Deep In $5 Stars Tourney

I have about 40k in chips with blinds 600 1200 and 120 ante there is a limper in front of me and with K9s I make it 3750 to go to try and steal the small blind min three bets me other two fold and I call. Flop is KT4 rainbow sb bets I call turn is another ten now I'm sitting on about 25k and the sb bets 15k...what do I do here???

I have about 40k in chips with blinds 600 1200 and 120 ante there is a limper in front of me and with K9s I make it 3750 to go to try and steal the small blind min three bets me other two fold and I call. Flop is KT4 rainbow sb bets I call turn is another ten now I'm sitting on about 25k and the sb bets 15k...what do I do here???
Fold preflop.
Ok I was making a move so my cards didn't matter so folding pre flop is a no and I'm calling any two to a min three bet getting about 8.5:1 on the call
making 'moves' with K9s is pretty unecessary.
making 'moves' with K9s is pretty unecessary.
as opposed to folding until he has 10 blindsalso i am usually folding the turn and sometimes the flop
You telling me my move is unnecessary doesn't answer my question in the least bit
Neither does leaving out all of this info.......
What was the stack of the person who limped in front of you? What was the stack of the SB? What was the exact bet on the flop? What type of player was the SB?
as opposed to folding until he has 10 blindsalso i am usually folding the turn and sometimes the flop
We really dont have to worry about folding down to 10BBs when we have 34BBs. Again, there is no reason to make moves with K9ss after a limper.Im usually folding this on the turn if not the flop if not preflop...but again. No HH and a lot of unanswered questions makes this difficult

Ok i wasnt too specific on the details of this first of all id like to clarify that this was a 6-max and that the limper had been limp folding to raises all night to the person to my right and so when he folded I took it as an opportunity to increase my stack then the SB 3-bet the minimum which I really didnt know what it meant because he had just been moved to our table. The pot at this point was about 12k. When the board comes KT4 rainbow i dont think im ever folding because of his c-bet range being so wide there it does not have to include a better king. He's C-beting 77+ AJ+ IMO and sometimes any ten that connected with him so i call a 7.5k bet on flop because i did flop a decent hand. On turn the bet was 15k into a pot of around 27k. As for his stack size he had around 90k in chips when the hand started so over double my stack. My line on turn is what im wondering about at this point.

Do you really think he'd continue to bet on the turn if he had a lower pocket pair (77, 88, 99). Do you think he'd really 3-bet you OOP with those hands? I mean if he's spewy and you believe he'd do something like that than call the turn.Edit: Ok, I just read that he got moved to the table. Without reads, I think I fold.

What were you thinking when he min raised from the small blind? I think that it has to raise some flags. We don't have a read on the player so I think we have to play the hand very cautiously. So he raised pre-flop. He bet out on the flop and jacked it up again on the turn for what amounts to your tournament life. If you think you're ahead, go ahead and shove.If you think you're behind, (which it feels like you are) fold. You still have 25k in chips and I'm sure you could find a better spot.

You may have 30 something BB's to start the hand but you have an M around 14-15, an area where you should be looking to steal blinds and make moves only if they have a reasonably high probability of success. Making a standard raise after a limper is pretty unlikely to pick up the pot preflop which is what your goal with this move should be. The min 3bet from the SB should absolutely set off warning bells. Sure you have the odds to take a flop after all that but you should be looking to hit the flop really hard or fold, and top pair weak kicker is not hard enough to continue in the hand. Let this hand go and move on with a survivable stack looking for a better spot, unless you have some great read that your hand is good in which case shove turn, but I doubt your any good here.

I think we have to call flop though because of the fact that yes it sends off warning bells when he min 3-bets but if he min three bets JJ and QQ then we have to call flop to see if he checks turn then if he does check turn were almost always ahead. Also the raise preflop from myself, as i said earlier, I thought had a high sucess rate even thoguh SB just moved to the table the BB was not defedning really at all he was either folding or 3-betting and the original limper had been limp folding all day so ifelt as though this was a good opportunity to pick up the pot. Ill try to find the original hand history.

Fold preflop.
3 betting the min usually means a premium hand, which he is repping by him double barrelling on the flop and the turn. Do you really think your K9 is strong enough to stand up to that? And the board pairing is bad for you, even if he hasn't paired a better K. He could be getting pushy with QQ/JJ, but he could have AA/a better K/QJ or even 44. If the turn card shipped him some flush outs, you're in even worse shape than you thought.Fold the turn.
  • 2 weeks later...
I think iso'ing pre is fine, it's something I tend to do a ton but you really have to increase your betsizing if you're going for a steal. There's 7830 in the pot and it's going to cost him 2550 to call, there's no way this kind of 'steal' will work, plus with such a small raise, you might induce a few calls behind you for such a cheap price, when they know the limpers going to call too so they can adjust implied odds accordingly. I'd make it around 4500-4800 pre if I were iso'ing/stealing.as played, we need more details. what position are you in? how much did the sb bet on the flop? what were effective stacks? how has sb been playing? (sorry if these questions were somewhere answered, i usually don't read replies before posting)i fold turn either way, all you beat is a bluff and it's hard to make that decision without having reads