kinda interesting spot, played it in a homegame. I wasn't playing too well as I haven't played online like all summer, but I did have almost $60 at this point because I was the ultimate deck crusher. game is 20nl, .10/.20 and 7-handed, mix of decent players and donksUTG, villain, is bad, like a big time donk. He knows the rules and that's about it. He's passive in general, doesn't like to raise so it's not like you can read his hands based on betting actions. He bought in for $20, lost it, and just asked if he could buy in for $50. obv acceptable. He ran it up about a buyin.OTB I considered a 3-bet being deep, but CO's kind of tight and I didn't want to knock the donk outHero is dealt [ Q :spade: A :diamond: ]Villain calls2 foldsCO raises to $1Hero calls $12 foldsVillain calls $1Flop [ 3 :club: 3 :spade: Q :club: ]($3.30)Villain bets $1CO foldsHero raises to $5Villain calls $4Turn [ 3 :club: 3 :spade: Q :club: ] [ J :spade: ]($13.30)Villain checksHero bets $10Villain calls $10River [ 3 :club: 3 :spade: Q :club: ] [ J :spade: ] [ A :club: ] lol card?($33.30)Villain checksHero has $36 leftWhat amount do we bet if we do at all

River [ 3 :club: 3 :spade: Q :club: ] [ J :spade: ] [ A :club: ] lol card?($33.30)Villain checksHero has $36 leftWhat amount do we bet if we do at all
It's a lol card in a home game for sure.There might be a little value in a bet -- $10 or so -- since it's a home game.

yea I did checkbut I thought of taking mtset's advice, betting like 1/2 or even 1/3 the pot. I was like 70% sure that I had the best hand, only because of the FD and the rando possibility of him having a 3, but then if he did have a queen or worse pair then he may fold on that river. He had Q8o and said he would've folded on the river

why isn't he ever checking a monster? were you at the game too ?
Out of position with a monster you're going to check the River and let your opponent check behind? Very few people will play it like that, and then only if they're convinced you also have a monster. No, I think he was looking for a cheap showdown, and got it. Just my opinion.
Out of position with a monster you're going to check the River and let your opponent check behind? Very few people will play it like that, and then only if they're convinced you also have a monster. No, I think he was looking for a cheap showdown, and got it. Just my opinion.
You can also check if you're convinced your opponent doesn't have enough to call a vbet but may bluff or bet a worse hand if checked to.
You can also check if you're convinced your opponent doesn't have enough to call a vbet but may bluff or bet a worse hand if checked to.
I agree, but Hero had the lead throughout the hand. I don't see Villian checking to induce a bluff when Hero obviously has some kind of hand he really likes. This just feels like a calling station with some kind of hand that he wants to see a showdown with.Could we get blown off the hand by a huge checkraise? Sure, but I don't see it happening. Again, just my opinion.
I agree, but Hero had the lead throughout the hand. I don't see Villian checking to induce a bluff when Hero obviously has some kind of hand he really likes. This just feels like a calling station with some kind of hand that he wants to see a showdown with.Could we get blown off the hand by a huge checkraise? Sure, but I don't see it happening. Again, just my opinion.
While I think we're good on the river a lot, we can't fold to a C/R. There's a pot size bet left, what do you plan to bet? 1/3 pot? A bet that small might induce a bluff and we'd be forced to call. Also, if we think hero has had the lead throughout and obviously has a strong hand that he's going to keep betting, why is it a bad spot to check a flush again?For the most part I think we agree that our hand is good, river is closeish.