antonio's trip queens on nhupc

...I just want to say that if it were possible, I'd make the following decree:"Nobody going by the assumed name 'Makavelli' or any other bastard spelling of 'Machiavelli'' may shorten said alias to 'Mak.' Let it be so."IcePS- I'm aware that I constantly shorten my semi-juvenile handle, but that's different. Because it is.

Guest XXEddie

i did not see the hand but I did hear about itthe funny thing is, if Fischman had a boat or just flat out had Antonio beat and he foldedyoud be talking about whata great folded it was

...I just want to say that if it were possible, I'd make the following decree:"Nobody going by the assumed name 'Makavelli' or any other censored spelling of 'Machiavelli'' may shorten said alias to 'Mak.' Let it be so."IcePS- I'm aware that I constantly shorten my semi-juvenile handle, but that's different. Because it is.
I decree that you bite my ass.Answer the question, or shut the **** up. -Makav
i did not see the hand but I did hear about itthe funny thing is, if Fischman had a boat or just flat out had Antonio beat and he foldedyoud be talking about whata great folded it was
yeah, but he didn't, and it wasn't. It was just (at least as shown on TV) an incredibly bizare laydown, and I wondered if anyone had an intelligent comment on the actual hand that actually happened.
Was this just a terrible lay down? Can anyone justify Antonio's laydown to fischman's raise on the river? DN, I'd love to hear your input.-Mak
Need justification? He won the match! j/k. For Fischman to raise there, Antonio has to put him on at least a straight, put probably a boat. Also, his kicker was only a 5 there, so there aren't a lot of hands that he can beat with that raise. The only thing he could beat was a bluff. What's the old saying? "If you've never folded a winner..."
...I just want to say that if it were possible, I'd make the following decree:"Nobody going by the assumed name 'Makavelli' or any other censored spelling of 'Machiavelli'' may shorten said alias to 'Mak.' Let it be so."IcePS- I'm aware that I constantly shorten my semi-juvenile handle, but that's different. Because it is.
I decree that you bite my ass.Answer the question, or shut the censored up. -Makav
Haha, I'd much rather make fun of you, though.Ice
Was this just a terrible lay down? Can anyone justify Antonio's laydown to fischman's raise on the river? DN, I'd love to hear your input.-Mak
Need justification? He won the match! j/k. For Fischman to raise there, Antonio has to put him on at least a straight, put probably a boat. Also, his kicker was only a 5 there, so there aren't a lot of hands that he can beat with that raise. The only thing he could beat was a bluff. What's the old saying? "If you've never folded a winner..."
Was there a straight out there? I didn't see that.

He also made a lay down against another player when he had a 6 high straight(6 in his hand, 2345 on the board), the other player moved in when he bet the river, he promptly layed down. The only hand that could beat him was 67. I was amazed by those two tight folds he made, yet he was still able to take out his opponents.

He also made a lay down against another player when he had a 6 high straight(6 in his hand, 2345 on the board), the other player moved in when he bet the river, he promptly layed down. The only hand that could beat him was 67. I was amazed by those two tight folds he made, yet he was still able to take out his opponents.
I'm not sure what the stack sizes were or how much was in the pot, but I thought that was a reasonable laydown. Basically he is either getting a split pot or going broke on that hand as the other player wouldn't move all-in in that situation with at least a 6. It is a tough laydown but I'm sure he felt he could lay that down and still outplay and beat his opponent.

I believe there was a substatial amout in the pot because antonio flopped a pair and gut shot, he bet the flop, hit the straight on the turn and bet it, then bet decent size on the river and folded to an all in. Im not sure if thats completely accurate but I believe so.There was quite a chunk in there, Id say 20 percent of his stack, it seems extremely cautious to fold. This brings me to a tangent though. WE NEED MORE DETAILS ON/IN POKER TOURNAMENTS. I believe poker tourneys should be displayed with the same detail that you get in online games. Id like to see a graphic of everyones chip count, a constant graphic of whats in the pot and what the current bet is. I hate this about most of the televised tourneys, theyll tell you someone is betting 12K, but you have no idea how big that bet that is in relation to his stack size/the pot/ his opponents stack sizes. This is particularly annoying when watching the heads up poker championship.EOT