Evolution Jeopardy

Potpourri 200This was the name of the ship Charles Darwin sailed on for his famous voyage.
Tip of my tounge Alex..but I couldn't think of it. Going to pass and go Pot Pour Eya for 400
  • Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Balloon Guy: 400Potpourri 400This 19th century monk described the principles of heredity based on his experiments with garden peas.
WHOAAOOAOOAAAA there Alex....Clearly in Jeopardy if you don't buzz in and try to answer, you don't lose points....I think I want a judge's ruling here. Could you aks him to rule on this please?????
WHOAAOOAOOAAAA there Alex....Clearly in Jeopardy if you don't buzz in and try to answer, you don't lose points....I think I want a judge's ruling here. Could you aks him to rule on this please?????
Well that's a very good point you raise, unfortunately since you are the only contestant there's not really going to be a difference between a wrong answer and a non-answer. They both mean you don't know. Nevertheless, we are going to consult with the judges.....
Well that's a very good point you raise, unfortunately since you are the only contestant there's not really going to be a difference between a wrong answer and a non-answer. They both mean you don't know. Nevertheless, we are going to consult with the judges.....
ONE TIME

Ah, Im sorry. (pronounced soar-ee). The judges have ruled that you will lose points for every response which is not the correct question. Potpourri 400This 19th century monk described the principles of heredity based on his experiments with garden peas.

Ah, Im sorry. (pronounced soar-ee). The judges have ruled that you will lose points for every response which is not the correct question.
Dang it..did you ask nice at least? Or snarky like you are on TV?
Potpourri 400This 19th century monk described the principles of heredity based on his experiments with garden peas.
Who is Brother Eugene?

Basics----- Terminology-----Genetics ---- Human Evolution-----Potpourri----200-------------200---------------200-----------------200-------------------200---------400-------------400---------------400-----------------400-------------------400---------600-------------600---------------600-----------------600-------------------600---------800-------------800---------------800-----------------800-------------------800--------1000------------1000-------------1000----------------1000------------------1000----ScoreBalloon Guy: 0

Alex, I think there's a huge difference between a wrong answer and not knowing.E.g., This is a good household cleaner mix.What is ammonia and bleach? vs.I don't know.
since you are the only contestant there's not really going to be a difference between a wrong answer and a non-answer.
Is VB one of the judges? Because I would've thought that he would clearly say there is a difference between thinking you're right about something, but being wrong and admitting you don't know the answer. Like, a huge difference.Maybe you should have three scoring categories: points earned, points lost, points passed. If you need some sort of spreadsheet to track this, I know a guy.
Is VB one of the judges? Because I would've thought that he would clearly say there is a difference between thinking you're right about something, but being wrong and admitting you don't know the answer. Like, a huge difference.Maybe you should have three scoring categories: points earned, points lost, points passed. If you need some sort of spreadsheet to track this, I know a guy.
He has to be penalized for not knowing, that is the whole point of this exercise. If he can just choose not to answer whenever he doesn't know, then we'll never get the satisfaction of seeing him drop so far into the red that he can't dig himself out. Plus, it's more fun when he's forced to guess and we get to see just how far off he is.
He has to be penalized for not knowing, that is the whole point of this exercise. If he can just choose not to answer whenever he doesn't know, then we'll never get the satisfaction of seeing him drop so far into the red that he can't dig himself out. Plus, it's more fun when he's forced to guess and we get to see just how far off he is.
I hate that I agree with this
No, that's incorrect. The correct response, Who was Gregor Mendel? The balloon man drops back to zero. Balloon Guy: 0
I thought Mendel was the Nazi guy....oh..that makes sense...never mindLet's go with Pot Pou eya until it's done, save that step of me having to ask..so finish Pot Pour eya and then I'll pick a different catagory
Potpourri: 600This best describes the shape of the DNA molecule.
These questions are stupid. No one knows this stuff. I actually mean just the opposite... except for my first sentence... that's still true, you twisty ladder double helix motherfuckers.
BRVHEART DONT GIVE THE ANSWERS AWAY!There will a range of difficulty, I'm sure. Gotta throw him a couple bones before slamming him with the hard ones.
Every single question has been impossible.... er... I mean, a bone.Next question:Who invented Eli Whitney?WHAT IS THE COTTON GIN!?
Every single question has been impossible.... er... I mean, a bone.Next question:Who invented Eli Whitney?WHAT IS THE COTTON GIN!?
Then don't read it? BG asked for it, someone decided to do it and now you are giving away answers. God is unhappy with you.
Potpourri: 600This best describes the shape of the DNA molecule.
What is a pair of twisting ladder shapes rotating around themselves?Or a Helix..which is my favorite cigar btw The 6x52 torpedo shape...good smoke at a fair price. Plus I actually won the 'Write a slogan' contest they gave. They were offering a year's supply of Helix cigars to the best slogan....I wrote this:In the box of BlueWe present to youA smoke so fineIt will blow your mind.I won the contest..and asked them to ship me all the cigars at once since I had access to a large walk in humidor at a friend's business. They sent me 11 boxes. Which is a weird number, eleven boxes. Also it is not a year's supply, they lasted 6 months. Anyway, that was a couple years ago, and they never did use that slogan I wrote. Which is too bad, because I wrote it as a joke because Fine and Mind don't even rhyme lolololol ...........the FOOLS!