I read alot of poker books but I am thinking about hiring a poker coach.I would like some input or if anybody knows a good coach.Should I just stay reading what I can and putting it to work or hire a coach?

I read alot of poker books but I am thinking about hiring a poker coach.I would like some input or if anybody knows a good coach.Should I just stay reading what I can and putting it to work or hire a coach?
Coaches can be quite beneficial to assist you to apply your book knowledge to your actual game. I had coaching from GrinderMJ and have made big improvements to date. The costs have already paid for itself 10x over.
First you should work out what type of poker you want to focus on. Paying money to learn how to play SNG pr razz tourneys when you find out you enjoy stud cash games more is not the smartest move. Second you should exhaust all other resources. Read forums, talk to friends, join a training site. Paying money per the hour for something that you could learn from a friend is just burning money. If you have done both and are still serious about improving then coaching might be for you. I recommend getting a coach that. 1. Is a proven winner2. Comes with recommendations from former students or that you respect as a poster/player3. He is doing it for the right reasons and actually cares about your development.4. That is trying to coach your thought process, not just positions or actions. When you have picked your coach, Make sure you come prepared. If he wants you to make a video for him to watch, make 3 and pick the best one for him to watch. If you have to talk about a subject with him , research it with him and come to him with an opinion. Make sure you are getting the most out of your money.

Good advice from fighter.

When you have picked your coach, Make sure you come prepared. If he wants you to make a video for him to watch, make 3 and pick the best one for him to watch. If you have to talk about a subject with him , research it with him and come to him with an opinion. Make sure you are getting the most out of your money.
Especially liked this part. Learning poker is like learning just about anything else in that you get out what you put in.