I don't care if this should go somewhere else. Screw you. I even wrote out the whole title just to piss someone off.If you haven't seen this movie, and I'm sure that too many of you haven't, you need to watch it asap. Incredible.Watch this trailer. I dare you to not be entertained.It would not be difficult, Mein Führer- heh, I'm sorry, Mr. President -Peter Sellers is unbelievably awesome.

If somebody forced me to say what my all time favourite movie is this would be it.President Merkin Muffley: Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!

Probably one the funniest movies ever made, seriously. An ingenius black comedy with some of the best comedic acting I have ever seen, which by far outshines any piece of contemperary acting, whether it be comedic, dramatic or any kind at all. If any of you havent seen this movie please watch it, really, it's brilliant. Im a teenager, and I loved this movie even though it was made decades ago,Peter Sellers was a genius, George C. Scott was a genius. Watch it on YouTube everybody, really. Its a work of art.

it is super awesome but 2001 will forever be Kubrick's master piece.
well tbh, essentially every film the man made was a masterpiece (accept maybe barry lyndon).A Clockwork Orange was a movie I did not fully understand until I saw it when I was older. Same for Eyes Wide Shut,The Shining was just brilliant, Kubrick was just a genius, every film he made shone. Every film he made was timeless, like the fucking Beatles
well tbh, essentially every film the man made was a masterpiece (accept maybe barry lyndon).A Clockwork Orange was a movie I did not fully understand until I saw it when I was older. Same for Eyes Wide Shut,The Shining was just brilliant, Kubrick was just a genius, every film he made shone. Every film he made was timeless, like the fucking Beatles
you are correct but 2001 really stands above the others. You ever notice how all his films slam humanity?
My brain just exploded.
you are correct but 2001 really stands above the others. You ever notice how all his films slam humanity?
Sure, take A Clockwork Orange for example, when I first saw it I didnt get it. I was like, "what is this shit, its just a bunch of rape, then the guy goes to jail, gets fucked up, then comes out and gets fucked up some more, then he falls out a window". I was like wat is that you know? Then I grew up a little and watched it again, and soon I realised that there was more to it than that. imo The movie itself was trying to get the viewer to think about morals and values. Like the value, "be a good a person", but in the film Alex is forced to be a good. If a person is being forced to be good against his own will, is he trully being good??? Or is the act of him being good just an illussion, a facade?? What does "good" even mean?? It's Mind Fuck questions like that which all Kubrick's film's posed over and over again. Like in The Shining, do you really know the people you love? Do you really know what is going on inside somebody's head? The fear of the unknown, the unknown being someone's true thoughts, true ideas as oppose to what you believe is the truth. In Full Metal Jacket the drill's sergant lack of humanity, lack of campassion leads to Private Pile's insanity, right? Well that could be seen as a metaphor for war itself. A lack of humanity. A lack of compassion and a lack of understanding. A lack of empathy leads to retaliation, which leads to war and ultimately self destruction, with nothing trully gained. Humanity has been body slammed,And what about Dr.Strangelove?It just goes on and on, you could go on for hours interpreting his films however you want, and thats the beauty of it, the beauty of his films. You can interpret them however you want.
My brain just exploded.
Mine too.Here's a little fun fact about Barry Lyndon. It was shot in 100 percent natural light. I'm not sure any of us, non-industry professionals, know what kind of insane undertaking it is to shoot an entire film in natural light, but a huge epic like BL, it's incredibly impressive. BL is Kubrick's most underrated movie by far. Dr. Strangelove, is of course, god. It might be my favorite movie of all time, but I'm a sucker for dark comedy, satire, irony and hot coldwar action, so I'm biased.

Definitely the best.If you watch closely near the end, the russian ambassador has trouble keeping a straight face while sellers does his strangelove monologue, which by the way was completely ad libbed. A little film trivia. Kubrick tried to get airforce cooperation in the design of the aircraft, but they refused for security reasons. So the story goes that he just winged itand got so close to reality that the defense department ran an investigation into the leak of info.

Another fun fact, Slim Pickens, the captain of the bomber who rides the bomb to glory.. Kubrick didn't tell him that the movie was a comedy satire.. Pickens thought it was a serious, dramatic movie, and played that rediculous role straight. So brilliant. Sellers was supposed to play that role too, but I guess his southern/texas accent wasn't good enough.

Definitely the best.If you watch closely near the end, the russian ambassador has trouble keeping a straight face while sellers does his strangelove monologue, which by the way was completely ad libbed. A little film trivia. Kubrick tried to get airforce cooperation in the design of the aircraft, but they refused for security reasons. So the story goes that he just winged itand got so close to reality that the defense department ran an investigation into the leak of info.
I just saw a documentary on this movie, so I just wanted to clear both of these quotes up. 1) The air force did indeed block them from information, so they went to the library and got a book or magazine on the B-52. On the cover was a single photo of the pilot inside the cockpit. They designed the entire plane based on that one photo... and the air force did indeed come calling due to it's realism.
Another fun fact, Slim Pickens, the captain of the bomber who rides the bomb to glory.. Kubrick didn't tell him that the movie was a comedy satire.. Pickens thought it was a serious, dramatic movie, and played that rediculous role straight. So brilliant. Sellers was supposed to play that role too, but I guess his southern/texas accent wasn't good enough.
Sellers was supposed to play the role and he finally got the voice good enough to make it work, but right before they were going to shoot the B-52 scenes, Sellers fell out of the plane (which was suspended about 15 feet off the ground) and broke his leg... so Stanley called Pickens. The dress and make-up crew was pleased to see that Pickens arrived on set the first day already 'in costume'... of course this was simply his natural dress.
I just saw a documentary on this movie, so I just wanted to clear both of these quotes up. 1) The air force did indeed block them from information, so they went to the library and got a book or magazine on the B-52. On the cover was a single photo of the pilot inside the cockpit. They designed the entire plane based on that one photo... and the air force did indeed come calling due to it's realism.
it was LIFE magazine. or TIME. I forget
Im guessing Pickens vision of the movie changed when he read the contents of the survival kit. "Box of chocalates, nylons, one issue prophalactics."

Sellers also played Clare Quilty in Kubrick's production of Lolita, one of the finest pieces of literature ever. Nabokov is credited with writing it, although accounts indicate Kubrick changed many aspects of the story in the screenplay.One thing I love about Kubrick is his ability to completely reinvent not just the look of the film he is directing but the look of each film he directed, from one to the next. His films rarely look the same.

Sellers was supposed to play the role and he finally got the voice good enough to make it work, but right before they were going to shoot the B-52 scenes, Sellers fell out of the plane (which was suspended about 15 feet off the ground) and broke his leg... so Stanley called Pickens. The dress and make-up crew was pleased to see that Pickens arrived on set the first day already 'in costume'... of course this was simply his natural dress.
:themoreyouknow
Sellers also played Clare Quilty in Kubrick's production of Lolita, one of the finest pieces of literature ever. Nabokov is credited with writing it, although accounts indicate Kubrick changed many aspects of the story in the screenplay.
As shocking as Dr Strangelove is to me, in terms of when it came out, Lolita is even more so. I've heard that lolita was the movie that forced the US film industry to adopt a ratings system.
As shocking as Dr Strangelove is to me, in terms of when it came out, Lolita is even more so. I've heard that lolita was the movie that forced the US film industry to adopt a ratings system.
whoa. i need to see this. and right soon.