Majority Of Americans Believe Health Care Reform 'myths'

Again, good job not making yourself look intellectually inferior.
inferior...to this group, sorry not gonna happen
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To go straight to the chapter and verse: under Section 59(B)(a) of HR3200, the bill making its way through the House, and Section 151 of the bill that passed out of a Senate committee, every American would be required to buy health insurance.
enable_emoticons.png
For one, the notion that other countries get better results is just plain false. If you measure on a condition by condition basis, results in the US are FAR better.
my understanding is that the infant mortality rate in the u.s. is higher than any other developed nation.
my understanding is that the infant mortality rate in the u.s. is higher than any other developed nation.
Henry has exausted that subject in several other threads. In a nutshell, it is our advanced medical care that causes us to have a higher mortality rate. I don't know the details so I will let Henry take it from here.
Yes. You said that. But I asked for proof that the belief that the following is a "Myth", Lie, untruth, or even incorrect:
You don't need to prove that something is wrong, you need to prove that something is right. If you believe that it's a myth, you gotta explain why.Are you one of those who believe in the christian god because nobody can prove he doesn't exist?
The short version is that most other developed nations don't count premie babies in their totals, despite that we have the technology to keep babies as young as 25 weeks old alive in many cases (full term is 37-40 weeks). These babies have a much higher rate of infant mortality (obviously), and including them will obviously increase your overall rate of deaths.
The short version is that most other developed nations don't count premie babies in their totals, despite that we have the technology to keep babies as young as 25 weeks old alive in many cases (full term is 37-40 weeks). These babies have a much higher rate of infant mortality (obviously), and including them will obviously increase your overall rate of deaths.
ah... that makes a whole lot of sense.
In fact, my middle son was born at 23 weeks and is now healthy and happy. He spent his first four months in the hospital. One of his nurses was from Canada, she said she moved here because she was tired of seeing all the death of preemies up there.In Canada, if they are born at 23 weeks, they die and count as an incomplete pregnancy. In the US we try to save them and they live about 50% of the time. The 50% that don't make it count as infant mortality. In Canada, they don't.This is why the supporters of socialized medicine piss me off so much. Sorry, but I'll take my 50% chance of having my middle child over your right to pretend that medicine is free anyday.And normally I'm pretty civil, but if you disagree, **** YOU.
You don't need to prove that something is wrong, you need to prove that something is right. If you believe that it's a myth, you gotta explain why.
Dude. I'm not claiming that something is a myth.
Are you one of those who believe in the christian god because nobody can prove he doesn't exist?
Have I said that is part of my belief system, or are you making an assumption about me?
In fact, my middle son was born at 23 weeks and is now healthy and happy. He spent his first four months in the hospital. One of his nurses was from Canada, she said she moved here because she was tired of seeing all the death of preemies up there.In Canada, if they are born at 23 weeks, they die and count as an incomplete pregnancy. In the US we try to save them and they live about 50% of the time. The 50% that don't make it count as infant mortality. In Canada, they don't.This is why the supporters of socialized medicine piss me off so much. Sorry, but I'll take my 50% chance of having my middle child over your right to pretend that medicine is free anyday.And normally I'm pretty civil, but if you disagree, **** YOU.
I know you're passionate about this but do you actually have any study that shows this as I only recall you ever using this one comment from a nurse to make your position.My guess for the main reason the US has a higher infant mortality rate is mainly the fact that you're all fat. Mothers who are older, fatter and diabetic have more premature babies and premature babies don't do as well as full term ones. The rate of premature births in Canada is going up a lot as more older Mothers are giving birth and as more high risk Mothers who are diabetic are as well.That and the fact that 147 billion Americans don't have health insurance so lower and middle class Mothers aren't getting the care from Doctors before giving birth like women in communist countries like Canada do.

because the 47 million uninsured(yes i'll even give you the 47 number that isn't really even legitimate) contribute such a significant portion of the baby population(? population?)If you are uninsured and have a baby, thats your fault, you might want to think about getting things together a bit more first.

My guess for the main reason the US has a higher infant mortality rate is mainly the fact that you're all fat
THIS. I lol'd irl because its so true