To Answer Daniel's African-american Question

In England we call black people..... black people.In all seriousness an interesting blog post that raises some good points. I never really understood how calling hip hop black music was ok but saying an indie band for example was white music was not allowed.

Fox News is for Republican white people.
How do you figure?Or are you just so liberal and biased against Fox that you will say anything bad about them? Really.....that was one of the dumbest things DN has ever said in his blog.
How do you figure?Or are you just so liberal and biased against Fox that you will say anything bad about them? Really.....that was one of the dumbest things DN has ever said in his blog.
You honestly don't think the white people (largely country/small town folk) are Fox news key demographic?
I said, "Fox News is for Republican white people."Does that really make me liberal and biased against Fox News? Is my statement an insult against Fox News?What if I worship Glenn Beck and I'm inviting all Republican white people to watch Fox News?Or are you merely insecure about your opinions that you are innately defensive about statements that might be construed as differing from your opinions?

I think the whole BET/WET argument is just plain stupid. Who would honestly watch WET? I know white people wouldn't. Besides country music, we get our culture from everyone else. Think about it. Daniel, you argue you don't like the name BET and in the same blog, you say you do not like the term African-American? I agree African-American is a stupid term and not many use the term.And what Daniel wrote is true. Most of television caters to white people. I couldn't name one black person on a NBC, ABC, or CBS sitcom. So, I'm happy thay there are other channels that offer different programming. I believe that most of the people up in arms over BET are closet racists. (this does not include Daniel) It's the same people who whine about Black History Month.

You honestly don't think the white people (largely country/small town folk) are Fox news key demographic?
Their key demographic is conservative men and women.Race is irrelevant to thier programming
Well, I've been in a room with Oz and Balloon Guy in Vegas before that had a TV just outside the shower, so yeah, I've actually done this...
fypforgotten your perversion?
Their key demographic is conservative men and women.Race is irrelevant to thier programming
That's missing his point entirely. He isn't saying that fox is racist at all, he hasn't said ANYTHING about the quality of fox news or it's bias against different races. He's made a statement that was totally devoid of any biases or opinion, based of what he believes to be the reality of the situation.I'm guessing he's totally correct, given that most demographic analysis of conservative voters points to them being, among other things, white.

The Thing about BET is that it was started by a Black Entrepreneur and his wife in 1980. He has since sold his company to Viacom. The same company that owns MTV. So in reality BET is now a Corporate Americas Interpretation of Black Entertainment Television. I'm nearly forty years old. I remember television in the 70's. From my perspective the 70's was when Pop Entertainment was its most culturally diverse. You had Three Major Networks and PBS. Depending on you're city you had some UHF channels that were more compartmentalized, or specialized in nature. Spanish Language..ect ect.The Predominant form of entertainment on Television in the 70's was the variety show. On these shows you could see a diverse range of music and performers. If you don't believe me check out the Midnight Special. Everything from Kiss, The Clash, Rick James, and everything in between was shown to LARGE audiences. You had larger audiences because of the limited amount of selection. Take Micheal Jackson for Example. He is the most Popular Pop Musician statistically. I remember when thriller came out. It was as if the media of 1980's totally forgot how exposed He was to the collective psyche of Americana in the 70's. Shit the Jackson even had their OWN variety show for a time. All of them. So when cable television came along they didn't try to be All things to All people like network television. They tried focus on a specific audience, market sector, and type. Hence MTV. Which by the way was AFTER BET was founded. Although it was part of the USA channel. So lets call it a wash on who started first. I remember thinking as a young guy what was the big deal of Michael Jackson being the first black Artist on MTV because I already thought of him as ubiquitous because of his exposure to me on 70's television. So the reason for the name. Was the advent of cable television which is all about focusing on a specific audience, market sector, and type. FOODTV. DIY, HISTORY CHANNEL, ANIMAL PLANET, ect ect ect. With more choices in television with the advent of cable things have become more segregated but when you peel back the onion its all just two ore three Giant Media Conglomerates any way. So how diverse is diverse? It was better in the 70/s

I said, "Fox News is for Republican white people."Does that really make me liberal and biased against Fox News? Is my statement an insult against Fox News?What if I worship Glenn Beck and I'm inviting all Republican white people to watch Fox News?Or are you merely insecure about your opinions that you are innately defensive about statements that might be construed as differing from your opinions?
Why say Republican White people? Why not just say Republicans?
The Thing about BET is that it was started by a Black Entrepreneur and his wife in 1980. He has since sold his company to Viacom. The same company that owns MTV. So in reality BET is now a Corporate Americas Interpretation of Black Entertainment Television.
I just wanted to add that the chairwoman and owner of BET endorsed the GOP candidate for governor in her home state of VA for this upcoming election.

Jerry Maguire: Show me the money! Rod Tidwell: Yeah! Louder! Jerry Maguire: Show me the money! Rod Tidwell: Yes, but, brother, you got to yell that shit! Jerry Maguire: Show me the money! Rod Tidwell: I need to feel you, Jerry! Jerry Maguire: Show me the money! Rod Tidwell: Jerry, you got to yell! Jerry Maguire: [screaming] Show me the money! Show me the money! Rod Tidwell: Do you love this black man! Jerry Maguire: I love the black man! Show me the money! Rod Tidwell: I love black people. Jerry Maguire: I love black people! Rod Tidwell: Who's your ************, Jerry? Jerry Maguire: You're my ************! Rod Tidwell: Whatcha gonna do, Jerry? Jerry Maguire: Show me the money!

Everyone here realizes that less than 200 years ago you could buy a black person right? They were nothing more than someones property. This didn't happen to white people. So if the struggle to become free and to become an equal in society is paved by terms such as "African-American" then so be it. If the color of a man's skin is of no more significance then the color of his eyes, then I think we will be at a point where we won't need to use the term "African American" as we will all just be Americans or Canadiens or whatever. However, there is still racism in america. There are still people that think exactly as how amscray posts (I am not sure if he really feels that way or if it is just his online persona so I pass no judgement) and as such we are not there yet. I hope one day we get there and we can all see each other as the same human race.

Everyone here realizes that less than 200 years ago you could buy a black person right? They were nothing more than someones property. This didn't happen to white people. So if the struggle to become free and to become an equal in society is paved by terms such as "African-American" then so be it. If the color of a man's skin is of no more significance then the color of his eyes, then I think we will be at a point where we won't need to use the term "African American" as we will all just be Americans or Canadiens or whatever. However, there is still racism in america. There are still people that think exactly as how amscray posts (I am not sure if he really feels that way or if it is just his online persona so I pass no judgement) and as such we are not there yet. I hope one day we get there and we can all see each other as the same human race.
maybe they could call it the "human entertainment network" to help facilitate