Could I Done Anything Else To Avoid This

I know this is a bad beat but could I done anything to avoid the outcome beside fold it?Hand info: http://www.pokerhand.org/?4577484PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 8.8 Tournament, 60/120 Blinds 15 Ante (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comSB (t10885)BB (t18345)UTG (t9175)UTG+1 (t3990)MP1 (t7380)MP2 (t1935)MP3 (t8810)CO (t5410)Hero (Button) (t7825)Hero's M: 24.84Preflop: Hero is Button with 8heart.gif, 8diamond.gif1 fold, UTG+1 calls t120, 3 folds, CO bets t600, Hero calls t600, SB calls t540, BB raises to t2640, 2 folds, Hero calls t2040, 1 foldFlop: (t6735) 9diamond.gif, 8club.gif, 9spade.gif(2 players)BB bets t5640, Hero calls t5170 (All-In)Turn: (t17075) 4spade.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)River: (t17075) 9heart.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Total pot: t17075Results:Hero had 8heart.gif, 8diamond.gif (full house, nines over eights).BB had Adiamond.gif, Aspade.gif (full house, nines over Aces).Outcome: BB won t17075

I know this is a bad beat but could I done anything to avoid the outcome beside fold it?
Avoiding this post flop is impossible. Anyone who folds the second nuts on the flop is a damn fool. Especially after that type of action pre-flop. Damn near certain no one has pocket 9's. You just got unlucky.POSSIBLY avoidable preflop. After a bet and a re-raise you could fold assuming someone has a higher pocket pair.....but even that...
FYP
That does seem accurate.
I got lost on the way to the bad beat board.Hand info: http://www.pokerhand.org/?4577484PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 8.8 Tournament, 60/120 Blinds 15 Ante (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comSB (t10885)BB (t18345)UTG (t9175)UTG+1 (t3990)MP1 (t7380)MP2 (t1935)MP3 (t8810)CO (t5410)Hero (Button) (t7825)Hero's M: 24.84Preflop: Hero is Button with 8heart.gif, 8diamond.gif1 fold, UTG+1 calls t120, 3 folds, CO bets t600, Hero calls t600, SB calls t540, BB raises to t2640, 2 folds, Hero calls t2040, 1 foldFlop: (t6735) 9diamond.gif, 8club.gif, 9spade.gif(2 players)BB bets t5640, Hero calls t5170 (All-In)Turn: (t17075) 4spade.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)River: (t17075) 9heart.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Total pot: t17075Results:Hero had 8heart.gif, 8diamond.gif (full house, nines over eights).BB had Adiamond.gif, Aspade.gif (full house, nines over Aces).Outcome: BB won t17075
:club::ts
really helpful Snamuh
Stop playing poker?
seriously guys it was a bad play but I am looking for honest feedback. I should of not called his raise it was simple, so just say it. the thing is how does one improve or fix leeks if people just tip toe around the fact. this is why I sometimes avoid posting in strat here because I get the above posts back.
http://twodimes.net/poker/?g=h&b=9d+9c...d+8h%0D%0Aad+asthis is about as good as you will ever get your money in unless you have your opponent drawing stone dead. as for your play you probably should have 3 bet the CO. as played you either need to jam to the raise from the blinds or fold. its a decent spot for him to make a squeeze play so if he is ok at all jamming might be best.
really helpful Snamuhseriously guys it was a bad play but I am looking for honest feedback. I should of not called his raise it was simple, so just say it. the thing is how does one improve or fix leeks if people just tip toe around the fact. this is why I sometimes avoid posting in strat here because I get the above posts back.
:club::ts
http://twodimes.net/poker/?g=h&b=9d+9c...d+8h%0D%0Aad+asthis is about as good as you will ever get your money in unless you have your opponent drawing stone dead. as for your play you probably should have 3 bet the CO. as played you either need to jam to the raise from the blinds or fold. its a decent spot for him to make a squeeze play so if he is ok at all jamming might be best.
thanks, knowing the odds after the flop I know I had to go all in the it was +ev. but calling pre flop was my mistake with the 88, which was a marginal hand to call that type of raise with his stack from BB

It's been said several times, but calling pf is marginal... it's a giant multiway pot with someone monster raising and someone else to act behind you and they're totally priced in. Preflop you're at best flipping against AK but more likely you're dominated by JJ+. BUT getting to the real question...There is no way to avoid this. It's actually just the kind of situation you want to be in against JJ+. You only lose to 99 and 89, and there's no way you can put the villain on 89 considering the preflop action. Realistically, you're shoving every time on this flop. They have to hit a two 4 outer to win the hand (1 of two remaining J/Q/K/A or 9s). In the long run, this play will work wonderfully for you.

Yea preflop is a bit of a Leek%20Giant%20Winter.jpg
:club:
my question to you 2 would of called all in preflop? Highwaystar and Tehtoe? that late in the tourney or would you of folded?

Depending on the co previous play I fold to his 5x bet. If he is lag I rr to 1800 and fold to the bb rr(unless he has proven to be the type of person that would rr a bet and raise with lower than 88 which is very rare). Calling the CO to set mine is not profitable with your 2 stacks then you compounded the error by calling off a third of your stack pre. Postflop is standard but you shouldnt have seen that flop.

thx Phil :club:

• 2 weeks later...