Sorry I can't respond to more than 2 quotes on this stupid phone. 69, this movie isn't about "effects" like 2012. In fact, I'm sure there are many movies with better "effects". (transformers comes to mind) This movie is about the 3d experience. No one has ever seen anything like this before.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That being said, I think this movie will not only make money, but it'll be a good movie experience.
Why would I pay to see a bunch of good fx? Are you kidding me? It's exactly why I bitch about Emmerich and Bay. I, for one, don't want Hollywood making this kind of thing and making shitpiles of $$$ off them. Well, OK, they will make $$$ anyway, but at least they won't be mine. Fuck this movie.
Hm.I am now potentially disappointed that I didn't see it in 3D. It's an amazingly beautiful movie. I thoroughly enjoyed the story too...even if it got a little heavy-handed with the messages sometimes.

OK, as usual, I came across too harsh, methinks.I LIKE FX, but it seems like such a waste for a good storyteller like Cameron to use them in a "message" movie (that's the vibe I'm getting from the reviews). FX should enhance and support a movie, not BE the movie. I get that it's a new hybrid, but when I see the promos and it's some military dude saying "Ladies and gentlemen, we're not in Kansas any more", it just makes me sick. That type of dialogue is so hackneyed and worn out, it's one of the worst cliches ever. Story should always take precedence and lack of one should never be an excuse to cram FX in to make it better. It just doesn't work.Kudos to the dialoguistas...

I saw it in full IMAX 3-D.It was a pretty amazing experience. The visual and the 3-d were just so overpowering. I had an almost physical reaction and felt pretty exhausted by the end of it. It just sucks you in and you feel a part of this strange, exotic world. It's really a movie that you HAVE to see in theaters, and you probably should see in 3-d IMAX if you can. Pretty awesome.

OK, as usual, I came across too harsh, methinks.I LIKE FX, but it seems like such a waste for a good storyteller like Cameron to use them in a "message" movie (that's the vibe I'm getting from the reviews). FX should enhance and support a movie, not BE the movie. I get that it's a new hybrid, but when I see the promos and it's some military dude saying "Ladies and gentlemen, we're not in Kansas any more", it just makes me sick. That type of dialogue is so hackneyed and worn out, it's one of the worst cliches ever. Story should always take precedence and lack of one should never be an excuse to cram FX in to make it better. It just doesn't work.Kudos to the dialoguistas...
A movie can be whatever the director wants it to be. This movie is about creating an experience within the theater and showcasing the peak of technological development.The story has been told before, but it's done pretty well in this movie and serves the overall experience.

I'm going to the IMAX 3D next saturday night...and about an hour before showtime I'll be eating a weed pill. A friend of a friend makes them, and taking one is similar to tripping on mushrooms, just not quite as strong. I'm excited. Very excited.

I took the family to it this morning. The matinee is pretty cheap at the good theater in town and so I was able to escape for just under $80.The kids loved it. The five year old girl had trouble in a few scenes, but loved it by the end. They haven't stopped talking about it.

I saw it in full IMAX 3-D.It was a pretty amazing experience. The visual and the 3-d were just so overpowering. I had an almost physical reaction and felt pretty exhausted by the end of it. It just sucks you in and you feel a part of this strange, exotic world. It's really a movie that you HAVE to see in theaters, and you probably should see in 3-d IMAX if you can. Pretty awesome.
My favorite part of the 'experience' is when the tree seeds are landing all over him. I'm not sure why, since it's not one of the more 'effects' driven sequences, but it just 'did it' for me. Really enjoyable.

"The last time I came out of a movie feeling that way it was the first time I saw Star Wars."-Steven Spielberg

Well ain't that a bitch... they are not showing this at either of the IMAX's in my area.
They aren't showing it on my IMAX either.
Well ain't that a bitch... they are not showing this at either of the IMAX's in my area.
Pretty sure the closest IMAX to me is 5 hours away. I can go see it in RealD 3D at the Cinemark theater though...Might as well wait for it to come out on DVD.
Pretty sure the closest IMAX to me is 5 hours away. I can go see it in RealD 3D at the Cinemark theater though...Might as well wait for it to come out on DVD.
Terrible decision. Don't even bother watching it on DVD.
Terrible decision. Don't even bother watching it on DVD.
Agreed. Go see it in a normal theater that has it in 3d. I haven't seen it yet, but I know that waiting for DVD is a bad idea.For some reason the IMAX's in my area are still showing Star Trek. Like WTF, get it together, I saw the new Star Trek like a million years ago.
Agreed. Go see it in a normal theater that has it in 3d. I haven't seen it yet, but I know that waiting for DVD is a bad idea.For some reason the IMAX's in my area are still showing Star Trek. Like WTF, get it together, I saw the new Star Trek like a million years ago.
go ANYWHERE you can find it in imax 3D
go ANYWHERE you can find it in imax 3D
QFTSaw it last night at the Palms IMAX 3D. We all had a physical reaction to it, and frankly it took some time to come down. Really reminded me of an acid trip. Definitely an experience more than a movie.

Avatar in 3D was stunning! Extraordinary visuals! Cameron creates a detailednew world that is Epic in scope with characters you root for to succeed.I went about 30 miles from where I live to see it in a 3d theater and it was way worth it. Awesome to watch. :club:

Saw it this weekend in full 3D IMAX. Absolutely stunning.

I'm going to the IMAX 3D next saturday night...and about an hour before showtime I'll be eating a weed pill. A friend of a friend makes them, and taking one is similar to tripping on mushrooms, just not quite as strong. I'm excited. Very excited.
Good or bad idea to see it very high on thc pills?
Are these pills green, or are they trichomes only (kief) or hash or something? I have tried the 'weed pills' that local pot shops have, and they...suck. I'm curious how your friend makes these.Multiple doses of tinctures or canna-butter will give me great body highs, but nothing remotely mushroom like.We were all pretty ****ed up on booze, weed, and pills. A pot-only experience would be fine I'm sure.
Are these pills green, or are they trichomes only (kief) or hash or something? I have tried the 'weed pills' that local pot shops have, and they...suck. I'm curious how your friend makes these.Multiple doses of tinctures or canna-butter will give me great body highs, but nothing remotely mushroom like.We were all pretty ****ed up on booze, weed, and pills. A pot-only experience would be fine I'm sure.
I'm not sure how he does it...it's a friend of a friend, only known as "The Dude". Hence, the pill is called a "Dude Pill". Apparently he's some kind of genius chemist, and the process is pretty intense.