Bubble Play, Live Tournament

This was my first live NL tournament, so I wanted to do well.Top six paid, seven left. Sixth place is just over $300, 1st place is $2200.Small stack has maybe 3BB left, I've got about 5. Big stack has at least 20BB, and is immediately to my right.The small stack would be gone already, but big stack guy doubled him up by calling an all-in with A3.Big stack has raised about every 3rd hand since he became big stack, and has showed A3, KJ, and KQ (along with numerous hands where everyone folded.)I'm in the cutoff, and get AQs. Big Stack gives his usual raise of about 3BB.Me: shove and hope he has junk again, or fold and try to wait out the small stack?

The correct play is to shove mainly because you're supposed to be playing a MTT for first and you're ahead of his range most of the time, and racing the rest.That said, this is where live tournament skills come into play. At this point, someone should be suggesting paying 7th place their buyin back or perhaps $120 ($20 from each of the top 6 places). If the $$$ is important to you, you may as well be "that guy" that brings it up (preferably prior to this hand). If this has already been discussed and turned down by you or others, then just shove and win the race :club:

The correct play is to shove mainly because you're supposed to be playing a MTT for first and you're ahead of his range most of the time, and racing the rest.That said, this is where live tournament skills come into play. At this point, someone should be suggesting paying 7th place their buyin back or perhaps $120 ($20 from each of the top 6 places). If the $$ is important to you, you may as well be "that guy" that brings it up (preferably prior to this hand). If this has already been discussed and turned down by you or others, then just shove and win the race :club:
It had been discussed, the table said no paying the bubble.

CramCan't expect to get much better than that within the next round or two and you're likely to get called down regardless. In a way, I'd rather have AQ than a small pair against overs.

I don't think they are being selfish. It's a choice. Someone has to bubble. Is the guy with 3BB getting hit with the blinds before you? If yes, I fold. If not, I shove and hope my hand holds up.
I was jk I understand tourny dynamics fully well. I'll always vote for giving the bubble something but thats just me.
I don't think they are being selfish. It's a choice. Someone has to bubble. Is the guy with 3BB getting hit with the blinds before you? If yes, I fold. If not, I shove and hope my hand holds up.
Ugh, no. There's nothing worse than folding AQ here and watching the 3BB stack end up a 12BB stack after the blinds and find yourself having to shove 62o.Since there's no bubble-pay, then just shove and win.

the correct decision is obv to get it in if he's been raising several hands in a row and chipping up why would he stop when he has junk? AQ is super far above his range but the decision really is whether or not u want to cash or have a chance for the win if u win this pot and are at the 12-15bb range then your in a running to win but if you keep folding and cash but only have 1bb left then the odds are against u from coming back. Bottom line is if you want to cash u fold you want a chance to win then u take the chance of bubbling and shove it in.

I was jk I understand tourny dynamics fully well. I'll always vote for giving the bubble something but thats just me.
It's funny, I've seen people be dicks with decent chips near the bubble then they finish out of the money. Karma is everywhere. I have no problem chopping either but I also think that if even one person says no. We shut up and move on.
Ugh, no. There's nothing worse than folding AQ here and watching the 3BB stack end up a 12BB stack after the blinds and find yourself having to shove 62o.Since there's no bubble-pay, then just shove and win.
I think I would shove it in but there's a real chance I would fold too. And there's one thing worse than watching the 3BB end up with 12BB and that's you watching from the rail.
I think I would shove it in but there's a real chance I would fold too. And there's one thing worse than watching the 3BB end up with 12BB and that's you watching from the rail.
I think the one worse thing would be watching the 3BB get it in with A7 and tripling up while you kick yourself for folding AQ and end up shoving with Q9.

The fact that this is the bubble shouldn't even matter. With your stack size facing a raise from someone whose range we probably crush, this is a shove, ainec.For everyone saying fold. Stop playing scared money and trying to squeak into the money.Seriously, even if we fold, and the shorty busts. We'll still be the shortstack with no real shot of winning unless we go on a major heater.I would like some math geek to crunch the numbers. I'd be very surprised if it wasn't +EV to shove here.

you have to shove here. The big stack is pushing you around and by folding A Q you are just letting him get away. When the big stack is playing this way you are waiting for this situation to arise so you can get all your chips in and double up. You actually have a better chance of making the money in this situation if you push than if you fold.

snap shove and don't even think twice about it. You have AQ suited with 5bbs at a 7handed table on a bubble, might as well throw a cherry on top of all thatfwiw i'd prolly jam 77+,KQs,ATo+,A8s+

FWIW (imo), if this is a sattelite tourney and everyone gets paid the same (ie: $26 ticket, wtf-ever), then there is certainly no harm in folding AQ to make the bubble.In a normal $$$ tourney, it's a different story and you need to suck it up if you bubble out. As mentioned, you are generally a huge fav here