Early Tournament Question

I had a question about my turn bet decision. The hand is as follows:Second Level in the Pokerstars daily 70k. (15-30)On the button (Seat 9) I get AsKd - 3015 stackMiddle/Late position (Seat 6) raises to $180 - 5160 stackI call and big blind callsPot - 555*** FLOP *** [Ah 9h 7d]Big blind checks and Seat 6 bets 180.I want to see if he has a flush draw so I raise to 500Big blind foldsSeat 6 calls.Pot - 1555*** TURN *** [Ah 9h 7d] [Jc]Seat 6 checks which confirms my "I have a flush draw and that didnt really help me"I have 2335 left... What should I have bet to get him to fold If my read is right and he has a lower pair and a flush draw? I know I am 70% to win but this early in a tournament I just want to take it down not and not gamble on the River Flush...I didnt see to much of his play prior to this... but seeing he already almost doubled I assume hes a calling station.Outcome was he had QhJh and the river came a J giving him trips. I know it was an unlucky beat and I'm probably just mulling over it but im curious what people would do.Thanks,Jeff

I probably bet about 3/4 of the pot (1200) on the turn, I don't figure he has 8 10 with a preflop bet, if he comes over the top I gotta hope he doesn't have A9, AJ, 99 or 77.

I think you played that hand pretty well given the known information you had. The sizable bet after the flop should have chased him out.....raise it a little more and maybe you could have taken it. But he was looking at about 9 outs, which you noted, and made the pot odds hard for him to call. But he wanted to gamble. The J gave 2 more out, and probably made him a little crazy at having anything hit with two face cards. AK can be hard to play, but I think you played it by the text, just got a bad break.....that's poker.

Yeah, I think the same... I ended up betting about pot which left me with under 1k left... he called and the jack fell... I bet my last 700 or so since i was committed since no heart but thinking i may have been burned...Oh well... Next time, Thanks,Jeff

I think you played that hand pretty well given the known information you had. The sizable bet after the flop should have chased him out.....raise it a little more and maybe you could have taken it. But he was looking at about 9 outs, which you noted, and made the pot odds hard for him to call. But he wanted to gamble. The J gave 2 more out, and probably made him a little crazy at having anything hit with two face cards. AK can be hard to play, but I think you played it by the text, just got a bad break.....that's poker.
I think the J gave him 5 more outs as it put the Q in play also.After the turn he's got 9 hearts, 3 Queens, and 2 Jacks to hit (assuming none of his outs are burnt, but since it is early in the trny, and all seats are likely still occupied, you would have to assume that some are so maybe he is a 3-1 underdog with maybe 11-12 outs at most). So the pot is 1500+ if you bet half the pot or less it's giving him the right odds to call.
Yeah, I think the same... I ended up betting about pot which left me with under 1k left... he called and the jack fell... I bet my last 700 or so since i was committed since no heart but thinking i may have been burned...Oh well... Next time, Thanks,Jeff
You should just shove for more fold equity if you want to take the pot down at all cost. Especially if you intend to to stack off by the end of the hand because of your short stack anyway.Beside that... re-raise preflop?
Yeah, I think the same... I ended up betting about pot which left me with under 1k left... he called and the jack fell... I bet my last 700 or so since i was committed since no heart but thinking i may have been burned...
This is why you shove the turn. You've got so little left in relation to the size of the pot that it's all going in on the river anyway. So if you really want to take it down on the turn, put max pressure on him.

yah i 3-bet preflop makes the hand a little easier to play out correctly in my book and agree with above shovel turn