Lol a lot. You know if you make this call and lose, you're just that fish who overplays AK. With that said nh.

stdnice call; in retrospect it seems like you could definitely have put the pieces together. I mean what hand on earth would he just shove the river here? Doesn't make any sense. Any hand w/showdown value, like even a pair of 4s, wouldn't just shove; it may go for a c/c or manage a value bet. And it's not like you're representing a good hand, either, so shoving the nuts is kinda dumbBut then I've leveled myself into calling w/that logic before, and been wrong almost everytime. Recently I called some dude w/trips on a four flush board because 1) I knew he'd fire all 3 streets, regardless of what came and 2) unless he had a strong flush, he'd presumably just check the hand down and take a showdown, as I had seen him do before. Obv flips the 7h and I'm busto

Without a specific read, this call was certainly wrong and will lead to an overall loss of funds very quickly.Every "big play" we make at the table has a shot at working out a small percentage of the time.But just because we encountered one of those times where we succeeded, it does not validate it as being the right play.Instead, the success just encourages us to continue our wrong ways.And eventually (usually sooner than later), our lesson is learned and we lose everything because of it.The fact that you are boasting about this loose call seems to confirm that you will continue this practice.And that does not bode well.Good luck.

nice call; in retrospect it seems like you could definitely have put the pieces together. I mean what hand on earth would he just shove the river here? Doesn't make any sense. Any hand w/showdown value, like even a pair of 4s, wouldn't just shove; it may go for a c/c or manage a value bet.
The answer to your question is clearly stated in this exact hand.On a double-paired board, Ace Highs love to go along for the ride.And for whatever reason, on these boards, they seem to believe a huge bet less than a small one.I shove with my big hands here every single time.And get called with junk all day.--CM
If you were so sure you were good why not raise the turn instead of giving him a card to get there. Love hero callers.
Call turn because I think my hand has showdown value. I fold riv if the card is a J,Q, H or if he doesn't make a bet that's so obviously a bluff.
Without a specific read, this call was certainly wrong and will lead to an overall loss of funds very quickly.Every "big play" we make at the table has a shot at working out a small percentage of the time.But just because we encountered one of those times where we succeeded, it does not validate it as being the right play.Instead, the success just encourages us to continue our wrong ways.And eventually (usually sooner than later), our lesson is learned and we lose everything because of it.The fact that you are boasting about this loose call seems to confirm that you will continue this practice.And that does not bode well.Good luck.The answer to your question is clearly stated in this exact hand.On a double-paired board, Ace Highs love to go along for the ride.And for whatever reason, on these boards, they seem to believe a huge bet less than a small one.I shove with my big hands here every single time.And get called with junk all day.--CM
Eh, it's a player based call. I only bum hunt 200nl games so I never have more that 4 of them open. I was watching this dude close because he was also at like 6 of my 100nl tables. I would agree, it would be unwise to call shoves all the time with A-high and up. I thought that was obvious, but I guess I'm wrong. Right now 200nl regs are better than me, and it will probably stay that way because I dont have the time to invest into poker to get my game that smooth. I'll stick to either 8 tabling 100nl or playing tons of 50nl while just bum hunting higher games. CM, what stakes do you play where you shove big hands 100% of the time on 2 pair boards, and how do you do in those games?
Call turn because I think my hand has showdown value. I fold riv if the card is a J,Q, H or if he doesn't make a bet that's so obviously a bluff.
yea thisour hero isn't 'sure' on the turn that villain's bluffing; he's not even 'sure' of it on the river. but the strange river bet gives him more information to make a decision. I bet OP would've folded had villain bet a lot smaller because then it'd be easier to reconcile his actions with his probable range.
our hero isn't 'sure' on the turn that villain's bluffing; he's not even 'sure' of it on the river. but the strange river bet gives him more information to make a decision. I bet OP would've folded had villain bet a lot smaller because then it'd be easier to reconcile his actions with his probable range.
.... and this is why betting large on the river with made hands can be so successful so often.--cm