• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends on who you are. For me, a WSOP is easier, for a guy like Shaun Deeb, the WCOOP is probably easier for him. They require different skill sets. Actually, the fact that you can surf the net and keep occupied at home while playing online HURTS me, doesn't help me at all. Sitting at a table, being forced to focus is better for me. I'm going to play some events this year and try to take them very seriously and see how that goes.
Yea that's kind of my point. People are much more focused live and a lot of weaker players dont make it out to vegas because of all the traveling issues, like $$, time away from work/family, etc.It's easier for YOU to win a WSOP but thats what makes it harder for the fish.
Don't take this the wrong way, Rcgs59, but I think you should work extremely hard on your stud game before attempting to enter as WSOP event.From what I have seen, you have some glaring leaks, especially in the aggression (or lack of) department.I am saying this now because I think you would be at an extreme disadvantage and I don't like to see anyone throw away mass amounts of money thinking they are better than they really are.Take your rejuvenated love for Stud one step at a time...See how you do in stud tourneys outside of that luckfest $8.80r turbo tourney that you caught a heater in and did well for a bit. Read anything you can find on stud. Hell, have you and Rock/Len play you for fun when he is not too busy traveling the world or running poker rooms or whatever he does.Just don't get it in your head that since you won a stud tourney many years ago and ran well for a bit in some luckfest tourneys that you are an elite stud player just quite yet. You would be doing yourself a HUGE disservice, stunting your growth by giving yourself a false sense of how "good" you are.
I am not saying that I am that great at stud,and it's had been years but I am not that bad either. There is always room for growth and improvement at any level of play in any game. I acknowledge that I have many leaks and areas to fix and work on but still entering a $1500 event is not that bad. It gives me a goal to shoot for. At least I know that game much more better than Holdem that is for sure, and I have a bit of an edge in it. but like you said I will study up on it as well. As I will keep playing it to keep my game fresh and in tune. It gives me something to work on. You see I don't worry about thinking that I am that good because I know there is always someone better than I am :club:
I am not saying that I am that great at stud,and it's had been years but I am not that bad either. There is always room for growth and improvement at any level of play in any game. I acknowledge that I have many leaks and areas to fix and work on but still entering a $1500 event is not that bad. It gives me a goal to shoot for. At least I know that game much more better than Holdem that is for sure, and I have a bit of an edge in it. but like you said I will study up on it as well. As I will keep playing it to keep my game fresh and in tune. It gives me something to work on. You see I don't worry about thinking that I am that good because I know there is always someone better than I am :club:
Rose, I think one of the biggest points Fargo was trying to get across, and he'll correct me if I'm wrong.Is that the edge you have in the 8.80r turbos on Stars, you probably won't have in a higher buy in event. Unlike Hold'em, the higher the buy in for a Stud Tournament, the stronger the field becomes. Most donkeys aren't going to shell out $1500 for a game like Stud. Of course, you'll still run across a few. Take me for example. Ever since I started playing on UB, I've been doing very well in tournaments. I contribute this to weaker players and possibly smaller fields. For the life of me, I can't seem to do well on Stars. The last time I made a FT on stars with a field of 100+ players was in May of this year. I've made 7 on UB in the past 48 days. All that tells me is that I really need to work on my game more.Anyways, before I ramble on too much, it's good you are going to study more and work on your game, and I wish you much luck!Take care!
Rose, I think one of the biggest points Fargo was trying to get across, and he'll correct me if I'm wrong.Is that the edge you have in the 8.80r turbos on Stars, you probably won't have in a higher buy in event. Unlike Hold'em, the higher the buy in for a Stud Tournament, the stronger the field becomes. Most donkeys aren't going to shell out $1500 for a game like Stud. Of course, you'll still run across a few. Take me for example. Ever since I started playing on UB, I've been doing very well in tournaments. I contribute this to weaker players and possibly smaller fields. For the life of me, I can't seem to do well on Stars. The last time I made a FT on stars with a field of 100+ players was in May of this year. I've made 7 on UB in the past 48 days. All that tells me is that I really need to work on my game more.Anyways, before I ramble on too much, it's good you are going to study more and work on your game, and I wish you much luck!Take care!
I totally agree if I do it at the WSOP, it will be for the experience of doing it, and for the fun of trying it. It's a goal and fantasy. Not because I am that good at it. I know that I really have to work at my game. It's for the dream of doing it. A once in a life time thing, to play one event and if I am going to do it well it might just be an event that I am half decent at. Let's face it with my cancer scare I want to experience one WSOP event. It might as well be this one, so I will just prepare to the best of my abilities and go for the fun and do my best, I know I don't have a shot but I going to have fun trying. Even if I last 2 hours I will have the satisfaction knowing I did it. To me that is worth $1500

Superjon is right for the most part. The level of competition in the wcoop/wsop is going to be much harder. The thing I think you need to realize is that mistakes you make (such as being too passive) aren't as obvious in a turbo stud tourney where people aren't deep enough to be as patient. In the wcoop/wsop the stacks are much deeper so people can be more patient and your loose/passive style will get you run over. I watched you in the ftops and you got ran over at the end and then commened how dead your cards were...that is a sign you are probably invesing far too many chips with inferior hands. You had a pretty good stack and lost it all in a matter of minutes..I missed a few of the hands but I am 100% positive that wasn't just the cards...it was a combination of your loose/passive style. You should go to a bookstore and find a stud book to read...that will be a start...then start posting hands and be open to criticism...and TAKE that advice...that is one thing you need to learn...is applying what people tell you (which I don't see you do very well)Best of luck getting ready for wcoop/wsop.

I totally agree if I do it at the WSOP, it will be for the experience of doing it, and for the fun of trying it. It's a goal and fantasy. Not because I am that good at it. I know that I really have to work at my game. It's for the dream of doing it. A once in a life time thing, to play one event and if I am going to do it well it might just be an event that I am half decent at. Let's face it with my cancer scare I want to experience one WSOP event. It might as well be this one, so I will just prepare to the best of my abilities and go for the fun and do my best, I know I don't have a shot but I going to have fun trying. Even if I last 2 hours I will have the satisfaction knowing I did it. To me that is worth $1500
Does this mean Len will be present underneath the table at the Rio? He wouldn't have to actually buy-in for this would he?
Superjon is right for the most part. The level of competition in the wcoop/wsop is going to be much harder. The thing I think you need to realize is that mistakes you make (such as being too passive) aren't as obvious in a turbo stud tourney where people aren't deep enough to be as patient. In the wcoop/wsop the stacks are much deeper so people can be more patient and your loose/passive style will get you run over. I watched you in the ftops and you got ran over at the end and then commened how dead your cards were...that is a sign you are probably invesing far too many chips with inferior hands. You had a pretty good stack and lost it all in a matter of minutes..I missed a few of the hands but I am 100% positive that wasn't just the cards...it was a combination of your loose/passive style. You should go to a bookstore and find a stud book to read...that will be a start...then start posting hands and be open to criticism...and TAKE that advice...that is one thing you need to learn...is applying what people tell you (which I don't see you do very well)Best of luck getting ready for wcoop/wsop.
I agree, but when I post in strat forums no one takes me seriously I get smiles and faces so I do need the criticism, and your right I did play very passively in Ftops. and played weak hands as well. I already started reading on stud to prepare for wcoop, so I am hoping to be more prepared, and I have to be more patient, more selective and more aggressive. I have the potential and it's there. So I plan to be a better stud player, and put my focus into that.
might be my worst post ever but HU stud challenge anyone?
your on but not tonight
Does this mean Len will be present underneath the table at the Rio? He wouldn't have to actually buy-in for this would he?
no offense , but I don't want the distraction while I am playing. He can save it for either before the game or after the game
Aghhhhhhh....come on Rose. Take him down.
got a huge migraine headache so my focus is off, but I will :club:
dont mean to hijack the thred but...wait its already been hijacked, anyway the question should be which would you rather win?
no it shouldn't because you should obviously be trying to win both.also, I finally found another post to use my favorite picture on!1245620491463.jpg
dont mean to hijack the thred but...wait its already been hijacked, anyway the question should be which would you rather win?
That is the stupidest question you could have thought of. I would rather win the WCOOP ANIEC. Give me the 1.5 million dollar payday over the 10 million every day of the week. Give me the non-televised FT where no one but the most interested people will notice. I would hate to be on national TV for months and have poker sites throwing money at me to wear their gear. Like I said WCOOP. Easy.
That is the stupidest question you could have thought of. I would rather win the WCOOP ANIEC. Give me the 1.5 million dollar payday over the 10 million every day of the week. Give me the non-televised FT where no one but the most interested people will notice. I would hate to be on national TV for months and have poker sites throwing money at me to wear their gear. Like I said WCOOP. Easy.
Sarcasm is a form of humor that uses sharp, cutting remarks or language intended to mock, wound, or subject to contempt or ridicule.[1] It is first recorded in English in The Shepheardes Calender in 1579: Tom piper) An Ironical [sarcasmus], spoken in derision of these rude wits, which make more account of a rhyming Rimbaud, then of skill grounded upon learning and judgment. —Edmund Spenser[1]It comes from the ancient Greek σαρκάζω (sarkazo) meaning 'to tear flesh' but the ancient Greek word for the rhetorical concept of taunting was instead χλευασμός (chleyasmόs). Sarcasm appears several times in the Old Testament, for example: Lo, you see the man is mad; why then have you brought him to me? Do I lack madmen, that you have brought this fellow to play the madman in my presence? —Achish, king of Gath, I Sam 21:10-15[2]
Sarcasm is a form of humor that uses sharp, cutting remarks or language intended to mock, wound, or subject to contempt or ridicule.[1] It is first recorded in English in The Shepheardes Calender in 1579: Tom piper) An Ironical [sarcasmus], spoken in derision of these rude wits, which make more account of a rhyming Rimbaud, then of skill grounded upon learning and judgment. —Edmund Spenser[1]It comes from the ancient Greek σαρκάζω (sarkazo) meaning 'to tear flesh' but the ancient Greek word for the rhetorical concept of taunting was instead χλευασμός (chleyasmόs). Sarcasm appears several times in the Old Testament, for example: Lo, you see the man is mad; why then have you brought him to me? Do I lack madmen, that you have brought this fellow to play the madman in my presence? —Achish, king of Gath, I Sam 21:10-15[2]
You could have just typed sw, looked like the same level of dumbass, and saved the 5 minutes of copy/paste this post took.

WSOP is a lot harder. Online you can use so many 3rd party tools, and research other players. (Which I don't do......anymore)Not to mention, I don't have to count my chips or remember the pot size, while somebody is staring at me.

WSOP is a lot harder. Online you can use so many 3rd party tools, and research other players. (Which I don't do......anymore)Not to mention, I don't have to count my chips or remember the pot size, while somebody is staring at me.
PT3 and OPR aren't banned you just can't berate people anymore.Welcome tho