Loose Game Conundrum

My question is about loose games with lots of calling stations. The general strategy seems to be to wait until you can trap with a good hand. You also seem to have to throw any idea of bluffing out of the window since you know you will almost always get called down.The flaw in this strategy seems to be that it is so dependent on making good hands. What are you supposed to do on those nights you get nothing? It seems too dependent on the actual cards and diminishes any place for skill.What other adjustments can you make besides just waiting to connect with the flop and trap?Thanks.

You're playing for the long term, not one night's results. That's pretty much how you should be trying to play against calling stations and in the long term you will make much money sticking to that plan.

My question is about loose games with lots of calling stations. The general strategy seems to be to wait until you can trap with a good hand. You also seem to have to throw any idea of bluffing out of the window since you know you will almost always get called down.The flaw in this strategy seems to be that it is so dependent on making good hands. What are you supposed to do on those nights you get nothing? It seems too dependent on the actual cards and diminishes any place for skill.What other adjustments can you make besides just waiting to connect with the flop and trap?Thanks.
Why would you try to trap against calling stations?We should be value betting hard and often.
Why would you try to trap against calling stations?We should be value betting hard and often.
lol at me for not reading and thinking before writing. Yea its not about trapping stations with great hands, you just need to bet all of your good hands for value. Thank you for catching that. Too hungover to think or do poker today :club:

I had a good run a few months ago online finding these kind of tables and playing a few at a time, meant I made hands more frequently and stopped me making stupid plays due to bordem or whatever it is that makes us do crazy stuff at the table... maybe I should go back to this as recent form has seen a big old dip in the bank roll.

If you're playing Limit and this frustrates you, play NL or learn to deal with it. If you're playing NL, you need to look at your bet sizing, perhaps, as well as position moves.

Good hands doesnt necasarily mean like full houses and flushes. It means if u have top pair or or u know that u prob have the best hand and ur opponent is calling with nothing, keep value betting.

If you're playing Limit and this frustrates you, play NL or learn to deal with it. If you're playing NL, you need to look at your bet sizing, perhaps, as well as position moves.
Good point here. When you say loose, does this mean that if you increased your bet-sizing that you would still get the same number of callers? Can you thin the callers with more aggressive preflop betting? Otherwise, even if you do only play decent hands, you still have the issue of people drawing out on you a bit too often.No matter what the case, at these kinds of tables, I think you just play the good hands you have and bet for value, knowing that variance will favor you above those who are less selective and overplay their hands.