*official* Fantasy Football 2009 Discussion Thread

Do not agree with this. Dmac is going to break out this year. Providing he avoids the injury bug he should be a start over Benson on most weeks. It's a little closer this week cause Benson is facing a terrible rush D...but Benson is not a good NFL RB. In fact he sucks. It would never surprise me to see him lose his starting job cause of lack of talent alone. Only reason he has some value is because there is nobody else with proven talent to steal the carries. He will score points from volume alone. It's the question of higher floor lower ceiling (Benson) vs lower floor higher ceiling (DMC). I go for the higher ceiling.
Agree completely but I have MJD too (good RB depth for me in the sickie league) so I will really just be playing the matchup with all three guys until/unless someone separates themself.....Benson's sole value is in that they dont have anybody else...
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a PPR league though.
frankly, that is all the more reason to start a RB over a WR especially a WR with no true track record as a good fantasy performer. Brown is a legit starting RB on a decent team that likes to run the ball. Yoda is right this is not close.
It's not a PPR league though.
I'd still go brown. I'm not yet sold on the bears offense; I think it will take some time to start firing on all cylinders. And even then I am not that huge on Hester's talent as a WR. But with Cutler throwing the ball you know he's gonna get some either way. So by mid-year they could be kicking some major booty I guess. Forte is still the focal point and probably Olsen after him.
I'd still go brown. I'm not yet sold on the bears offense; I think it will take some time to start firing on all cylinders. And even then I am not that huge on Hester's talent as a WR. But with Cutler throwing the ball you know he's gonna get some either way. So by mid-year they could be kicking some major booty I guess. Forte is still the focal point and probably Olsen after him.
Good stuff..Brown it is.

Meh, won my game when Brady woke up in the 4th quarter last night. If I get Maroney off of the FA (I'm 5th so not so sure about that one) then I'll start him instead of Slaton who's up against another tough D, otherwise I'll probably put Hester in the flex slot and put Brown at one of the RB's. Chester Taylor is supposed to get 13 against the Lions but I'm still not starting him.D's I play against next week: :club: DetroitGreen Bay (away)IndiCinciMiami (away)Chicago (away)Atlanta (away)NY Jets (away)San Diego (away)FML

Anyone who watched the Raiders vs. Chargers last night- can you tell me if Asomugha covered Chris Chambers most of the game or did the Chargers just never throw it his way for some other reason? I may drop Chambers if he was only targeted once, unless it was because Asomugha covered him as he rarely gets thrown at.

Anyone who watched the Raiders vs. Chargers last night- can you tell me if Asomugha covered Chris Chambers most of the game or did the Chargers just never throw it his way for some other reason? I may drop Chambers if he was only targeted once, unless it was because Asomugha covered him as he rarely gets thrown at.
Doesn't matter IMO, Chambers could be the 2nd receiver on the team and always be getting the 3rd look since both of their decent backs can catch as well. If you have a better option that's sure pickup, go with it.
Doesn't matter IMO, Chambers could be the 2nd receiver on the team and always be getting the 3rd look since both of their decent backs can catch as well. If you have a better option that's sure pickup, go with it.
I agree and would have to suggest Louis Murphy. He has apparently grown a repore with russel and was targeted 9 times. Until someone else steps up to be a number 1 guy there i think he is it, depending on rule interpretation that could go either way he could of had a 2 td game. Kenny Britt also intrigues me and Robert Meachem is a good pick up if you get return yards as well
I agree and would have to suggest Louis Murphy. He has apparently grown a repore with russel and was targeted 9 times. Until someone else steps up to be a number 1 guy there i think he is it, depending on rule interpretation that could go either way he could of had a 2 td game. Kenny Britt also intrigues me and Robert Meachem is a good pick up if you get return yards as well
Thanks, I put in for Earl Bennett or Laurent Robinson. I just don't trust rookie WR's especially with retards throwing to them.
It's possible, but as noted below....he's typically probably the 4th option behind VJ, Gates, LT/Sproles. He's definitely a fantasy nobo at this point.
It's possible, but as noted below....he's typically probably the 4th option behind VJ, Gates, LT/Sproles. He's definitely a fantasy nobo at this point.
Buster Davis gets more targets. For whatever reason, Rivers does not look Chambers way much. It's weird the guy has tons of talent and had a few good years in Miami with awful quarterbacks.
I think Parker is the choice. At least he's the clear number 1.
But they are saying Parker might have a lingering hammy injury (I know, shocker right?). He may be limited again. Not to say JStew is a great starting option right now, but you never know when he is gonna put up a homerun.
So, who to start at flex WR/RB?Willie Parker (vs. Bears)Jonathan Stewart (vs. Falcons)Mario Manningham (vs. Cowboys)I think I might go with Stewart.
I'm kinda leanin towards stewart as well because of the hammy thing and the fact that delhomme's confidence is shattered therefore a spike in RB touches ain't outta tha question
Thanks, I put in for Earl Bennett or Laurent Robinson. I just don't trust rookie WR's especially with retards throwing to them.
Bennett is a solid pick up for sure and i'm pretty sure Meacham is entering the " 3rd year Breakout" season. Speaking of which I think nowadays you can trust rookie WR's more. That rookie WR curse i'd say is dated, especially when an injury or weak corps opens up a spot for a high rounder (I was pleading my case last year when being ridiculed for spending a midlate pick on desean). Washington's injury leaves a chance for Britt to make an impact and it seems the titans are willing to let him deliver. Murphy has a chip on his shoulder considering his Teammate Harvin was a first rounder as well as his main competition, Heyward-bay. He's gonna try his damnest to be that colston style late round steal and outperform those two and Russell is lookin his way lots. Remember the Raiders usually need to throw to catch up. I just don't understand tha mistrust under those conditions. I guess there will always be those guys that will never trust rookie wr's just like there will always be those guys that always draft two rb's first.
I'm kinda leanin towards stewart as well because of the hammy thing and the fact that delhomme's confidence is shattered therefore a spike in RB touches ain't outta tha question Bennett is a solid pick up for sure and i'm pretty sure Meacham is entering the " 3rd year Breakout" season. Speaking of which I think nowadays you can trust rookie WR's more. That rookie WR curse i'd say is dated, especially when an injury or weak corps opens up a spot for a high rounder (I was pleading my case last year when being ridiculed for spending a midlate pick on desean). Washington's injury leaves a chance for Britt to make an impact and it seems the titans are willing to let him deliver. Murphy has a chip on his shoulder considering his Teammate Harvin was a first rounder as well as his main competition, Heyward-bay. He's gonna try his damnest to be that colston style late round steal and outperform those two and Russell is lookin his way lots. Remember the Raiders usually need to throw to catch up. I just don't understand tha mistrust under those conditions. I guess there will always be those guys that will never trust rookie wr's just like there will always be those guys that always draft two rb's first.
That's hilarious. For the last few years I have gone into my drafts with the expectation of taking 2 WR's in the first 3 rounds, and every year some RB slips too far and I am forced to take RB-RB. So, I have the exact reputation you described but really it has been a circumstantial thing.Meh, I don't hate rookie WR's just don't care for Murphy's situation. From what I understand Schilens is supposed to be ahead of him on the depth chart and last I heard he should be back in the next couple of weeks.

Steelers to begin using backfield rotation Though Willie Parker will start again this week, he's expected to be in a rotation with Rashard Mendenhall.Parker will play two series to every one for Mendenhall until one of the backs develops a hot hand. Mewelde Moore will continue to play on passing downs including no-huddle situations. Coach Mike Tomlin insisted just over a week ago that Parker was his man and that there would be no rotation. Parker's lack of burst in the opener must have troubled him as much as it did us.

So, who to start at flex WR/RB?Willie Parker (vs. Bears)Jonathan Stewart (vs. Falcons)Mario Manningham (vs. Cowboys)I think I might go with Stewart.
I think we still go with Parker. He needs to have a good game this week to keep starting, but with Urlacher gone he could get some short passes as well as runs.
Though Willie Parker will start again this week, he's expected to be in a rotation with Rashard Mendenhall.Parker will play two series to every one for Mendenhall until one of the backs develops a hot hand. Mewelde Moore will continue to play on passing downs including no-huddle situations. Coach Mike Tomlin insisted just over a week ago that Parker was his man and that there would be no rotation. Parker's lack of burst in the opener must have troubled him as much as it did us.
I would still go with parker.. even if they are using a rotation, at least willie is at the top of it.. Jonathan Stewart will get significantly less carries than De.
I guess there will always be those guys that will never trust rookie wr's just like there will always be those guys that always draft two rb's first.
Well I mean, you have to be careful were you draft rookie WR's, just like you have to be with rookie rb's. You can't over value them and take them too early, because many will have poor rookie seasons. RE: 2 rb's, I've tried consciously to go away from that this year, because there are so many mid-high quality rb's, and so few top tier WR's
I would still go with parker.. even if they are using a rotation, at least willie is at the top of it.. Jonathan Stewart will get significantly less carries than De.Well I mean, you have to be careful were you draft rookie WR's, just like you have to be with rookie rb's. You can't over value them and take them too early, because many will have poor rookie seasons. RE: 2 rb's, I've tried consciously to go away from that this year, because there are so many mid-high quality rb's, and so few top tier WR's
What if you have the #1 overall pick and take AP, then coming back around Steven Jackson is still available at #24? That's what I faced this year and as much as I didn't want to take him, I did. Now my WRs suck- Welker, Braylon Edwards, Lance Moore and Burleson. I had every intention of taking Welker and Colston but couldn't pass on SJax.
What if you have the #1 overall pick and take AP, then coming back around Steven Jackson is still available at #24? That's what I faced this year and as much as I didn't want to take him, I did. Now my WRs suck- Welker, Braylon Edwards, Lance Moore and Burleson. I had every intention of taking Welker and Colston but couldn't pass on SJax.
Well, I'd have to look at your draft board, to see who got taken.. but I had the number 1 pick in one of my drafts, and I took AP 1 and Jennings and White 24 and 25. Had Sjax been there, I would have taken Sjax and Jennings, probably.The top tier WR's I think ( going into the draft, at least) were Fitz, A Johnson, Moss, C Johnson, Wayne, Jennings, White and Boldin. I would have taken SJax over a Wayne, Jennings, White, Boldin and probably C Johnson. My thinking is you'd want at least one of those top 8 in the first three rounds.. getting 2 of them is nice too, but you can't give up value to do it.
That's hilarious. For the last few years I have gone into my drafts with the expectation of taking 2 WR's in the first 3 rounds, and every year some RB slips too far and I am forced to take RB-RB. So, I have the exact reputation you described but really it has been a circumstantial thing.Meh, I don't hate rookie WR's just don't care for Murphy's situation. From what I understand Schilens is supposed to be ahead of him on the depth chart and last I heard he should be back in the next couple of weeks.
Don't take those last comments as an attack on your integrity in any fashion. You're gonna pick value wise and if that means goin rb rb than so be it, I do it too when conditions determine so. I'm still on board with bennett bein a better pick up at this time, However if Murphy has another solid game this week than I expect him to surpass Schilens on tha depth chart.