Announcing The New Ahl Owners

Oh, and one more thing: be careful to lube up when dealing with pulsejet (Shoot Loose) as he's been known to ram it in there pretty hard, lol.
this
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bink! called it 5yrs ago, championship season.

Relax buddy

Yes

Thanks Daniel and Bob for the clarifications. Further questionsIn regards to question 3:Suppose I have Sidney Crosby at $1.00 and he just finished his first yr with me:If he finishes TIER 4, what type of contract extension can I give him, for how long, and how much?If he finishes TIER 5, same questions as above. I understand how the 1st three tiers work. and FML for my guys not having draft picks for not submitting lineups, lol. I can guarantee you this will never happen with my team, lol! As for the submitting who we sign on our team, do we just send an e-mail? So is this not broadcasted to everyone then? And also, can somebody plz tell me who is actually signed on my team past this yr, just because the excel sheets are a little confusing.
Tier 4 would be one year at no increase.Teir 5 are players who didn't play in 10 AHL games and they get a 10% increase and can only be signed for 1 year.
Sorry for all the questions, lol, one more question, where can we see previous trades? Just to get an idea of the current value of things?
If you go to the Transactions section of the AHL Forum all of the trades from last year are in there.
Tier 4 would be one year at no increase.Teir 5 are players who didn't play in 10 AHL games and they get a 10% increase and can only be signed for 1 year.If you go to the Transactions section of the AHL Forum all of the trades from last year are in there.
WARNING TO ALL NEW AHL TEAMSBe careful dealing with Daniel hes cheap and a thief,better off dealing with Serge expecially if you got a leaf(Serge =donkey in poker terms when dealing with hockey pool stuff).
Oh, and one more thing: be careful to lube up when dealing with pulsejet (Shoot Loose) as he's been known to ram it in there pretty hard, lol.
so I shouldnt do $20 in cap space for his 4th rounder?To current AHL owners:Based on my early research, I am going to be looking into trading cap space for high picks/young players/prospects. If you want cap, let me know.

I see the lists on the website for the farm players, but is that already on a spreadsheet somewhere? The spreadsheet with the main rosters is great, just wish there was already one made with farm players.Is there a penalty for trying to draft someone thats already on a roster, or has played more than 10NHL games?

I see the lists on the website for the farm players, but is that already on a spreadsheet somewhere? The spreadsheet with the main rosters is great, just wish there was already one made with farm players.Is there a penalty for trying to draft someone thats already on a roster, or has played more than 10NHL games?
No penalty cause we'll spot it on draft day. As for a list of players, check the Alphabetical Player List. When you have a question about a player, see if he is on a roster using that.
Can somebody tell me if Connoly and Statnsy are on my team? On the contracts page, they are signed, but on the excel sheet, they aren't on my team.
As we discussed on MSN Dale made a mistake and didn't include them on the spreadsheet. They are for sure on the Smugglers old roster.As a suggestion to the new owners any time you have a question about your team or make a trade offer I suggest saying what the old team name was as that will make it easier to figure things out.
They copy and paste pretty well to excel if you want to create your own spreadsheet.
As we discussed on MSN Dale made a mistake and didn't include them on the spreadsheet. They are for sure on the Smugglers old roster.
I really hope Dale made such a mistake or 8 on the Bandits roster! Its official, with that, I officially got the worst team in the AHL. :club: thanks for the tips guys.

Ah, lovely bit of news! Just back in from a few days in the wilds of the Canadian North with no internet, radio, or papers, and find out I have landed the ex-commish's team in the AHL!! As we speak, I have teams of accountants and lawyers poring over the books with the hopes of finding Darrell placed loopholes that will help me build a dynasty! Or, at the very least, not embarass myself.... Best of luck to all the new owners, and thanks to the current AHL for letting me in...

I trust we're allowed to change our team names? Legend Killers sounds menacing and all, but I'd like something a little different.I'm stuck between Desert Storm or Puck Warfare. I'm leaning towards PW as it's a little more hockey like than a desert. I'll join the AHL site later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Just something i noticed with the new owners from the FCHL.In the AHL we dont call it cap space. We call it cash. It maybe the same thing, but its not what we call it.For example if you are looking for cash in 2009-2010 just say CASH.Sorry no big deal , but just a pet peeve of mine.

OK, I've registered a new account at the owners forum. Where do we put our contact info?
there is a thread with contact info
OK, I've registered a new account at the owners forum. Where do we put our contact info?
The names and contact info forum is only visible to members of the pool.I set your AHL forum account so that you can view it now.
Just something i noticed with the new owners from the FCHL.In the AHL we dont call it cap space. We call it cash. It maybe the same thing, but its not what we call it.For example if you are looking for cash in 2009-2010 just say CASH.Sorry no big deal , but just a pet peeve of mine.
In the AHL cap space is different than money.We spend money to sign our teams and use at the draft auction before the season starts. Our cap space is the amount of salaries we can have on our active rosters during the season and can't be traded.