Evolution Jeopardy

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then don't read it? BG asked for it, someone decided to do it and now you are giving away answers. God is unhappy with you.
and this was the first one I actually knew.I knew the range on the first one, obviously guessed the second, and let everyone know, missed the next two and finally knew one for sure and brv almost ruins it for me.If the judges change the question to something about some other obscure history of evolution question I am going to pray for a cold spell in the midwest I can tell you.
Balloon Guy: 600Potpourri: 800This is the name scientists have given to the most recent matrilineal ancestor of all living humans.
What is Cro Magnum man?
What is Cro Magnum man?
HAHa missed that by a mile.. I almost said Lucy which would have been closer, but I was thinking it was a class of species, not an individual. Figures evolutionary scientist would have to invent whole new words to describe their pretend religion sciecne i before e EXCEPT after c
Incorrect. The correct response, Who is Mitochondrial Eve? Balloon Guy: -600
Of course..she used to date that guy on the Ryan's Hope. That Eve name is catchy..where'd they get that one?Ohh that's right, the Bible told us her name was EVE..I guess the authors of Genesis WAS a first hand witness..or did he just pull the name EVE out of thin air?Ohh sick burn on your heads.

Potpourri: 1000Facial dimples are a dominant trait. A man is heterozygous for this trait. A woman is heterozygous for this trait. If they reproduce together, this is the probability that a child of theirs will possess dimples.

Almost forgot who you were there didn't you?
Don't know what you're talking about.
Of course..she used to date that guy on the Ryan's Hope. That Eve name is catchy..where'd they get that one?Ohh that's right, the Bible told us her name was EVE..I guess the authors of Genesis WAS a first hand witness..or did he just pull the name EVE out of thin air?Ohh sick burn on your heads.
Didn't notice that the father of genetics was a christian monk, did you? You guys shot yourselves in the foot.
Potpourri: 1000Facial dimples are a dominant trait. A man is heterozygous for this trait. A woman is heterozygous for this trait. If they reproduce together, this is the probability that a child of theirs will possess dimples.
I would say fair...to good.I'm sorry. What is; I would say fair...to good...which is about 25%?
Didn't notice that the father of genetics was a christian monk, did you? You guys shot yourselves in the foot.
I would bet that its a good guess to assume that the father of all branches of science were Christians...we're the ones always pushing for education and actually build schools and universities. Unlike another group of people who will remain nameless at this moment.Hermaphrodites..there I said it
Love this game.
It is absurdly obvious that you are Alex Trebek.Edit: That's already been said enough times I guess, and you're probably just pretending that you're him anyways.bitchin.jpg
He reminds me of that little on Little House on the Praire who's dad owned the general store. The ugly one with pigtails who always looked down on the other children, not realizing that she was the biggest douche in the town.
You...watched that show?
Is VB one of the judges? Because I would've thought that he would clearly say there is a difference between thinking you're right about something, but being wrong and admitting you don't know the answer. Like, a huge difference.Maybe you should have three scoring categories: points earned, points lost, points passed. If you need some sort of spreadsheet to track this, I know a guy.
Mm hmm.
This is a great question...more should be like this as opposed to naming scientists. Stick to quizzing about the mechanics of evolution, since he claims to understand it even though he doesn't believe it could actually work.
I would bet that its a good guess to assume that the father of all branches of science were Christians...we're the ones always pushing for education and actually build schools and universities.
It's true, you guys are quite progressive.
This is a great question...more should be like this as opposed to naming scientists. Stick to quizzing about the mechanics of evolution, since he claims to understand it even though he doesn't believe it could actually work.
I second this. Although I'm sure Alex and the judges are just having difficulty forcing some of these concepts into Jeopardy format, and the Potpourri category is the most "trivia" of all the categories. But what do I know.
I would say fair...to good.I'm sorry. What is; I would say fair...to good...which is about 25%?
Correct!Balloon Guy: 400Well that was our first commercial break, now it is time to get to know our contestant a little bit better. Mr. Guy, it says here that you have a fascination with latex. Can you tell us how that began?
Correct!Balloon Guy: 400Well that was our first commercial break, now it is time to get to know our contestant a little bit better. Mr. Guy, it says here that you have a fascination with latex. Can you tell us how that began?
Sure Alex, Let's pretend you care one whit about me while I face the camera and answer your question and try to ignore that you are primping in front of the mirror. Oh I'm sorry, what is: Sure Alex, Let's pretend you care one whit about me while I face the camera and answer your question and try to ignore that you are primping in front of the mirror.So my wife used to like to torture me by selling things at her flower shop that she couldn't do, like balloon drops and arches, so eventually I found that not only am I a very fast tier of latex balloon, but I also like marking things up 1,000%+Hence balloons and me, and on every decorating job there are many vendors; lighting guys, prop guys, set up guys, musicians etc. The balloon person was so far down the food chain of special event decorating that no one ever deemed to learn his/her name, so I was known by most people as: Balloon Guy. But I didn't want to ruin a good thing, so I shut my mouth, did my job and accepted my place in life. All while plotting my plan to take over the education system of the world and force religion down the throats of thier kids...or grandkids seeing as how I haven't really been up on the whole master plan for a while now.How are you Alex? What made you want to be a person who sits on the sidelines of life and contributes nothing to society but a superior atitude while you read the answers that someone else helped you to pronounce for 30 minutes before each show?

Very interesting story. But I'll be asking the questions here. I mean, I'll be putting up the answ... never mind. Here's how the board looks: Basics----- Terminology-----Genetics ---- Human Evolution-----Potpourri----200-------------200---------------200-----------------200-------------------200---------400-------------400---------------400-----------------400-------------------400---------600-------------600---------------600-----------------600-------------------600---------800-------------800---------------800-----------------800-------------------800--------1000------------1000-------------1000----------------1000------------------1000----Please make your next selection.

Human evolution: 600Many of the structures deep within the human brain are shared across the animal kingdom. The more recently evolved parts of the brain which contribute to our highest cognitive functions cover the older parts which handle more basic biological functions. threebrains.gifIn the image above, the red represents neural structures that humans share with this group of animals ( the largest but correct group from the choices: Primates, Mammals, Reptiles, Arthropods, Invertebrates. )