2009 Pga Championship

I guess the big story is "Will Tiger go major-less for the year?" He is -1 after 3 holes today.I am hoping for Mickelson to make some noise. I also would not be surprised to see Stewart Cink have a strong tournament. Sometimes this stuff happens in bunches.

Since start of '06, Tiger Woods has a better winning percentage than 10 different MLB teams.How crazy is that?
it's a bit of a silly statistic. it implies a negative connotation on those 10 teams.....but Tiger's winning pct is over 47%. It is surprising to me that more teams are not below that mark.Just his winning pct alone is impressive/ridiculous/god-like. Throwing in the baseball comparison is a bit nonsensical.
Tiger's winning pct is over 47%.
Wow. Can you break it down by par?I think they had a graphic at the British that showed he dominates par 72 courses, but doesn't do as well at the par 70's.
it's a bit of a silly statistic. it implies a negative connotation on those 10 teams.....but Tiger's winning pct is over 47%. It is surprising to me that more teams are not below that mark.Just his winning pct alone is impressive/ridiculous/god-like. Throwing in the baseball comparison is a bit nonsensical.
I just copied that off an ESPN live update blog that's going on. It wasn't my comparison, but I find it pretty amazing.When the next highest on tours winning percentage is only something like 9% it's insane.
I just copied that off an ESPN live update blog that's going on. It wasn't my comparison, but I find it pretty amazing.When the next highest on tours winning percentage is only something like 9% it's insane.
I know I saw it on Sobel's blog too. It is just an odd way to talk about how amazing Tiger is when just saying the % is mind boggling.
tiger's winning pct is no where near 47%I think it's around 30no way is it over 40

This is from 2007Tiger's Winning PercentageGolfobserver.com's Sal Johnson cooked up this stat on Tiger:Highest winning percentage's on the PGA Tour:Player Percentage (wins / starts)Tiger Woods 27.36% (55 out of 201)Ben Hogan 20.7% (61 of 294)Byron Nelson 17.8% (50 of 281)Sam Snead 14.9% (81 of 549Jack Nicklaus 12.2% (73 of 594)Billy Casper 9.2% (51 of 556)Arnold Palmer 8.4% (62 of 734)Throughout the course of his career, Woods' total winning percentage is around 30 percent and his winning percentage in majors is around 27 percent. WikipediaWoods and Bobby Jones are the only golfers to have won 10 majors before the age of 30. Jones achieved 13 majors in 21 attempts, (winning percentage 62%), while Woods achieved 10 wins in 44 attempts (a 23% winning ratio).

tiger's winning pct is no where near 47%I think it's around 30no way is it over 40
sorry there was a timeframe limitation on that statistic. Since 2006, (I think) his winning pct is 47%.All time it is 27% on the PGA tour (and probably a little higher if you throw in non PGA tour events).1 out of 4 is still disgusting but almost 1 out of 2 over a 3 year+ period is just mind blowing.Looks like the course is toughening up today. Not many low scores. Also, Mickelson is really struggling (not surprising.....it would be stunning if he played well like at the US open) and Lucas Glover is playing like he wants to prove his major win was not a fluke.

Tiger up by four over Fisher (him and Els had low rounds of -4), Harrington, Glover, Brendan Jones and Vijay (plays with Tiger tomorrow).Couple old guys, Corey Pavin and Kenny Perry seven back, tied for 13th. Good to see Pavin play decent so far.

Tiger NEVER loses this tournament in this position after 2 days.I'll give 3-1 on Tiger winning this against the field.Deal

Tiger down one with four to play.I have this feeling that even if he comes back and wins this, he'll get trashed by the media in some parts because he's not the 'old' Tiger who would crush it, like the '97 Masters or 2000 U.S. Open.Win is a win, as far as majors go.

I stand corrected.Tiger just isn't as automatic as he used to be.

Tiger had what, 9 or so putts that missed by less than an inch?Wasn't his day.
this
Woods will probably come back and win 3 majors next year.and lol @ Yang's winning reaction, lifting his bag above his head. Seems like a pretty cool guy.
LOL I love Yang already.
Tiger's washed up
no.