It's worth seeing in IMAX 3D when it's back out...and I'm sure it'll be back out sooner or later. You may have missed the window for the phenomenon part of it, but IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN SEEING SOME CRAZY COOL TECHNOLOGICAL SHIT and don't mind a kind of hokey preachy story, it'll be worth it.
plus you get to piss off Mercury, so there's that.
  • Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote masterpieces more, own opinions less imostill haven't seen avatar. probably won't. and i think jim cameron makes real sweet fucking movies. just feel like i missed the window on this one.
maybe jim will hold a private screening for the two of you.
ur doin it wrong
Wait, are you saying I'm not supposed to look around the scene? Or that I should somehow eliminate my brain's unconscious response to focus at the correct distance?
Wait, are you saying I'm not supposed to look around the scene? Or that I should somehow eliminate my brain's unconscious response to focus at the correct distance?
I think I'm saying that it sounds as if you may have been thinking about it so much that you were eliminating your brain's unconscious response to focus at the correct distance, which could have been. But I don't know, I'm sure there could be a number of things going on that would keep your brain from correctly interpreting what's going on with 3D. If you are both near and far-sighted, if you have astygmatism, if you're just doin it wrong, etc.
I think I'm saying that it sounds as if you may have been thinking about it so much that you were eliminating your brain's unconscious response to focus at the correct distance, which could have been. But I don't know, I'm sure there could be a number of things going on that would keep your brain from correctly interpreting what's going on with 3D. If you are both near and far-sighted, if you have astygmatism, if you're just doin it wrong, etc.
Oh, ok. A couple things -- first, I didn't think about it until halfway through the movie when my eyes started hurting. Then I took the time to figure out why. Also, one of my eyes is nearsighted, the other farsighted, with each near perfect at the opposite distance. So maybe that was a factor, too, in that usually my eyes work one at a time, but when watching the movie my two non-cooperating eyes suddenly tried working together to solve a weird problem -- apparent different focal distances that really only focus at movie-screen range.Either way, I will probably avoid 3D again unless I have a compelling reason -- such as a movie as spectacular visually as Avatar with a plot that is irrelevant.
Oh, ok. A couple things -- first, I didn't think about it until halfway through the movie when my eyes started hurting. Then I took the time to figure out why. Also, one of my eyes is nearsighted, the other farsighted, with each near perfect at the opposite distance. So maybe that was a factor, too, in that usually my eyes work one at a time, but when watching the movie my two non-cooperating eyes suddenly tried working together to solve a weird problem -- apparent different focal distances that really only focus at movie-screen range.Either way, I will probably avoid 3D again unless I have a compelling reason -- such as a movie as spectacular visually as Avatar with a plot that is irrelevant.
YOU SHEEP!
Making money was a definite reason for making the movie but I think it was also James Cameron stroking his small ego and saying hey, look how freaking awesome I think I am.Truth be told. I didn't spend one red cent on this movie. I had a gift card that I won for something I can't quite remember.
By all accounts, James Cameron was considered a nerdy kid and was picked on by his classmates. It might be a little "look how freakin' awesome I am" but I think it's more of a "hey haters! how about you shove this blue finger up your ass and rotate."Then again, maybe that's the same thing.My baaaaaaaaaad.

I can't believe this conversation is still happening. Quit poking the retarded cousin.

We have free HBO all week and they had Avatar on at least 12 times the last two days. I tried watching it and I couldn't do it. This will definitely be a one time watch movie for me.

We have free HBO all week and they had Avatar on at least 12 times the last two days. I tried watching it and I couldn't do it. This will definitely be a one time watch movie for me.
Any specific reason why?
Any specific reason why?
Avatar I saw once and would die content never seeing it again. I surely would only see it again in the theater and never at home. The only thing I enjoyed about it was the visuals. The story meant nothing to me.
Adam posted after that he thought the transition from theater to home was decent. So I gave it a few tries. While it still looked decent, the movie itself, the story, the actors, just didn't do it for me.
Adam posted after that he thought the transition from theater to home was decent. So I gave it a few tries. While it still looked decent, the movie itself, the story, the actors, just didn't do it for me.
K, thanks.