*official* Fantasy Football 2009 Discussion Thread

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A guy in my league offered me Desean jackson (Phi) for Braylon Edwards in a trade. What do you guys think?
DO IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.If it's a ppr league I think it's a wash.

only playing in one money league this year. 12 teams. Standard lineup. I am 5-1 and in first in the league right now. But I dont like my 2nd RB situation and I am thinking of making a move.My team:QB P. ManningRB Adrian PetersonRB Julius Jones/Leon WashingtonWR Greg JenningsWR Hines WardFlex Vincent JacksonTE Tony G.K changes every weekDEF changes every weekBench: RB Leon WashingtonRB Darren McFadden (just picked him up off waivers a couple days ago)RB Chester TaylorWR Austin CollieWR Hakeem NicksDo I stick with Jones/Leon depending on matchup? Do I hope McFadden can do something when he comes back? Or do I package Washington with one of my wideouts and trade for a real #2 RB and trust that Collie/McFadden/Jones can handle the flex? I am hesitant to mess with my team since things are going so well but I feel like getting so little production from that #2 spot could cost me. I really want to win this league as there is some serious money on the line.there are a couple of owners in the league desperate for a wideout so I might be able to pick up a really good RB.

I think obviously you have to look at what is there on the trade market. most likely the trade will be a wash (either you've got 3 good WR and 1 RB with a somewhat shitty RB. or you've got two solid WR and two solid RB with a somewhat shitty flex spot) but you might be able to make a steal.I didn't line up the schedules but the trio of McFadden, Washington, and Jones might be decent. These are some of bad teams the three of them face the rest of the season. Tampa Bay (2), Cleveland, Washington, Kansas City, St. Louis, Jacksonville, Detroit, Tennessee, Buffalo, Carolinayour team seems quite good for a 12 teamer (obv since you're in 1st). If Jennings was doing more than squat then you'd be quite the monster.on a different note, my 3 teams all faced off against Thomas Jones (and two went up against Randy Moss) and I went 0-3 for the first time this year. I was also the highest scoring loser in two leagues.

I give berrian and rackers to get sims-walker and jeff reed. should be a no brainer right? league has points for receptions but they're capped at 3. can't add/drop players until week 9 draft though so I'm stuck with Reed and Mare as my kickers for a few weeks

Yea run, I would take that deal, Sidney has been getting the looks lately. What do you guys think about my Big Ben for Greg Jennings and Hakeem Nicks?
I think you'd be getting Jennings at quite a low price. really depends on who your other QB and WR are though
I think obviously you have to look at what is there on the trade market. most likely the trade will be a wash (either you've got 3 good WR and 1 RB with a somewhat shitty RB. or you've got two solid WR and two solid RB with a somewhat shitty flex spot) but you might be able to make a steal.I didn't line up the schedules but the trio of McFadden, Washington, and Jones might be decent. These are some of bad teams the three of them face the rest of the season. Tampa Bay (2), Cleveland, Washington, Kansas City, St. Louis, Jacksonville, Detroit, Tennessee, Buffalo, Carolinayour team seems quite good for a 12 teamer (obv since you're in 1st). If Jennings was doing more than squat then you'd be quite the monster.on a different note, my 3 teams all faced off against Thomas Jones (and two went up against Randy Moss) and I went 0-3 for the first time this year. I was also the highest scoring loser in two leagues.
yeah I decided to just stand pat for now. Leon Washington is not so bad and Julius Jones will have a favorable matchup or two at some point. I am excited that I was able to somehow steal the Jets D off waivers yesterday so now I have them going against Oakland and JaMarcus today which helps my odds greatly.

I want to trade Portis for a WR. Do either Housh or Driver seem like a fair return for him? The other guy is starting LDT and Reggie Bush this week, with Larry Johnson, Mendenhall, Willie Parker, and Donald Brown on his bench. His WR are Housh, Driver, Berrian, S. Moss, Jenkins, M. Floyd.

I want to trade Portis for a WR. Do either Housh or Driver seem like a fair return for him? The other guy is starting LDT and Reggie Bush this week, with Larry Johnson, Mendenhall, Willie Parker, and Donald Brown on his bench. His WR are Housh, Driver, Berrian, S. Moss, Jenkins, M. Floyd.
If you can get Driver for Portis right now you should do it.

Couple of questions. All my leagues are 10 team standard H2H scoring, no PPR. Starting requirements are: 1QB 2RB 2WR 1RB/WR 1TE 1D 1KThis trade was proposed to me what you think? I send Ray Rice, Nate Burelson, and Sims-Walker. I get Steven Jackson, Ahmad Bradshaw, and Johnny Knox. I ended up declining this trade, on another site the majority said they would have accepted. What you think? My RB's in this league are: Matt Forte, Ray Rice, Marshawn Lynch, Jonathan Stewart, and Shon Green.After I declined the above trade he proposed another: Send Ray Rice. Get Brandon Jacobs, and Ahmad Bradshaw, which I declined as well. My WR's in this league are: Roddy White, Wes Welker, Sims-Walker, Nate Burelson, and Mario Manningham. Also my TE's are Brent Celek, and Jason Witten. I'm looking to get rid of Witten and a WR to upgrade at RB? What you think?Second question is who would you start at FLEX this week: Marshawn Lynch or Shon Green? Thanks.

I would have declined both also. Burleson is underrated, and Rice is better than Jackson. I would start Lynch, I think Green only had a big week because the Jets were up big.

Decline. Rice is the nuts of this trade. He had his coming out party last week. Sims-walker is looking like a real week to week player as well. He's trading the "bigger name games", but your guys have the true strength.

Second question is who would you start at FLEX this week: Marshawn Lynch or Shon Green?
Green
  • 2 weeks later...
Driver vs. BucsI can't go against Peyton Manning, but I almost want to start Matt Hasselback
Thanks. I know what you mean. I'm starting Hasselback today after Warner shit the bed and singlehandedly made my team lose last week. I'm glad H'back has a great matchup.
Thanks. I know what you mean. I'm starting Hasselback today after Warner shit the bed and singlehandedly made my team lose last week. I'm glad H'back has a great matchup.
Terrible decisions like this deserve to be severely punished by the football gods. If you watched the game last week, you would have seen that Warner was only at true fault for two of his picks.But I guess Warner only has 5 TD's so far, so maybe Hasselbeck will do better....
I need to start 1 of these WR's:Burleson v Lions (i have him in the lineup now)Driver v BucsMason v BengalsI'm already starting Welker & Fitzgerald.
I know its probably too late but I would start Burleson no doubt. He is seriously underrated.
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering if I should stay put or make a move. My team is in 2nd place in my division at 6-4 although I'm the highest scoring team in the league. I started off 2-3, but it is coming aorund now. Standard scoring 10 teams; my roster as follows:QB Kurt Warner ARIRB Chrish Johnson TENRB Ray Rice BALRB/WR Kevin Smith DETWR Steve Smith CARWR Steve Smith NYGTE Greg Olsen CHID/ST CardinalsK Matt PraterBench RB Frank Gore SFBench RB Cadillac Williams TBBench WR Nate Burleson SEABench WR Dwayne Bowe KCBench TE Visanthe Shiancoe MINBench D/ST Buffalo BillsBench K Ryan Longwell MINI drafted 9th in a 10 man snake. Chris Johnson, Gore, Bowe, Kevin Smith, Warner, Rice, Steve Smith CAR, Olsen.Right now I am going to drop Bowe onto the wire and pick up another defense I guess someone released CIN and DAL has been in the pool for a bit. I will also most likely go after a backup QB although there is no much there and rid myself of the Bills.Is it worth trying to pick up a stud WR or QB and getting rid of Kevin Smith or Gore? This is just a free league with people from my home town.

In a bit of a quandry here. I can start 2 RB's, 2 WR's, and a flex. Here are my guys and their opponents:DeAngelo Williams - RB - MiamiCedric Benson - RB - OaklandRicky Williams - RB - CarolinaKevin Smith - RB - ClevelandBernard Scott - RB - OaklandReggie Wayne - WR - BaltimoreDonald Driver - WR - San FranSteve Breaston - WR - St. LouisNate Burelson - WR - MinnesotaObviously Wayne is in as is Ricky with Ronnie Brown being hurt. Everything I've read says DeAngelo is playing so he's a must start too. So I need another WR and a flex.I'm pretty sure Cedric is not playing this week. I picked up Bernard Scott as a hand cuff but LJ might steal some of his carries. Besides I'm not real sure about starting a rookie who hasn't seen much playing time even if it's against Oakland.Kevin Smith hasn't done much the past few weeks but he has a decent match up so he's being considered. Breaston has a great match up but is the 3rd WR in AZ now that Boldin is healthy. Driver has a decent match up too and is thrown to often.By the way it is a PPR league.

I'm wondering if I should stay put or make a move. My team is in 2nd place in my division at 6-4 although I'm the highest scoring team in the league. I started off 2-3, but it is coming aorund now. Standard scoring 10 teams; my roster as follows:QB Kurt Warner ARIRB Chrish Johnson TENRB Ray Rice BALRB/WR Kevin Smith DETWR Steve Smith CARWR Steve Smith NYGTE Greg Olsen CHID/ST CardinalsK Matt PraterBench RB Frank Gore SFBench RB Cadillac Williams TBBench WR Nate Burleson SEABench WR Dwayne Bowe KCBench TE Visanthe Shiancoe MINBench D/ST Buffalo BillsBench K Ryan Longwell MINI drafted 9th in a 10 man snake. Chris Johnson, Gore, Bowe, Kevin Smith, Warner, Rice, Steve Smith CAR, Olsen.Right now I am going to drop Bowe onto the wire and pick up another defense I guess someone released CIN and DAL has been in the pool for a bit. I will also most likely go after a backup QB although there is no much there and rid myself of the Bills.Is it worth trying to pick up a stud WR or QB and getting rid of Kevin Smith or Gore? This is just a free league with people from my home town.
First thing I'd do put Frank Gore in your flex for Kevin Smith. Personally I wouldn't change a thing outside of picking up another D/ST.
In a bit of a quandry here. I can start 2 RB's, 2 WR's, and a flex. Here are my guys and their opponents:DeAngelo Williams - RB - MiamiCedric Benson - RB - OaklandRicky Williams - RB - CarolinaKevin Smith - RB - ClevelandBernard Scott - RB - OaklandReggie Wayne - WR - BaltimoreDonald Driver - WR - San FranSteve Breaston - WR - St. LouisNate Burelson - WR - MinnesotaObviously Wayne is in as is Ricky with Ronnie Brown being hurt. Everything I've read says DeAngelo is playing so he's a must start too. So I need another WR and a flex.I'm pretty sure Cedric is not playing this week. I picked up Bernard Scott as a hand cuff but LJ might steal some of his carries. Besides I'm not real sure about starting a rookie who hasn't seen much playing time even if it's against Oakland.Kevin Smith hasn't done much the past few weeks but he has a decent match up so he's being considered. Breaston has a great match up but is the 3rd WR in AZ now that Boldin is healthy. Driver has a decent match up too and is thrown to often.By the way it is a PPR league.
Assuming you started DAW and Ricky, I'm starting Kevin Smith and Donald Driver.I like Scott this week, but it's hard to sit anybody playing Cleveland