No More Johnny Walker Black For Me

Guess I'll have that Scotch now.
Cheers, but try something better than Black Label,I'm having some Aberlour A'Bunadh cask strenght, it's an increadable whisky, have a couple bottles of Ardbeg as well, might have some later.
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The guy's going to die a painful death from pancreatic cancer. Nothing's going to stop that. If he's in jail at the time or elsewhere, it doesn't really matter. His sentence has been given down by

Reasonable comparison.

Cheers, but try something better than Black Label,I'm having some Aberlour A'Bunadh cask strenght, it's an increadable whisky, have a couple bottles of Ardbeg as well, might have some later.
I know. I just like the blends more than Singles. I really should just stick with bourbon. All I have int the Liquor cabinet is Macallan and Glenfiddich. I opted for the Macallan.
  • 1 year later...

I'll make up for it by starting to go there. That's about the most reasonable thing I've ever read. Plus I hear the iced tea is good there.

How dare they request things! Outrage!

First let me say that most "Open Carryers" are trolls and provacateurs looking to provoke. I've never open carried.

But Schultz is trying to play the middle. By making a "policy" he is in fact choosing political sides. The earlier policy of allowing people to behave according to local laws was fine. But now he is saying that some people are uncomfortable with other people's legal actions and therefore he doesn't want them to carry in his stores. That's fine. His prerogative. But it does take sides in who he and his company support in the debate.

Pro gun activists put him in this position. They were affecting the company's carefully crafted image of neutrality on the issue. They were trying to make Starbucks appear to take sides (and, you know, intentionally annoying their customers).

So, they are making a course correction while still not infringing on anyone's rights because its merely a request, not a requirement.

I think your issue seems to be that Howard Schultz probably doesn't like guns or gun activists much. Or that he seemed offended by the suggestion/implication that Starbucks supports open carry.

So, if the owner of Chick-fil-a said: "Openly gay customers aren't banned, but are unwelcome because you make some of our customers uncomfortable." You'd be fine with that and wouldn't think gay led boycotts were silly?

So, if the owner of Chick-fil-a said: "Openly gay customers aren't banned, but are unwelcome because you make some of our customers uncomfortable." You'd be fine with that and wouldn't think gay led boycotts were silly?

You know the difference between an animate object and inanimate object, right? And the difference between a person and an animal? Should pet owners boycott stores that don't allow pets inside? I'm hoping the above is not serious for all our sakes.

You know the difference between an animate object and inanimate object, right? And the difference between a person and an animal? Should pet owners boycott stores that don't allow pets inside? I'm hoping the above is not serious for all our sakes.

Nice try. I hope you're the one who isn't serious.

Nice try. I hope you're the one who isn't serious.

Declaring a thing unwelcome is now the same as declaring a person unwelcome in gun-nut land. Good to know. Guess we have finally unlocked the mystery of why Pot Odds likes guns so much; they double as his imaginary (real!) friends with feelings as acute as people.

Some "jokes":

A guy was out walking his dog. He spotted a groovy looking clothes store. He attempted to enter the store but the manager informed him that pets were discouraged from entering the premises. The man said "what, I have to leave my dog at home to come buy clothes or you will request I don't come in? What is this communist Russia? You just cost yourself a sale, comrade." He then organized a boycott of the store with the help of the ASPCA and all was right with the world.

A rifle and a handgun walk into a bar. The rifle says "Did you hear Starbucks requested that guns not be brought into their stores anymore? Isn't that ridiculous? Aren't you offended?" The handgun said nothing because it's a gun and it can't think, feel feelings or get offended.

Declaring a thing unwelcome is now the same as declaring a person unwelcome in gun-nut land. Good to know. Guess we have finally unlocked the mystery of why Pot Odds likes guns so much; they double as his imaginary (real!) friends with feelings as acute as people.

Interesting how often you decide to turn into a prick and make things personal when you start to fail to make a persuasive argument.

Some "jokes":

A guy was out walking his dog. He spotted a groovy looking clothes store. He attempted to enter the store but the manager informed him that pets were discouraged from entering the premises. The man said "what, I have to leave my dog at home to come buy clothes or you will request I don't come in? What is this communist Russia? You just cost yourself a sale, comrade." He then organized a boycott of the store with the help of the ASPCA and all was right with the world.

A rifle and a handgun walk into a bar. The rifle says "Did you hear Starbucks requested that guns not be brought into their stores anymore? Isn't that ridiculous? Aren't you offended?" The handgun said nothing because it's a gun and it can't think, feel feelings or get offended.

Guess we now know that Cane views dogs and gays as pretty much the same thing.

Guess we now know that Cane views dogs and gays as pretty much the same thing.

No, if you read my original statement, I specifically made it clear I don't think gays and dogs are the same thing. Though both are more important than guns.

How can anyone not be a prick in the face of the dumbest logical imaginable. I have a good friend who is gay and a cousin who is gay. I'm offended on their behalf in regards to your stupidity and terrible logic. If you don't like it, feel free to block me. As the only third party to contribute so far made clear, you are the one making arguments that not only are not persuasive but, imo, are extremely offensive.

I don't really have any interest in rational discourse with someone who thinks Starbucks asking me to leave my gun at home if I want their coffee is the same as chick-fil-a asking me to leave my homosexual friend at home if I want their chicken.

No, if you read my original statement, I specifically made it clear I don't think gays and dogs are the same thing. Though both are more important than guns.

How can anyone not be a prick in the face of the dumbest logical imaginable. I have a good friend who is gay and a cousin who is gay. I'm offended on their behalf in regards to your stupidity and terrible logic. If you don't like it, feel free to block me. As the only third party to contribute so far made clear, you are the one making arguments that not only are not persuasive but, imo, are extremely offensive.

I don't really have any interest in rational discourse with someone who thinks Starbucks asking me to leave my gun at home if I want their coffee is the same as chick-fil-a asking me to leave my homosexual friend at home if I want their chicken.

Hey, you're the one who equated gays to dogs, not me.

If a corporation wants to take political sides by stating that people are not welcome to express their rights and freedoms on their property, that is their prerogative. Do I think that a person's right to be gay is more important than the right to bear arms? Yeah, I do. Hopefully Federal and State laws and constitutions will protect that right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. But if you can't see the parallel between Chick-fil-a stating that openly gay people are not welcome because they make other patrons uncomfortable and Starbucks saying the same about open carry - well then you're not worth the air used to debate the issues.

And for the record, I do think it is silly and, frankly rude for some one to open carry, especially in an urban setting. I also think it is silly and rude to be offended by it. Sort of like PDAs or swearing in public. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you have to do it.

But if you can't see the parallel between Chick-fil-a stating that openly gay people are not welcome because they make other patrons uncomfortable and Starbucks saying the same about open carry - well then you're not worth the air used to debate the issues.

PNYRZ.gif

• Like 1

When I'm in line to pay $3 for my shitty, burnt coffee and maybe grab Michael Buble Christmas album, nothing comforts me more than knowing that if some black guy tries to rob the place, the hick behind me may very well pull out his own gun, thus calming the situation down.

I think conservatives should retool the civil rights bill such that it excludes all that crap about businesses having to serve niggers, and focuses mostly on making sure white people can cling to their dangerous and delusional cowboy fantasies for an extra 4 minutes in the morning.

Also, seriously, don't drink Starbucks. It's literally worse than Dunkin Donuts.

• Like 1

When I'm in line to pay $3 for my shitty, burnt coffee and maybe grab Michael Buble Christmas album, nothing comforts me more than knowing that if some black guy tries to rob the place, the hick behind me may very well pull out his own gun, thus calming the situation down.

I think conservatives should retool the civil rights bill such that it excludes all that crap about businesses having to serve niggers, and focuses mostly on making sure white people can cling to their dangerous and delusional cowboy fantasies for an extra 4 minutes in the morning.

Also, seriously, don't drink Starbucks. It's literally worse than Dunkin Donuts.

I know. But did you see the original "boycott" in this thread? Johnny Walker Black. Seriously. Not even a single malt. At times I can be a culinary heathen. Starbucks may be the JWB of coffee - but I like them both.