Pokerstars No Long Accepting Canadian Visa Cards

Just got off the phone with Visa and they told me that Pokerstars will no longer be accepting Canadian Visa cards September 1.Its actually easy to deposit and withdraw directly with your bank account, but this isnt really a good sign.

i have issues with using my credit cards online to begin with..(i'm just not that trusting of it)I use a prepaid M/C to fund, i wonder if this will still work?

Considering you're in the banking business Serge I would have thought you might be a big more precise on how you post something like this.I have no idea if Poker Stars is changing their policy or not but I can be pretty sure that somebody at your bank's Visa dept that you spoke to on the phone would have no way to know what Poker Stars' policies are.This is how credit card transactions take place at online gaming sites.Every credit card purchase has a certain code attatched to it so that a purchase at a gas station is different than a purchase at a grocery store is different than a purchase for online gaming. Some banks in Canada such as the Royal Bank block the code for online gaming purchases. Some like CIBC accept them but call them a cash advance and charge interest and a $5 fee while some others accept them and treat them like any other purchase.My guess is that the change is that your bank is no longer going to accept the code for online gaming purchases and nothing in Poker Stars policies has changed.

Considering you're in the banking business Serge I would have thought you might be a big more precise on how you post something like this.I have no idea if Poker Stars is changing their policy or not but I can be pretty sure that somebody at your bank's Visa dept that you spoke to on the phone would have no way to know what Poker Stars' policies are.This is how credit card transactions take place at online gaming sites.Every credit card purchase has a certain code attatched to it so that a purchase at a gas station is different than a purchase at a grocery store is different than a purchase for online gaming. Some banks in Canada such as the Royal Bank block the code for online gaming purchases. Some like CIBC accept them but call them a cash advance and charge interest and a $5 fee while some others accept them and treat them like any other purchase.My guess is that the change is that your bank is no longer going to accept the code for online gaming purchases and nothing in Poker Stars policies has changed.
The guy on the phone said starting September 1, Pokerstars wont be accepting Visa . thats what he said.Apologize if i mis spoke.FWIW it is TD visa, and I am not really a banker.
The guy on the phone said starting September 1, Pokerstars wont be accepting Visa . thats what he said.Apologize if i mis spoke.FWIW it is TD visa, and I am not really a banker.
It sounds like TD Visa is no longer going to accept online gaming purchases and the guy on the phone instead of saying that TD are the ones who won't allow the transaction is trying to put it on the merchant who in this case is Poker Stars.Somebody from first line support at TD Visa can't possibly know what Poker Stars policies are but should know about changes in TD's policies.
It sounds like TD Visa is no longer going to accept online gaming purchases and the guy on the phone instead of saying that TD are the ones who won't allow the transaction is trying to put it on the merchant who in this case is Poker Stars.Somebody from first line support at TD Visa can't possibly know what Poker Stars policies are but should know about changes in TD's policies.
you are probably right. FWIW his name is Jeff and he plays poker with his buddies on Friday. :club:

I also use a prepaid master card like rivergirl instead of my credit cards for my on line games. it works well for me. Just go to something like Money Mart Serge get it there. They are easy to load at any Money Mart or at any bank ATM. I never had a problem at any of the poker sites I use it with. I just don't trust using my credit cards on the poker sites, not a habit I want to get into.

I also use a prepaid master card like rivergirl instead of my credit cards for my on line games. it works well for me. Just go to something like Money Mart Serge get it there. They are easy to load at any Money Mart or at any bank ATM. I never had a problem at any of the poker sites I use it with. I just don't trust using my credit cards on the poker sites, not a habit I want to get into.
i do direct withdrawal from my bank account..its a lot better