Stopping Yourself From Making Plays

my biggest problems in mtt's is that I'll enter a pot and not want to give it up. I'll tell myself all tournament long dont make stupid plays, just play small pots in position and chip up, but eventually I always seem to just shove it in there drawing dead, when I know i am drawing dead but i do it anyway. I was just wondering how you guys have confronted this problem

meh just keep doing it and eventually it will work and you'll get a huge stack and donk someone out and coast to the ft lol...

I have had this same problem too. Recently I stuck a simple yellow sticky on the corner of my computer screen that says FOLD is sometimes the best option. I am adding another one tonight that says - yes he is a DONK, but WAIT for a better spot. These are good reminders staring back at me all the time.

It can take a good long while to get to the point where you can make a big fold. Try asking yourself, every step of the way, if you could give up the hand and try and figure out how and why. It's way too easy to find an excuse to call off all your chips. It's much better for you, discipline-wise, if you can redirect your focus to finding reasons to fold. This may sound counter-productive to those who advocate aggression, but it's a support mechanism that allows you to say No while you wait for a better spot to be aggressive.

I have had this same problem too. Recently I stuck a simple yellow sticky on the corner of my computer screen that says FOLD is sometimes the best option. I am adding another one tonight that says - yes he is a DONK, but WAIT for a better spot. These are good reminders staring back at me all the time.
I like that... i like that really much.
my biggest problems in mtt's is that I'll enter a pot and not want to give it up. I'll tell myself all tournament long dont make stupid plays, just play small pots in position and chip up, but eventually I always seem to just shove it in there drawing dead, when I know i am drawing dead but i do it anyway. I was just wondering how you guys have confronted this problem
By giving up. Not sure how though