No More Johnny Walker Black For Me

Black is decent. It's overprices, but I am a snob and still drink it. If I go someplace with a disappointing open bar, Maker's and JB black are generally the "yeah, that's fine" whisky choices.

And green label is better than blue imo. I don't knock a mutt malt.

I generally drink bourbon though, because I am a patriot.

1605.jpg

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The guy's going to die a painful death from pancreatic cancer. Nothing's going to stop that. If he's in jail at the time or elsewhere, it doesn't really matter. His sentence has been given down by

Reasonable comparison.

You wanna know something disgusting about me? If I'm just getting ****ed up, I often will drink Old Grand Dad. It's deliciously hearty, and cheaper than something overly light, like Four Roses Yellow Label.

I don't patronize Starbucks (because I don't like to overpay for a product that's essentially nothing more than a ticket to sit inside a club filled with people who disgust me). Carry permits and open carriers, however...

1) 50%. People who carry to be prepared. Perhaps they were a victim of a violent crime, perhaps they're just experienced enough in life to realize how ****ing dangerous this world can be but these are the people who are a huge asset. They're the good guys; the ones you want around if the bad guys come. Bless #1's. .

2) 25%. Walter Mitty's. Fantasists, general paranoids, prone to martial and weapon fetishism. Not nessacarily as even-keeled as #1's, but rarely are they dangerous to other people and indeed, they would confront a bad guy or come to someones aid who was being threatened not nessacarily because their moral framework dictates it, but because they're enamored with the idea of being 'the hero'. I'm not too fond of these guys, I wouldn't hang out with them, but they're not that bad.

3) 20%. People who carry on the basis of some articulable need, but are otherwise uninterested in guns. You won't find them obsessing over guns in firearm forums, they don't even give two ****s about guns in general other than occupational hazzards demand they carry one. Perhaps they drive a taxi or they're a jeweler, maybe they worki in terrible neighborhoods or maybe they're the night manager who has to lock it up with a bank-bag full of cash. Their main interest in firearms is making sure its loaded and within reach. That's about it.

4) 5%.The psuedo tough guys. The ones who don't have what it takes to win a fistfight, but they want to keep running their mouths like a toughguy, so they get a carry permit as a buttress to their inherently impotent manhood. These ****ers, I hate. They incite trouble, then rely on their trusty carry piece to threaten to (or actually) manslaughter their way out of it. George Zimmerman is a great recent example but you see them in bars, in 'road rage' incidents, too. We all wish we could get rid of them, but they are an unavoidable consequence of any system that allows 'the public' in the door.

The worst enemy of gun rights isn't mass shooters.

It's #2's and #4's- perhaps 30% of CCW holders in total, but 100% of "open carriers".

They paint an incredibly ugly portrait of gun rights advocates... and now, we have provocatuers "open carrying" with video cameras rolling, just to see who they can incite. It's a bad, bad scene fellas.

I don't know why but this made me think of people who want to open carry.

The Daily Show ‏@TheDailyShow 50m

#TDSBreakingNews Swedish court: Public masturbation not a crime. Sweden Tourism Board immediately updates its website's "To Do" section.

dONT UNDERSTAND why starbucks would want to weigh in on a social issue that can only piss off a percentage of their clientele. Im not familiar wih the backstory, were they having an issue at their stores with gun carriers?

Open carry proponents were as a political statement in some places visiting stores while carrying and thanking them for allowing them to enter their stores while carrying so the issue in a sense was forced onto Starbucks and since most people have a rational reaction of uneasiness when they see somebody with a gun Starbucks has asked them to stop.

It's always disconcerting when I see a cop with a gun right there on his hip but that's not why I make it a habit to avoid any and all interaction, including walking on the same side of the street or even eye contact, with the fuzz.

Open carry is dumb though.

1) 50%. People who carry to be prepared. Perhaps they were a victim of a violent crime, perhaps they're just experienced enough in life to realize how ****ing dangerous this world can be but these are the people who are a huge asset. They're the good guys; the ones you want around if the bad guys come. Bless #1's. .

This group sums me up, but I don't carry everyday. I wish I did, but it's very inconvenient and uncomfortable for me, haven't found the right combo of pistol and holster to make it an everyday thing. Firearms are also banned by my workplace which means a lot of "into the pocket, out of the pocket, back into the pocket again" coming in and out of work. I don't make use of my right as much as I feel I should, but to be honest most of my days involve me leaving my house to walk to my truck, driving to the office, walking in, walking out, driving home and walking into the house...not a whole lot of implied danger in any of that.

I carry when I'm going into an area that makes me uncomfortable (city at night, basically), and I don't do that very often anymore...maybe once a month at most. I know too many people who have been jumped and mugged walking to their cars from the bar to walk around in the dark without my little .38 in my hip pocket.

Not big on open carry at all...I can't come up with any set of circumstances why it would make sense for me to do that or to want to do that. I purposefully buy holsters that diminish the print of a weapon so it's more concealed...open carrying would be completely contrary to how I think and would make me uncomfortable in addition to making everyone I come into contact with uncomfortable, it's just asking for unnecessary issues.

I'm also not big on political statements or waving your rights in the face of authority...I shake my head at people who videotape themselves at police checkpoints spending 20 minutes arguing about their right not to answer questions or be detained when they could spend 30 seconds cooperating and then be on their way...I'm not a fan of baiting or provoking unnecessary conflict and to me, that's most of what open carrying is anymore.

I shake my head at people who videotape themselves at police checkpoints spending 20 minutes arguing about their right not to answer questions or be detained when they could spend 30 seconds cooperating and then be on their way...I'm not a fan of baiting or provoking unnecessary conflict and to me, that's most of what open carrying is anymore.

I know nothing about the issue but this sounds like something I'd completely agree with