2 Months 2 Million...thoughts?

Anybody watch this thing on G4TV tonight? Maybe it's just 'cuz I'm alittle more "mature" than the guys being profiled.....and the fact that a couple of my sites are tilting the F*** outta me lately :club: ,but don't these guys come off alittle DBaggish...thoughts?PS. Don't get me wrong...they're all great players in their own right (and I would trade my left nut to match their success) but act like you've been there before. I guess BIG $$$$ and youth = a slightly skewed view of life.Sour Grapes...Probably. But I calls it likes I sees it.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thought it was pretty good, they seem to have a ton of fun. Pink leotard was hilarious loool

briandance8.gif
haha i laughed pretty hard at that. is he gay? lol

i laughed a lot during the show, split half between what was intended to be funny and what was unintentionally funny because of how amazingly socially stunted some of them seem to be. As a HU player my favorite moment was krantz not wanting to quit the fish and waiting until the last second to run across the house and change to go out. I have had that moment so many times. "mike, we have to leave in 7 minutes" "i have plenty of time, I've almost got him".

i laughed a lot during the show, split half between what was intended to be funny and what was unintentionally funny because of how amazingly socially stunted some of them seem to be. As a HU player my favorite moment was krantz not wanting to quit the fish and waiting until the last second to run across the house and change to go out. I have had that moment so many times. "mike, we have to leave in 7 minutes" "i have plenty of time, I've almost got him".
Exactly, and in every respect.
Finally a good poker show after Face the Ace. lol at Dani having enough game even though he was wearing a pink leotard. Does anyone know when this was filmed?
june and july or july and august, not too sure.
but don't these guys come off alittle DBaggish...
I don't think so. If having fun is being a dbag then they are all dbags. It seemed like a good mix of having fun, and being serious with the pokers.When you play a lot of live poker, it seems like 90% of the players are miserable all the time. These guys look at the positives even when they are losing thousands of dollars which is a huge reason why I think they are successful.I thought the idea of the tilt room was awesome. I don't think they showed it on the episode, I think it was on youtube or something. Basically a room with a bunch of fruit and weapons to beat the fruit with.Here is where they show the tiltroom: http://taopoker.blogspot.com/ It's in the August 16th post.
I don't think so. If having fun is being a dbag then they are all dbags. It seemed like a good mix of having fun, and being serious with the pokers.When you play a lot of live poker, it seems like 90% of the players are miserable all the time. These guys look at the positives even when they are losing thousands of dollars which is a huge reason why I think they are successful.I thought the idea of the tilt room was awesome. I don't think they showed it on the episode, I think it was on youtube or something. Basically a room with a bunch of fruit and weapons to beat the fruit with.Here is where they show the tiltroom: http://taopoker.blogspot.com/ It's in the August 16th post.
The tilt room is such an incredibly awesome idea! Man I want one!

I think the show is an awesome idea. I have a lot of admiration for these guys and the producers of the show. The concept 2m2mm is easy to understand (which is critical for success on TV)Also they are circumventing the traditional way poker players become ‘famous’ (winning a big tournament or acting like an idiot at the tables.) They are creating their brand in a very original way – If the show is successful, which I hope it is, they could put 4 new guys in the house each summer. I’ve only seen the first two segments of the show but they seem likeable and act like typical guys. I think they channel they chose was perfect. The demographic is young and geeky (not in a disparaging way).I’m looking forward to seeing how it all plays out. Does anyone know if these 4 guys bankrolled the production? If yes, pure genius.