, some turn, some river, but folds all the same.so the price (trumpets sounding [at least for me anyway]) is 4 t o 1.i know that there is some variance as 100 hands isn't very many, but it at least gave me some idea as to the value of suited connectors.if i'm off here feel free school me or flame me or what have you...i just thought i'd share.

If you stand by the rule of needing pot odds for a call or raise pre-flop, You should be folding Pocket Pairs... Is that correct?Do a search on google for these two words "Implied Odds" Now what have you learned?

What they said, implied odds are the key to suited connectors.Also please don't base any decision on a 100 hand sample, that is way too small and doesn't tell you much anyway. Suited connectors are great hands to play in multiway pots because they are easy to get away from if you miss,so you're most likely to fold after the flop unless you have a flush or straight draw or 2 pair.

wrto is right, implied odds are key.further, one flaw with your theory is that it tells me that it's okay to call four bets (capped) cold on the button if there are four or five others in the pot before me. this is way wrong.suited connectors usually can't afford to pay more than one small bet pre-flop. why? because for each extra small bet you add, your implied odds get factored by that many bets.let's say that post-flop, my implied odds expectation is around 8 big bets. this is possible; 4 big bets on the flop in a multiway pot, and 2 big bets each on the turn and river in a less multiway pot.if i put in just one small bet pre-flop, that's 16-to-1 implied odds. if i put in two small bets, my implied odds get cut in half to 8-to-1. if i put in three, they're a little over 5-to-1.so that's why they really can't afford to put in more than one bet pre-flop. pot odds are important, but implied odds are more important here.aseem

There is also another factor that some are missing out on. YOu can play them behind a weak player that you know that you can outplay. Since we can presumably make better decisions than said opponenet we can play a hand like 89s for profit since we willknow waht to do with it better then they will