*official* Fantasy Football 2009 Discussion Thread

DNA do you need 2 kickers or 2 TE? I like MJD and Portis, but I don't like Benson or Hightower. And I guess Benson has not had a good camp. Also your right you don't have a Stud WR. Something to work on.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my 3 teams. And this team needs some help. Any feedback is appreciated. Its a 10 team league, standard H2H scoring.QB Peyton ManningRB Adrian PetersonRB Willis McGaheeRB Pierre ThomasWR Terrell OwensWR Wes WelkerTE Owen DanielsD RavensK Stephen GostkowskiBenchJay CutlerSantonio HolmesTed Ginn Jr.Jeremy MaclinDonnie AveryChester TaylorRicky Williams

One of my 3 teams. And this team needs some help. Any feedback is appreciated. Its a 10 team league, standard H2H scoring.QB Peyton ManningRB Adrian PetersonRB Willis McGaheeRB Pierre ThomasWR Terrell OwensWR Wes WelkerTE Owen DanielsD RavensK Stephen GostkowskiBenchJay CutlerSantonio HolmesTed Ginn Jr.Jeremy MaclinDonnie AveryChester TaylorRicky Williams
McGahee is at best in a timeshare with Rice and it sounds like Mike Bell will steal goal line carries from Thomas who also has the short term problem of sprained MCL.You have decent WR depth so a WR for RB trade for some RBs with upside would be in your best interest

Here's my team.. had to auto-draft because of my boy's birthday party.. obv need WRs.. but anyone else see any big flaws? Is my team terrible?StartersQB- Kurt WarnerRB- Matt ForteRB- Kevin SmithRB/WR- Darren McFadden (or Reggie Bush? What do you guys think?)WR- Muhsin MuhammadWR- Justin GageTE- Jayson WittenD/ST- PhillyK- Stephen GostkowskiBenchQB's- McNabb and DelhommeWR's- Michael Crabtree(Is he even worth holding onto?) RB's- Reggie Bush(or McFadden?), Maurice Morris, Fred Taylor(who I've offered in a trade for Donald Driver, straight up to a team that is very thin at RB and stocked at WR)TE- Visanthe ShiancoeIf Taylor for Driver gets accepted, then I'll probably drop Delhomme and pick up the best available RB, but I'm kinda confused about what to do with Crabtree.. is he gonna sign? Even if he does, is he worth having? If it doesn't go through, I'll probably try a similar trade with McNabb or some such for a 2nd/3rd tier WR. I just need to get some depth there, I think. I'm not real experienced at FF so any help's appreciated, obv.

Here's my team.. had to auto-draft because of my boy's birthday party.. obv need WRs.. but anyone else see any big flaws? Is my team terrible?StartersQB- Kurt WarnerRB- Matt ForteRB- Kevin SmithRB/WR- Darren McFadden (or Reggie Bush? What do you guys think?)WR- Muhsin MuhammadWR- Justin GageTE- Jayson WittenD/ST- PhillyK- Stephen GostkowskiBenchQB's- McNabb and DelhommeWR's- Michael Crabtree(Is he even worth holding onto?) RB's- Reggie Bush(or McFadden?), Maurice Morris, Fred Taylor(who I've offered in a trade for Donald Driver, straight up to a team that is very thin at RB and stocked at WR)TE- Visanthe ShiancoeIf Taylor for Driver gets accepted, then I'll probably drop Delhomme and pick up the best available RB, but I'm kinda confused about what to do with Crabtree.. is he gonna sign? Even if he does, is he worth having? If it doesn't go through, I'll probably try a similar trade with McNabb or some such for a 2nd/3rd tier WR. I just need to get some depth there, I think. I'm not real experienced at FF so any help's appreciated, obv.
Warner is a huge injury risk so you need McNabb (I wouldn't trade him). I'd drop Crabtree unless you're in a dynasty/keeper league. He won't be worth much this yearDepending on matchups, you could go either Bush or McFadden.What backs and receivers are available in your league? You're right as you really need help at the WR spot. I have to believe there are better choices out there than Gage or Muhsin.

My first draft - twelve team league - standard scoring with 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 D, 1 K and 1 DB, LB DB/LB. We can keep up to three players for the next year with the rule that it will cost you a draft pick in next year's draft (+1 from this year's draft slot). So if I want to keep my 2nd round pick from this year's draft, it would cost me my first round pick next year.I had the Seventh slot in the draft.1. Steve Slaton RB2. Chris Johnson RB3. Aaron Rodgers QB4. Brandon Marshall WR5. Braylan Edwards WR6. Anthony Gonzalez WR7. Ben Roethlisberger QB8. Rashard Mendenhall RB9. Donnie Avery WR10. Zach Miller TE11. Julius Jones RB12. Dallas D13. Michael Crabtree WR14. Jamaal Charles RB15. Matt Stafford QB16. Karlos Dansby LB17. Kerry Rhodes DB18. Davis Harris LB19. Jerome Harrison RB20. Adam Vinatieri K

Warner is a huge injury risk so you need McNabb (I wouldn't trade him). I'd drop Crabtree unless you're in a dynasty/keeper league. He won't be worth much this yearDepending on matchups, you could go either Bush or McFadden.What backs and receivers are available in your league? You're right as you really need help at the WR spot. I have to believe there are better choices out there than Gage or Muhsin.
The top 3 FA WR's available are Isaac Bruce, Mark Clayton and Devery Henderson. The top 5 FA RB's available are Dominic Rhodes, Mewelde Moore, Warrick Dunn, Deuce McCallister and Peyton Hillis. I also see Edgerrin James' name up there, too. I'm pretty tempted to drop Delhomme and pick up Clayton or Henderson. The youth movement is well under way in SF or I'd pick Bruce, I think. That'd leave me with Matt Forte, Kevin Smith, McFadden, Reggie Bush, Mewelde Moore at RB, assuming I trade Taylor.And that'd leave me with Muhammad, Gage, Henderson/Clayton, Crabtree and Donald Driver if the trade goes through. Or would I be better off dropping Crabtree altogether and taking Henderson *and* Clayton..? Or should I just look to trade for a WR?
The top 3 FA WR's available are Isaac Bruce, Mark Clayton and Devery Henderson. The top 5 FA RB's available are Dominic Rhodes, Mewelde Moore, Warrick Dunn, Deuce McCallister and Peyton Hillis. I also see Edgerrin James' name up there, too. I'm pretty tempted to drop Delhomme and pick up Clayton or Henderson. The youth movement is well under way in SF or I'd pick Bruce, I think. That'd leave me with Matt Forte, Kevin Smith, McFadden, Reggie Bush, Mewelde Moore at RB, assuming I trade Taylor.And that'd leave me with Muhammad, Gage, Henderson/Clayton, Crabtree and Donald Driver if the trade goes through. Or would I be better off dropping Crabtree altogether and taking Henderson *and* Clayton..? Or should I just look to trade for a WR?
I'd take Bruce & Clayton. Henderson is behind Colston/Moore and probably Meacham now. Crabtree will probably sign before the first game but it'll take him awhile to catch up. Not worth much this year.Try to trade Delhomme to the owner who has Steve Smith and tout the double points he'll get when Delhomme throws TDs to SmithI'd pick up James as he might end up on top over Julius Jones (you never know)
I'd take Bruce & Clayton. Henderson is behind Colston/Moore and probably Meacham now. Crabtree will probably sign before the first game but it'll take him awhile to catch up. Not worth much this year.Try to trade Delhomme to the owner who has Steve Smith and tout the double points he'll get when Delhomme throws TDs to SmithI'd pick up James as he might end up on top over Julius Jones (you never know)
Cool. Thanks for all your input/help, Andre.

Someone mentioned the lack of RB depth this year and I agree plus it's been a trend for a while.There are very few bell cow RB's that get tons of carries consistenly anymore since so many teamsspecialize with 3rd down and goal line backs.On the flip side now there are also very few stud WR's than there used to be. It used to be imperative to get both RB's early and most would take them with their first two picks regardless.I just don't see that as a valid tactic anymore. This year I pick tenth and knowing the top 5 RB's will be gone I plan on being able to get one or two of the top WR's for my team and taking a shot at one of the middletype running backs step up, like Slaton or Forte did last year. I also don't think there is alot of difference in QB'sunless you happen to get Brady or Manning on an exceptional year.What is everyone's thoughts on Moss this year? TO?TO is curious since Buffalo is going to alot of no-huddle and opposing teams will have to worry aboutEvans speed on the opposite side. For those that took Cedric Benson I am liking him for a sleeper pick. The Bengals are going to be commitedto the run this season. He's had a full training camp with the team and everyone agrees he looks a whole lotfaster than last season while hitting the hole with authority. He could end up finally showing why he was a number 4 pick.

Have a trade question for one of my leagues. Currently my RB's are: Matt Forte, Darren McFadden, Knowshon Moreno, Ray Rice, Cedric Benson, Larry Johnson, and Michael Bush.My WR's are Wes Welker, Roddy White, Jeremy Maclin, Lee EvansMy question is Im trying to shop Wes Welker and one of my other RB's. I'm targeting Andre Johnson. Do you guys think giving Wes Welker and Ray Rice would be fair, not enough, or too much? The other guys RB's are Ryan Grant, Willie Parker, Sammy Morris, and Julious Jones.

Have a trade question for one of my leagues. Currently my RB's are: Matt Forte, Darren McFadden, Knowshon Moreno, Ray Rice, Cedric Benson, Larry Johnson, and Michael Bush.My WR's are Wes Welker, Roddy White, Jeremy Maclin, Lee EvansMy question is Im trying to shop Wes Welker and one of my other RB's. I'm targeting Andre Johnson. Do you guys think giving Wes Welker and Ray Rice would be fair, not enough, or too much? The other guys RB's are Ryan Grant, Willie Parker, Sammy Morris, and Julious Jones.
The trade depends on Rice's value this year. It sure looks like McGahee is going to play less but potentially be the goal line back. Especially if your league gives pts for receptions, Rice will be worth quite a bit. Rice could be your second best back after Forte depending on McFadden (Raiders look horrible) and Moreno (reported late and slightly injured delaying his progress plus Denver has a lot of other backs)Welker is a top 20 Wideout so if you could package him with Benson, LJ or Bush - that 'd be much better.

I've done all the upgrades we spoke of previously.. I have Mewelde Moore instead of Maurice Morris. I have Isaac Bruce and Mark Clayton. Still have Muhsin Muhammad and Justin Gage as my WR's. I have Forte, Bush, McFadden and a few other decent/good RB's. I'm considering shopping Forte for a top end WR and/or Bush for a good/great WR. Dumb or no? Or should I just wait until a few weeks have passed to see what opens up ?

Yeah, it's definitely fair, but i defintely see how/why AJ owner would deny. It's one of those impossible deals as AJ is a top 15 draft pick, you dont shop that guy for two guys that went rounds 4-6. Just doesn't happen. But if and when Rice blows up to start the season, now Rice/Welker is > AJ.
Does anyone have any interest in an auction league ( or is in an auction league with room) I would like to try out an auction league, I've never done one for cash..
We could get one going on Espn.comThey have a great auction draft mode....very user friendly. Auction is the way to go.....much more strategy than a snake draft. Do you grab three studs and pick up a bunch of dollar sleepers? Do you stay patient and grab a ton of solid guys and pass on the stars?
Does anyone have any interest in an auction league ( or is in an auction league with room) I would like to try out an auction league, I've never done one for cash..
We could get one going on Espn.comThey have a great auction draft mode....very user friendly. Auction is the way to go.....much more strategy than a snake draft. Do you grab three studs and pick up a bunch of dollar sleepers? Do you stay patient and grab a ton of solid guys and pass on the stars?
I would be down for it. I did one once and it was interesting.

12 team league. Snake draft but the order changes every two rounds. Standard scoring except you can earn a max of up to 3 points for completions and receptions. Also, Defense scoring includes yards allowed.1 QB1 RB2 WR1 RB/WR1 TE1 DST1 K1. A.P24. Greg Jennings36. Wes Welker37. Tony Romo53. Bernard Berrian68. Chris Cooley76. Donald Brown93. LeSean McCoy108. Dominik Hixon109. Jamal Lewis121. Joe Flacco144. Jerious Norwood152. Josh Morgan161. Fred Jackson177. Seahawks186. Olindo MareI might've made a mistake by waiting to take my Defense but other than that I'm pretty happy with this team.I think only needing 1 RB is huge because if my other guys don't pan out it's not a big deal. Obviously all I got for sure is AP but I've got a few guys who might earn the starting position so I think it's worth that slight gamble. I think my top 3 wideouts are darn good too. Not as good as the guys who went WR, WR in their first two but strong nonetheless.

Finally had my draft Sunday night, had the 1st overall pick, 12 teams snake draft. We play 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR/TE, ! DEF, and 1 K. 0.5 point per reception. 1. A.Peterson RB MIN2. S.Jackson RB STL3. W. Welker WR NE (PPR makes him more valuable imo)4. B. Edwards WR CLE (may have reached here but I think he's due for a bounceback)5. L. Moore WR NO (another reach I think, I'm not thrilled with this pick)6. M. Schaub QB HOU (I didn't like any of the options I had with RB/WR here except D. McFadden I would have taken if not for he has the same Bye week as AP and SJax)7. J. Cutler QB CHI8. D. McFadden RB OAK (wow got him 2 rounds later and couldn't pass him up even with the bye week issue-might be a steal right here.)9. D. Ward RB TB10. C. Chambers WR SD11. N. Burleson WR SEA12. F. Taylor RB NE13. L. Maroney RB NE14. TITANS15. K. Brown K HouAnyone love/hate?

I've been offered Roddy White for Matt Forte. My WR's are Muhsin Muhammad, Justin Gage, Isaac Bruce and Mark Clayton. My RB's are Forte, Darren McFadden, Reggie Bush, Fred Taylor, Kevin Smith and Mewelde Moore. I think about have to take it, right? My WR's are absolutely awful.

I've been offered Roddy White for Matt Forte. My WR's are Muhsin Muhammad, Justin Gage, Isaac Bruce and Mark Clayton. My RB's are Forte, Darren McFadden, Reggie Bush, Fred Taylor, Kevin Smith and Mewelde Moore. I think about have to take it, right? My WR's are absolutely awful.
That's a tough one. Normally, I'd say no but since your WRs are so weak...hmmm. Maybe counter offer his choice of any other RB, but Forte was presumably your 1st pick, and White was probably his 2nd or 3rd. I think if you made Forte available, you could get a better return from another team. Maybe Boldin, or R. Wayne, maybe even Calvin Johnson.
That's a tough one. Normally, I'd say no but since your WRs are so weak...hmmm. Maybe counter offer his choice of any other RB, but Forte was presumably your 1st pick, and White was probably his 2nd or 3rd. I think if you made Forte available, you could get a better return from another team. Maybe Boldin, or R. Wayne, maybe even Calvin Johnson.
FWIW, He also has Randy Moss.. but Moss is ranked behind White in the couple of rankings I've seen.