Nl Internet Kids And Horse

Recently I've been talking to some young, excellent NL players that are trying to learn HORSE... my goodness it's funny! They are so in tune and on the ball with NL, but a simple stud 8 scenario seems so much harder for them to grasp then it should. I'm talking really smart kids, but for some reason they have like a mental block with HORSE. I quiz them from time to time and the answers are often so outlandish I have to hold back my laughter, lol. I guarantee when I'm done with them, though, they'll totally get it. They are already starting to understand the logic behind what I'm saying, but it's stuff I need to tell them or they won't get it on their own. It's fun for me :-)

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recently I've been talking to some young, excellent NL players that are trying to learn HORSE... my goodness it's funny! They are so in tune and on the ball with NL, but a simple stud 8 scenario seems so much harder for them to grasp then it should. I'm talking really smart kids, but for some reason they have like a mental block with HORSE. I quiz them from time to time and the answers are often so outlandish I have to hold back my laughter, lol. I guarantee when I'm done with them, though, they'll totally get it. They are already starting to understand the logic behind what I'm saying, but it's stuff I need to tell them or they won't get it on their own. It's fun for me :-)
So post the questions you quiz them with? Not all of us internet kids are bad at mixed games you know.
So post the questions you quiz them with? Not all of us internet kids are bad at mixed games you know.

Daniel,Please dont tap the fish tank.The short handed limit games, along with the HORSE and 8 game games at Stars have been phenomenal.Although I dont play high stakes.

okay don't leave us hanging quiz us Daniel? do it like the WPT one in the blog?
OK let's walk through one of the hands he played: Stud 8 3 handed he is the bring in with (JJ) 2. A Ks completes and a Qc calls. What do you do there?
All in?
OK let's walk through one of the hands he played: Stud 8 3 handed he is the bring in with (JJ) 2. A Ks completes and a Qc calls. What do you do there?
Wouldnt raise here completely reveal what you have? Prob call?...

fold, with both a K and a Q showing on board they both can beat your J's unless you are going to raise and take a stab at a 4th or 5th street hoping to catch a 3rd J. don't forget they have 2 hidden cards, which could have a K or Q hidden that beats your J's. or a higher pair like acesI would fold